• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5148 Players Online
  • 5148 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Unfair Skins

Discussion in 'Skywars' started by thats1cky, Mar 6, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lately people have been using tiny skins like baby yoda and it was fine when the hit box stayed the same size but recently i guess that changed because now you have to hit the (less than one block tall) character in order to do damage. Along with this these small skins can hide completely behind one block if they crouch and their armor doesn’t show up. This becomes especially unfair when they team up in duos or trios and then half the players are too small to see because more and more people are using them. Is there any way to fix this/ ban these skins? It’s becoming very annoying.

Posted Mar 6, 2021
  2. Hello! I'm sorry to hear your bad experiences, as miniskins can be frustrating to deal with. However, their hitbox is not smaller than before and still remains the same as a normal skin. They are planning to block miniskins in PvP games, but the devs are busy right now as Bedrock is very buggy. For now, a temporary solution is to turn on the "only allow trusted skins" option in the settings, although this doesn't always work and can get buggy sometimes. Hope this helped!

Posted Mar 6, 2021
  3. i seen like 20 of these posts this month lol so its pretty big deal theses little skins
    if you cant beat them join them

Posted Mar 6, 2021
  4. Hello,

I understand your frustration with these small skins, and QA and the Devs are well aware of this, and as stated by Cloudy Day, these skins will be blocked in a future update. So stay tuned!

If you are over the age of 13 and would like to see announcements about future Bedrock updates, be sure to join the Mineplex Discord at http://discord.mineplex.com. Or you can join the Bedrock Group here to see announcements and chat with fellow Bedrock players.

If you need any more help feel free to message me at any time.

~BREEZLET

Posted Mar 6, 2021,
    Last edited Mar 6, 2021
    Fusafez and CloudyDay1234 like this.
  5. Heya!

Like said above, this idea has been processed as confirmed by this thread and many others. The way they are thinking of implementing is by just restricting them from joining PVP game modes, so they'll still be allowed in other games where it doesn't affect gameplay, such as Speed Builders or similar. Otherwise, you would no longer see them in Skywars.

There is no ETA as to when this change will happen but QA and Development are aware, as @BREEZLET confirmed above. Updates about when this will be implemented and many other changes are announced in our #bedrock_changelogs channel on our discord, if you're interested to find out more. For now, we just have to be patient and hope for the best.

If you're looking for a temporary fix as of right now, if you go to your menu and click into settings, you'll see that "Only Allow Trusted Skins" is enabled. When you disable this, all skins will turn into a default steve so tiny skins won't be an issue, although you'll only be seeing steve skins rather than anything else. Sometimes this doesn't work for people and it can be a bit weird, but it can generally be fixed by trying to change it to the opposite you have set, you can also try and relog or click the option a couple of times and see if it fixes itself. In the unfortunate event even that doesn't work, it'll be just a case of waiting and trying to deal with these skins. They'll have the same hitbox so it's a matter of being very observant.

With all that said, there isn't much need to keep this thread open. Feel free to PM me with any further questions and/or concerns!

Concern Addressed ➭ Thread Locked

Posted Mar 6, 2021
    BREEZLET likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.