• 420 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4777 Players Online
  • 4357 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Update Proposal

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by LegoNick1208, Mar 15, 2021.

?

Do you agree?

1. Yes

23.1%
  2. No, comment why

76.9%
  1. I dont know why i decided to write this, they need to focus on bug fixes, but i had an idea.
    Ill organize this thread in 2 parts:
    The update
    How this could happen
    Tell me your thoughts in the comments, love to see how the Community likes this idea.

Before i get into it, some backstory is needed.
    So back in 2016ish, in the OG hub, at the cakewars person, you could play, and there was a upgrades button. As you played, as far as i could tell this was random, you would get 'Items'. These could be spent in the upgrade menu, to get starting armor/weapons you could start with full prot diamond, it was a good way to tell who has played a lot. This was unfair, so it was removed as far as i can tell. Right before it was removed, i switched what xbox account i played as, so i dont know if the old acc still can start with it, have not tried in fear of a ban for hacking, due to this being REALLY old. (Not that bans really ever happen)

The Update:

So i think there should be a 'Ranked' mode. In this mode, there are leaderboards, and as you play you get stars based on kills, cakes/slices eaten, and survival time. These could be spent to buy items, as said above. Not armor or weapons, thats OP. But you could get e-pearls, starter items, etc. These are not OP, and only available in ranked. If i get a pearl, start a game, and use that pearl, then next game i dont start with one. I would have to buy a new pearl with stars. Unless i win. If i win the game i get to keep the items i started with. This is also a opportunity to add solo cakewars, like the community wants. The maps might be smaller, to make the game harder. Items in shops (brick, em) Might be more expensive. To get nether stars for the team shop, you might have to kill people to get them. The stars fall on ground at mid, so no mid point. This makes you hold mid more, make more fighting. When you kill someone, you get the resources they had. This seems like it is a good way to make 'Ranked' different from reg, and adds winstreaks possibly.

Now i know there will be some person saying this will be too hard to implement, and even if this gets pined, it will take forever to add. So i have ways to speed that up.

First off the star system. As a newbie coder, i can already make most of this system (In javascript) in a few days if i tried. I have only been coding for about a month.) Droping items on ground after kill/at mid is easy, already in vanilla and at the gen at your island. Ranked and solo is not hard to add, ranked would just be a copy of reg, but with leaderboards and winstreaks. Solo has already been made, just not used.

All in all, this is a fast, easy thing to add, that brings new things to cakewars, and makes it different from other 'wars' gamemodes. It will bring more players in, something we all need right now, and gives the community what they want, a competitive version of the game. We also get solo, and a new shop feature that grounds this in as a new game, not just a repeat of an updated wars mode. Tell me what you think! Do you like it? Hate it? Have any ideas to add? Let me know! Thanks for reading, have a good day.

Edit: So after this has been up for a day or so, i noticed that the poll above is split 50/50. Would anyone like to tell me their thoughts? Any ideas on how to improve?

Posted Mar 15, 2021,
    Last edited Mar 16, 2021
  2. I just feel like this would be too confusing for new players to learn and impossible for other players to keep track of and prepare for. I think kits practically do this, but much more balanced and way easier to know who has what and what exactly you’re getting yourself into.

Posted Apr 7, 2021
  3. My 2 cents:

I like a lot of the concepts that you have, for example, I would love to have winstreaks for Cake Wars and Sky Wars and other games on bedrock. With the star system, if I am understand you correctly, it would be a currency that you get by playing the game but you could use between different games? I think that this would have issues, as players with a lot of experience would have an advantage to players who are newer. I understand that this would just be in ranked, but I think that this would make it harder for people to get into the ranked mode.

Ultimately I think that ranked wouldn't be the best option for bedrock, especially since the majority of the network is a more casual playerbase. My concern would be that games would not always fill and it would kill the gamemode and I also would be concerned that it would split the playerbase even more; we already have two modes for Cake Wars.

Our Bedrock Game Insights team also just published a Cake Wars Update Proposal that will be sent to the developers. I recommend you take a look.

https://www.mineplex.com/threads/game-insights-cake-wars-proposal.195407/

Posted Apr 7, 2021
  4. Whilst I like the idea: I don't really feel like it's best placed.

I don't agree that bedrock is the best place for competitive modes: bedrock is typically played by people on mobile devices/laptops and isn't meant to be heavily pvp/competitive focused, I don't think it'd get the traction you're expecting it to get within this suggestion thread outside of the release window.

Posted Apr 7, 2021
  5. Thank you for making my day xD

Posted Apr 7, 2021
  6. i miss that we could beat the game in under a minute with the right team

Posted Apr 7, 2021
  7. We dont get many new players anymore.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 7, 2021
  8. The star system would be only in cakewars, but would be interesting to see something in all games
    as said in a different reply, we dont get many new players anymore.
    ranked would be interesting, but we need more players before we get it

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 7, 2021
  9. So why not work on changing that?

Posted Apr 8, 2021
  10. Most players I see ingame on Bedrock I’ll never see again lol, showing the magnitude of how many new players join, it’s just that most players are very young and as such don’t really have a schedule or timetable for when they log on and what game they want to play. If you’ve played video games from before the age of 10, you know what I’m talking about. I really don’t know where you got this statement from unless you’re referring to Java Edition.

Posted Apr 8, 2021
  11. Yeah, most people stop playing before they reach level 7. Maybe he means player retention? But bedrock's playerbase is younger than java so like you said they may not have schedules. We need enganging games and updates that makes players want to come back for more. After fixing the mountains of bugs anyway.

I have a question, what does ranked exactly mean? like arnt all games ranked because you can get wins? im kinda confused on what "ranked" generally means lol.

Posted Apr 9, 2021
  12. Ranked means that each outcome affects you in an alternate points system, which is then used for matchmaking, and presumably there would be rewards for coming out on top.

As for this idea, ranked modes always make me feel uneasy, since (no secret here) the anticheat isn't all that great, and I don't know if we would have an alternative system of punishment for those caught on player reports, eg, a removal of points in this system or even a ranking reset.

As with solo CW, that's been denied for the time being as far as I know.

I could go on but at this point I'd just be repeating what those above have said.

Posted Apr 9, 2021
  13. yes, i wrote this post a while back, and have now decided that it should not happen till we get a better anticheat, give it 5-10 years, might see a ranked system then lol

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 9, 2021
    Jet Starglaze and zapig like this.
  14. The main issue of bringing Ranked to Bedrock is the different platforms.

Mobile players are at a huge disadvantage compared to everyone else. Similarly, PC players are at a huge advantage compared to everyone else.

Why not separate the platforms then?

1. Not enough players in some platforms
    2. The whole big point of Bedrock Minecraft is the ability of people to play cross-platform of one another. That is the beauty of it.

I hope I explained that pretty clearly. But if it was to be considered regardless, then I agree with what @whalker said. A lot of Bedrock's playerbase is really casual. It's way different from Java, where there's loads of emphasis on PvP and ranks and all that. Therefore I just don't think it would really suit. Furthermore, if it was added to Cake Wars, other games would probably demand it too - Skywars, Block Hunt, etc...and there just wouldn't be enough people to fill everything up.

Matchmaking based on stats though - definitely. It's not really Ranked, but at least it puts you with players of your skill level, allowing for some form of a challenge. However, I don't think it is planned anytime soon - but I believe that would be the best compromise.

There could also potentially be some Bedrock tournaments some time, so that those that enjoy playing in a competitive light can get their fun in it too.

Posted Apr 9, 2021
    whalker likes this.
  15. Yeah, mineplex needs better everything before we do this idea, if ever

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 9, 2021