• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6299 Players Online
  • 6299 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Unfair Judgements

Discussion in 'Master Builders' started by Wolthy7, Sep 3, 2020.

1. I always loose to people who, One, didnt match the theme.. or Two, Didnt build anything at all

Now i was thinking what if there was a detection system where you need to place atleast 5-10 blocks for it to be deemed a "valid" plot, so we dont loose to empty plots..

Edit:
    Also what about cosmetics we could unlock after gaining points from winning, and like custom banners/skulls for the little designs.

Posted Sep 3, 2020
    epicgamer444486, Orangey, GAM and 6 others like this.
  2. Hi there Wolthy!

I overall like your concept that you’ve shared here, but I’m not sure how it would do. In theory, for players who don’t build anything at all or build out of theme, they could easily place down 10 blocks and call it done. You see what I’m saying? It could be bypassed even if there were a detector. Unfortunately, I think the voting in Master builders will always be biased and “mere luck.” I think every player has a certain taste in build styles, so the voting is expected to be different. In addition, if we were to have a detector for “on theme” I feel that a lot of the builds would be misjudged because players build a variety of things for different topics that meet the selected theme. (Ex. Topic: Prison; Someone might build a prisoner and the other might build a small building with villagers to express The topic prison.) I think a better way to go about this is adding in a glass pane that says “Out of theme/Off Topic build,” that way you have the chance of voting that it’s out of theme or off topic. As for the cosmetics, I disagree with the idea just because I think Master Builders is about releasing your inner builder and it would be unfair for some players to have a certain decor that another didn’t. I like to see that every player has an equal chance at utilizing the tools and blocks in Master Builders to even out the chances of a good quality build.

Posted Sep 3, 2020,
    Last edited Sep 3, 2020
    GAM, Xukuwu, Wolthy7 and 4 others like this.
  3. well this is true but it is better than loosing if that player is afk or just doesnt know about any detection system

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 3, 2020
    GAM, Paladise and Amg like this.
  4. As someone who plays Master Builders all the time, I know a few ways for you to fix these issues.
    If you are continuously losing to people who are building off theme then I recommend just spectating all the active Master Builder lobbies until you see a lobby that has all appropriate building players, trust me, there is usually one or two lobbies full of players who want to play correctly. Another way that can somewhat help solve this issue is by playing with a friend, usually, if I am playing with one friend, it can make sure there is at least one other appropriate build in the lobby. Even asking staff members if they'd like to play master builders with you is always an option.
    This actually already exists in Master Builders. If you don't place/break enough blocks then it will deem your build as inappropriate and it will not be voted on during the voting time.
    This actually seems pretty cool and I wouldn't mind something like this being added.

Posted Sep 6, 2020
    GAM and ilyLegend like this.
  5. A lot of people do vote unfairly even if they build more than the bare minimum of blocks, which is annoying and makes the game hard to get consistent wins on, especially if you're grinding it. But that will always be the case. Unless you can find a lobby that has a group of people all playing fairly and not teaming, this is an issue you will encounter a lot sadly and there's not really much that can be done about it. Usually, if you do build something really outstanding, even the stingiest of voters will vote a bit more generously!

Posted Sep 6, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  6. nothing we can do about it sadly. it is like this on other servers aswell. It has kinda became part of the game mode at this point lol

Posted Sep 6, 2020
  7. Helloooo

Yeah, I definitely know what you mean by this, as it has happened to my friends and I on several occasions. There just really isn't a good way to combat it, as the idea you suggested is impractical and would be hard to detect. Like said above, this happens on a lot of other servers that have a similar gamemode to Master Builders. It will probably always happen and the best we can do is encourage proper voting and building throughout the community. Otherwise, I'd follow the advice above and try to join a different lobby with new players that are willing to vote more according to style and skill of build. Interesting idea and I'd love to see some change, I just don't see it happening in a realistic way. Thanks for suggesting!

Posted Sep 7, 2020
    mxul likes this.
  8. So long story short it is basically impossible

Posted Sep 7, 2020
  9. I play Master Builders very frequently and the biggest problems I come across are inappropriate builds (which actually win a good portion of games), teamed parties (voting good for each other no matter how good or bad the build is; and voting red for any that are not within their group), pixel art (which is totally allowed but doesn't really seem fair since you can just do this every single round) and of course like you said, empty/abstractly random plots with little block placement or simply placing tons of lava or random blocks everywhere.

There is already a minimum to the amount of blocks you are required to place right now, not sure the exact number but it will detect if you didn't build enough. A lot of the solutions are difficult to include for this game since it is biased towards everyone's perceived beliefs on which is the best or what was built. Teaming though seems possible but difficult to resolve because again the person could easily just say that they "truly liked it a lot and thought the rest were not as good". Inappropriate builds are easy because you can just get a staff member to come see what they build the next game if they do it again. There could be a great addition of an extra slot in your inventory with a block barrier that says "Inappropriate build" which I think could potentially work, but would be abused heavily by trollers who flag perfectly fine builds as inappropriate.

Posted Sep 7, 2020
    Orangey likes this.