• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Under Pressure! (Nano Game Idea)

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by ShewRadical, Nov 8, 2018.

?

Should more thought be added into this idea or is it already detailed enough as a simple nano game?

1. Yes, enough details!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No. should be thought out more!

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. ShewRadical

ShewRadical

Under Pressure Nano Game Basic Idea:

Pressure plate parkour

Some pressure plates can return you back to the beginning

Some pressure plates can advanced you into the parkour

Some pressure plates give you negative potion effects

Some pressure plates give you positive potion effects

Kill players to make them restart the parkour

Everyone has same kits

(Additional help from @Dominoose, instead of being a parkour, it can be a game type where everyone has their own lane of pressure plates, and they have to find the right path to make it to the end to win!)

Posted Nov 8, 2018,
    Last edited Nov 8, 2018
  2. Dominoose

Dominoose

I like the concept of this idea; it adds a twist to normal parkour and it fits the challenging and quick-paced vibe of Nano Games. However, the first thought that came to my mind with this suggestion is that it’s a much harder version of Hardcore Parkour. In my eyes, I don’t really see a reason to add another parkour-related game mode seeing as there’s enough parkour with Hardcore Parkour and Zombies. But this of course is to each’s own; I personally like more variety and play different games than to play the same types of games. With the right frame of mind, I believe you can come up with some really awesome suggestions and I encourage you to follow this path.

Posted Nov 8, 2018
    ShewRadical likes this.
  3. ShewRadical

ShewRadical

Thank you for the response! I did not know how else to say it but I was not exactly thinking of it as a parkour but it could also be a game type where everyone has their own lane of pressure plates and they have to figure out there way to the end of it! Instead of it being a parkour! :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 8, 2018
  4. Oscaros_

Oscaros_

It's an alright idea, and I can see why you don't think it would be parkour. The problem is, this seems like quite a bland game; I don't feel like this would work because there isn't a lot too it. It sounds like it's completely chance based and you walk through some pressure plates, though with PvP and other aspects this has the potential of a good game, it's also a nice name!

Overall I'm not a massive fan of the game idea, but with some improvements, I think this would be nice!​

Posted Nov 8, 2018
    ShewRadical likes this.
  5. Unfavorited

Unfavorited

Hey!

Interesting game idea. One thing that I could see enraging people about the game is that it's all about chance. You would never know what would be the right one to step on. Maybe if there was a way that you don't always have to guess by chance then it would be more fun for people if they played this game in NANO. Other than that I really like the idea of it.

Posted Nov 8, 2018
    ShewRadical likes this.
  6. ShewRadical

ShewRadical

PvP could be added and to change the pressure idea of it simply being by chance, there can be safe and unsafe and people will be told what type is which and people have to PvP reaching the end on the correct pressure plates!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 8, 2018
  7. Wiz_Techno

Wiz_Techno

Hello,

You're going to have to be a lot more specific and more detailed when it comes to suggesting new ideas such as this. The most recent accepted Nano Game was Grapple Hook, it might be good to check out how they made their thread so idea makes more sense.

Thanks
    Techno

Posted Nov 9, 2018
    ShewRadical likes this.
  8. ShewRadical

ShewRadical

Thank you I will work on my threads more and adding prototypes! My coding skills expand everyday and I hope to make simple gameplays of ideas I have suggested. Thank you for a response!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 9, 2018