• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Update Bedrock more like Java.

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by xGetClickedOn, Nov 8, 2018.

1. First I want to point out hoow many players play on Bedrock vs how many players play on Java. As i'm typing this there are currently 2,816 Bedrock players on minplex vs only 1,212 Java players. You can say i'm being unthankful (which i'm not really) but, ig i'm complaining alot. Anyways, during the month of September and October there was alot of Java updates (correct me if i'm wrong) and they are ADDING way more features and games. Ik Mineplex Java used to be a huge server but not really anymore but, they keep adding new games and features. They have been attempting this to get Java back on track but so far, it hasn't been working, sorry. I don't think they should quit updating Java but all i'm really asking is to even things out, maybe even giving the bigger platform on the server more features and updates. I do indeed understand how difficult it is to make these new games and features but on Java its a regular occurence but on Bedrock it's much less of a occurence. Also, there is ALOT of glitches that need to be patched (duping being the biggest one). Again, all i'm asking is if, Java isn't going to get a good player-base and they have been trying to fix that but it hasn't been working, they should take they're ideas to Bedrock.

Ty for reading

Posted Nov 8, 2018
  2. leo_thya

leo_thya

Java is their main server so that’s why we have more updates. Imagine Mineplex giving Bedrock more priority, a sure way to just delete the rest of the Java playerbase. Also, Bedrock is pretty limited to what they can do. Imagine adding Champions or SSM to Bedrock. And if I’m correct, I’m pretty sure they need to get approval for updates.

Posted Nov 8, 2018
  3. Vocaloiid

Vocaloiid

The Bedrock Development and Java Development are entirely separate, what goes on in one platform doesn't apply to another. @t3hero if you want to expand more on this?

Posted Nov 8, 2018
  4. ItsDiqmond_

ItsDiqmond_

Heyo!
    Well, Java actually has a bit more features and able to process more things rather than Bedrock(Pocket edition and Windows 10 edition). Remember that Bedrock is cheaper than Java, so it doesn't really have a lot of features and can't handle a lot of things. It is harder to add plugins to Bedrock servers when Bedrock isn't really that close to Java. But anyways, I hope that helped and my information may not be really compatible but this is what I see myself.

~ Diamond

Posted Nov 8, 2018
  5. Ty, now I understand how Bedrock is cheaper which means less features and stuff.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 8, 2018
  6. Vocaloiid

Vocaloiid

That isn't what we meant. Bedrock and Java both have priority, it's just that the Java Development and Bedrock sides operate separately. The devs for one system don't work on the other.

Posted Nov 8, 2018
  7. Bjd1126

Bjd1126

Hello,

I just got a little to say here. Firstly, we released 3 games (Dragons, Mob Arena, and Speeb Builders) during the summer. We also had lots of small but fix updates and plenty of new smaller features. With all of this stuff being pumped out a little over a month before the halloween season, we needed some time to start new projects, as well as start fixing up some of our older games. Overall Bedrock has been getting tons of updates. Even with small little tweaks and fixes we are always updating our server. We have also released a small halloween update as well as released housing, which was one of our biggest projects yet. I just see how your claims of Bedrock not getting enough updates is true at all, as we are constantly doing stuff. You mentioned that duping is an issue, trust me, we know, but we cannot fix it as it is a Microsoft issue, meaning we have no possible way to fix this. Adding on to everything Bedrock has an entirely different development team than Java. As I am the QA Manager for Bedrock I see all of the behind the scenes stuff, so I can say trust me on this, we put a ton of work into our content and are always looking to update and improve our Network.

Adios, Brendan

Posted Nov 8, 2018
    Sophie_OGrady and BeeInc like this.
  8. ItsDiqmond_

ItsDiqmond_

Right, Bedrock actually had the biggest update on Mineplex this summer if you think about it.

Posted Nov 8, 2018
  9. They just need to fix the little bugs like the NPC game lobby zombies being face in the ground and the game exploits.

I dont think its easy being multiplatform tho. Especially Phone\Console\PC. Kinda new territory.

Posted Nov 8, 2018
  10. Wiz_Techno

Wiz_Techno

Hello,

Bedrock is not neglected. The development team is split evenly amongst Bedrock and Java, both with very qualified and experienced developers. To that end, you must understand that Bedrock is a relatively new system to be basing a server on. The backend is flooded with glitches and developers are working very hard to make games which are stable on Bedrock's platform. On Java, this is much easier since all the bugs both in Mineplex's core and Minecraft have been ironed out and it's much easier to build a game off of Java.
    Rest assured, Bedrock is not neglected, it's just harder to update and code games so developers need to spend extra time making sure everything is working properly before release.

Thanks
    Techno

Posted Nov 9, 2018
  11. Mojang is focusing more on bedrock than java. It honestly has nothing to do with the servers themselves as bedrock has many ways to play including swtich now than java which is basically just a laptop or pc.

Posted Nov 11, 2018 at 9:16 PM
  12. Update wise, I would have to disagree. Sure, Bedrock usually gets a sneak peak at updates before Java does, but when Java snapshots do come around, they have waaay more stuff than the Bedrock betas.
    I think it's simply much easier to code in Java for Mojang because that's how Minecraft started out. Also, Windows kinda sucks as I'm told. It's just not intuitive at all. Having even the least bit of experience in coding, I can say with certainty that working with a non-intuitive language is simply the worse. It's hard enough trying to figure out how the flow of a program should go when you actually do know the syntax and how different functions work.

Posted Nov 15, 2018 at 12:40 PM