• 1093 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12421 Players Online
  • 11328 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Unjustified banning?

Discussion in 'Help' started by MomoSleepyi, Feb 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello, I hate to admit it, but I was a dedicated Super Paintball player 5 years ago (in other words, I was a sweaty player), playing to improve almost everyday, and I even joined the clan VI for people who know what that is. I quit Minecraft for about 4 years, and I recently decided to try paintball again to see if it's still the same or if I would still enjoy it like I used to. When I tried logging into my old Minecraft account, I realized I had lost it, so I had to buy a new account, along with a new legend rank on Mineplex. When I finally got to play Super Paintball, though, it was great! I was definitely rusty, but it was fun, and I even ran across some old friends that I made all those years ago.

I was recently kicked from the server for 5 days while I was playing paintball normally as I always have been. I know it's only a 5-day ban, and I haven't consistently played on Mineplex in years, so this ban shouldn't bother me, but given I was just starting to get back into it for nostalgia's sake and I WASN'T HACKING OR CHEATING, it just feels super frustrating and unfair. I tried getting an appeal, but I was denied, and when I asked why, they told me they cannot reveal to me why I was banned. If that's the case, how am I supposed to prevent myself from getting banned again, if I don't even know why I was banned in the first place? The only two things I could see the system tracking me for being suspicious is my Optifine and my mouse macro, but I, like many other people, use Optifine to reduce lag, to keep track of my FPS, and to brighten my screen as my monitor screen is relatively dark. As for the jitter click macro, I use it for other games. Besides, my macro doesn't even do anything in Super Paintball, since my macro is a left click jitter click, while my shooting in Super Paintball is bound to right click like default and punching players is disabled anyways.

I feel as though Mineplex needs to base their moderation not only on data, but actually watching the game, because I see players on Super Paintball that get away with using ESP. Meanwhile, players like me are getting banned, who genuinely are just trying to play the game as it is so I can improve. I don't know what else to say, besides that I hope Mineplex improves their anti-cheat system.

Posted Feb 22, 2021
    yvuggu and IWantACookiieee like this.
  2. Posted Feb 22, 2021
  3. Hey there, first of all, I'd just like to apologize for this happening. Secondly, a member of the FM or FMA should be able to give a reason why you were false banned. However, if this happened a while ago nobody would have known what happened. If you personally believe that this ban was unfair feel free to report it here, and don't forget to read the guide here, as this thread/guide is just as if not more important than the appeal. Hope this helped!
    -Justin

Posted Feb 22, 2021
    Ryan9116 likes this.
  4. Hey there!

I am sorry you were banned. Seeing that you said you were banned for only five days, I assume you were banned by GWEN, the anti-cheat. If you submitted an anti-cheat appeal at mineplex.com/gwen-appeal and it was denied, that means that the GWEN ban was valid and will not be removed. Instead, you should regular appeal at mineplex.com/general-appeal. The only time that you would GWEN appeal is when the anti-cheat ban is false. Before filling out a general appeal, I would read through mineplex.com/appeal-guide which should go over commonly asked questions as well a guide as to how to fill out a successful appeal.

One main thing to note is that you can only appeal a fair punishment, which in this case it would be, if the fair punishment is 30 days or longer in length, and you need to be punished for at least one week before appealing. The only exceptions to this rule are Compromised Account punishments and Inappropriate Name/Skin/Cape punishments.

Hope this helps!

--------------------------------

Seeing that the concern in this thread has been addressed, I will go ahead and lock this thread to prevent further responses. Feel free to reach out to me via the forums or discord if you have any other questions or concerns!

Thread Locked.

Posted Feb 22, 2021
    yvuggu likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.