• 1454 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 13236 Players Online
  • 11782 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Unban Lunar Client

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by he1l0, Mar 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So today I decided to join Mineplex with Lunar Client instead of BadLion Client because I didn't want to support a client ran by -snip-, has an ugly UI, and lags my computer. I don't play on Mineplex often so I was surprised to see this when I joined the game:

[​IMG]

After looking into this I realized it was banned because they removed their Client-Sided AntiCheat which is dumb because BadLion doesn't have a client-sided AntiCheat that runs on Mineplex anyways. Not only that but my game barely runs without Lunar. Another reason this is dumb is because Labymod, The recommended client for this server, Doesn't have a Client-Sided AntiCheat either. If you guys don't unban Lunar Client ill just go play on other servers because theres not that much to this one anyways.

TL;DR: Its stupid how Lunar Client is banned.

Note: Mind my bad grammar.

Posted Mar 7, 2021,
    Last edited by a Moderator Mar 8, 2021
  2. Yo
    Lunar Client will most likely stay banned due to the many issues between Mineplex and the client. If you want more information as to why it is banned, check out this link here

Posted Mar 7, 2021
  3. This statement is false. The above comment linked the same thread I was going to: https://www.mineplex.com/threads/informational-only-about-lunar-client-status.179493/

This thread describes, with as much detail as we can legally give, why Lunar client is not allowed, and it's not to do with a "Client-Sided AntiCheat". It's up to the Lunar developers to fix the problems with the client. If they choose to make these changes so the client complies with vanilla mechanics, it will be unbanned, but Mineplex and Lunar have been in discussions for more than 4 months now so I'm not too optimistic that it's going to be unbanned. Sorry if this is an inconvenience for you. We were aware many players used Lunar so the decision to block it was not made lightly or quickly.

Posted Mar 8, 2021
  4. As Dulciloquy said, the issues are with the client itself and how it interacts with Mineplex anticheat because of the way it functions. There's nothing that can be done about it until the people responsible for updating it make changes to it. Other servers also have similar features, such as Hypixel's "Use at your own risk" guideline for Lunar (note that there are a couple of features explicitly banned by Hypixel with the client, as well).

Also as Dulciloquy said, we know that it's a client used by many people and the decision wasn't something that we just did suddenly and without thought. Choices were weighed and this is what was decided was the better one overall.

Genuine apologies for any inconvenience, and I hope that helps!

Posted Mar 8, 2021
  5. If u want lunar client just use cheat breaker it’s very similar to lunar

Posted Mar 8, 2021
  6. Thanks to the others above who answered your question. As Looof said, it's banned for a number of reasons and if you'd like you can learn about the reasons here. The main reason it's banned is that it performs differently than a normal vanilla client would.
    Since your question has been answered, this thread will be locked. Feel free to message me by clicking here if you have any more questions.

Thread Locked; Concern Addressed

Posted Mar 8, 2021
    RainbowUnicornGM and Looof like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.