• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Unplayable

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by BlazinSauce, Apr 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BlazinSauce

BlazinSauce

At this point in time, I honestly feel like cake wars is in an unplayable state. I've been encountering hackers on average every 1 in 3 games. Not sure if GWEN has an IQ of a garden gnome, or what but I don't see the value in playing anymore if it's going to continue to be ruined by hackers. It's extremely obvious that people are using killaura, antiknockback etc. but GWEN doesn't detect it. (Not even sure if GWEN is even enabled currently, doesn't seem like it.) Even after using the /a or /report command, nothing happens. They might get banned after the game, but the damage is already done and the experience is already ruined.

Posted Apr 11, 2019
    PapiKirito likes this.
  2. ZeldarinaX

ZeldarinaX

As someone who plays Cakewars a lot I completely understand and sympathize with your frustration. I would say about 1 in 5 games there is a hacker. As many other threads have said, there is a hacking problem, however as GWEN doesn't have a developer working on it, progress is slow with the anticheat/antihack. Apart from employing more moderators to focus on Cakewars, I'm not sure what else Mineplex can do.

Posted Apr 11, 2019
  3. AceSJus

AceSJus

Hey there!

I also understand your frustration. There's nothing that we can do about GWEN at the moment; however, there is a more effective way to report players. Type "/com join StaffRequest" and from there, you can quickly contact staff members to join your game who will deal with rule-breakers. (Remember to put ! before a message in order to send it on StaffRequest). Also, keep in mind that /a only contacts staff members currently in your game, which means that your message might not have been looked at. Hope this helped!

Posted Apr 11, 2019
    Acerna likes this.
  4. ClassN

ClassN

Yeeeeeah that would be because hack client developers are having a field day on GWEN. We don't have a GWEN dev at the moment, or a GWEN lead for that matter, so we're pretty much getting hit on every front.

Posted Apr 11, 2019
    DietSnow and Fall like this.
  5. xEspe0n

xEspe0n

Even if Gwen is not banning the cheater(s), it could always be sending alerts to staff members, but yes I don't really see much people getting banned by GWEN anymore since anti-bot. We just have to believe in the staff members. Player's can help too by reporting cheaters on the forums.

Posted Apr 11, 2019
  6. danielWuW

danielWuW

Well, Gwen does ban most of the hackers, if not, you can send a message to the staff members as mentioned here before, or record them on the forums. I usually record all the hackers and report them if Gwen doesn't.

Also, there aren't that many hackers at cakewars. I've played several games without any hackers. Sometimes you're lucky, sometimes you're not, so I wouldn't call it unplayable.

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 7:57 AM
  7. PapiKirito

PapiKirito

wdym there aren't that many hackers in cakewars? It's literally every other game and that's just the blatant ones. Playing several games without hackers is not good. Playing most-all games without hackers is good.

Posted Apr 15, 2019 at 11:20 AM
  8. Jaekub

Jaekub

It's not really GWEN's complete fault. People making these clients try to bypass things like GWEN, so these clients are made to bypass her. The only thing I could suggest is to join StaffRequest and try to message any staff members. Since you have Eternal, you can also use /report to report any rule-breakers.

Posted Apr 17, 2019 at 9:21 AM
  9. AltJawga

AltJawga

As other people have mentioned, joining the staffrequest community is a good idea for when you see a hacker. Also if you have the time, you can always record and report them. On win 10 you can use the windows key + G to open a game menu where you can record them.

Posted Apr 17, 2019 at 6:08 PM
  10. cerns

cerns

Not at all true, unless you play on EU idk what goes on there, but there is an abundance of hackers and it does get to the point of unplayability.

Posted Apr 17, 2019 at 6:29 PM
  11. _H2O

_H2O

I can assure you that GWEN is currently enabled. As a few players have already stated, we used to have a specific developer that worked on the anti-cheat system, but they have since left the team and production has been slower since then. Unfortunately, hacked clients are ever changing and developers of those will make edits to get around any anti-cheat we make. That seems to be what has happened recently and there isn't much we can do to stop it.

There are plenty of players that are angry that the anti-cheat hasn't been updated in while and that's understandable. However, it's important to consider that anti-cheat systems are delicate programs that take a lot of time and effort to develop. Our hope is that we will eventually have another developer that can work on it full-time, but that just isn't the case right now.

I'd also like to add that the staff team works extremely hard to get rid of as many hackers as we can. While it's not our main priority, we spend a good portion of our time dedicated to cleaning up the server. We volunteer our time instead of playing games all day to go to reports when players have them or answer forum reports. Keep in mind that /a only works on the server that you in at the moment. It isn't global and unless there just happens to be a staff member in your game, it won't work. /report also has its flaws but is somewhat more reliable than it used to be due to internal changes that were made.

I'd strongly encourage you to join the StaffRequest community that we have on the server. You can then contact staff members globally and if someone is online to check out a hacker for you, they will. We do have other responsibilities though, so we may not always be able to jump into a game at a moment's notice. You can also make reports yourself at https://www.mineplex.com/reports This is, by far, the best way to report players because you are providing the evidence that we need to punish them, something that we may miss. We really appreciate community members helping us by making reports because, as staff members, we know we are greatly outnumbered by our community.

There's nothing much more to be said. Hackers are going to continue to try to hack and we are going to continue to try to get rid of them. I'll be locking this thread since your concern has been addressed.

Thread Locked

Posted Apr 18, 2019 at 2:38 PM
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.