• 929 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7918 Players Online
  • 6989 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Unamed Milk The Cow Map

Discussion in 'Build Showcase' started by I Suck At Building.mp3, Apr 7, 2021.

1. https://imgur.com/a/O1PjMGl

Should've known the datapoints would've been annoying to put around this map lo

I dunno what to call it

What do you think of it?????

Mesa Farm Theme idk}

(yes there are barriers so people don't escape to t he top of the map)

Posted Apr 7, 2021
    anna., Xukuwu, Paladise and 1 other person like this.
  2. I love it. It is very cool and you can easily get a feel of how it would feel to be there irl.

I would call it Big hole in the ground, because y not.

The only bad thing I have to say is that: there is very little showcasing, and I can only se two pics. You get a better feel for the build if you have a video or many pics.

I would give it a solid 7 : 10

Posted Apr 7, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  3. Milk the cow maps are pretty small so I mean you don't really need to show that many pictures

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 7, 2021
    Cakemaster7019 likes this.
  4. looks kinda creepy from above lol but very nice build

Posted Apr 7, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  5. eh, the terrain has a lot of vertical lines and not very natural looking and it just doesn't look very good aesthetically in general. Could be improved a lot.

Posted Apr 7, 2021
    Fusafez and Paladise like this.
  6. Well I mean, Mesa's do usually look like that, It looks decent

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 7, 2021
  7. Seems a bit small imo

and i agree with bear that the terrain should be smoothed a lot more

Posted Apr 7, 2021
    Fusafez likes this.
  8. Milk The Cow maps are pretty small

I Don't think you'll be exploring the map the entire time while people are gaining points

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 7, 2021
  9. I honestly don’t know what it is about this map, but i personally don’t like it that much. I think it is the overall aesthetic of the map. (Sorry i don’t have any actually corrections, but something just seems off and idk what it is) but it is definitely a good start, and you should continue to improve it!!

Posted Apr 7, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  10. Lemme Elaborate:

Gameplay:

- The Spawns seem way too clumped together, they should be spread out way more evenly across the map as right now the cows can easily continuously kill players
    - While the map size seems okay for Milk the Cow referencing the guidelines (Still may be a little bit thin), the sheer size of obstacles in the map, for example the big rocks, greatly reduces the amount of area for the NPC cows to roam around
    - The enclosed gardens seem to be dead ends which makes it hard for players to successfully drink milk so I would open up the back so players can run around it

Aesthetics:

- It's not about exploring the map. Since people are going to play on it, they are bound to notice the outside terrain as it encloses the whole map. It just looks better aesthetically to smoothen out the walls so there is less staircasing and it seems more curvy.
    - The random glowstone in the walls don't match the theme at all. I would just remove it and embed into lamp posts on the map, use hidden lighting, or simply glitch the lighting instead
    - In my opinion, it would also be good to remove some of the torches on the fences as they don't really fit the theme either

Theme:

- There's already two mesa themed MTC Maps:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I would just suggest picking another theme as it's going to be very hard to add another mesa themed map that looks fairly different from the others

Posted Apr 7, 2021
    wild_def likes this.
  11. Lemme give my feedback as a MTC leaderboard player (I'm not sure if that's something I wanna be publicly flexing but we'll go with it LOL)

The spawns are fine. More spread out spawns = more luck-based. Since games end very quickly and it's difficult to catch up to opponents with a higher score, getting behind 1-2 milk because you have to leap across the entire map to get to a cow (as is common on Wayne's Ranch) is devastating. You want to be basing your spawns off Aidan's Acreage and to a lesser extent, Rice Pudding as those have the best spawns out of any map in my opinion (and the opinion of 2 other leaderboard players, one of which has the win record).

If anything, you could consider tightening up the spawns a little more. The spawn at the far back of the map looks like it's slightly out of the way, though that's me being picky and it's probably fine. However, the spawns could definitely be arranged to be more in a circle (again, like AA and RP) because that's probably the fairest arrangement regardless of where the cows spawn.

The smaller maps are the better maps. Wayne's Ranch, for example, is way too big and in my opinion, should be removed. Tropic Cavern looks to be similar in size and shape to this map, and I think that's probably the best map after AA and RP. I wouldn't be opposed to that central area being a bit decluttered, though.

I do kinda agree that the rocks are a bit weird and they kinda look out of place? But that's aesthetic so I can't really comment on that. However, the space behind the rocks and the general enclosed feel of the map is actually really good for the cow team (which is horrendously underpowered in MTC). Small, enclosed areas allow the cows to hit everyone really easily with their AoE sprint and gives them a decent shot at winning. I like it.

These farm areas are fine for the same reason I gave above. Also, you do know that you can leap in MTC, right? It's not as if players are gonna get stuck in those farms.

~

My own thoughts now. The branches of those two trees in the middle of the playable area look like they're gonna be pretty obnoxious. The best strategy for the game is to get milk and then leap up while you're drinking it. However, it looks like it's going to be very easy to hit your head on those branches as they are now, which is really frustrating and is bad map design in my opinion. Perhaps make the main trunk of the trees taller so the branches spread out higher up to avoid this issue.

The lilypads in the farm area do all sorts of whacky things with double jumps because of the anti-cheat. Maybe just replace the water with blue-stained glass? It's a tiny thing but no one wants to lose a game because you get rubber-banded off a lilypad.

I'd recommend straightening out the outside walls near the bottom. From what I can see, it looks like there are 3/4 blocks around the entire outside edge of the map where if you leap, you're going to bonk your head (same issue as the tree branches). Take inspiration from Tropic Cavern's walls, which go a lot further up before curving inwards.

As for the theme, well, I love the mesa biome so I love this.

After writing this post I have just decided I'm gonna get Wayne's Ranch removed for poor gameplay and if you look at this map and then look at Rashda, they look completely different save for the external mesa walls.

Posted Apr 8, 2021
    Paladise, maevestarbaby and affinity0 like this.
  12. I could probably /b e melt the walls at the bottom a bit so it goes up higher. Behind the rocks there are some cheeky holes so I'll fix those. I'll replace the lilypads with stained glass.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 8, 2021
  13. i agree with paladise on the fact that the theme is already kinda taken by other maps... but the layout from what i see looks pretty solid... maybe you could swap out the trees for coral and sandstone the terrain for an aquatic map since that doesnt exist at the moment, it looks exactly like something that would fit the game so good work! too bad this gamemode is absolute buttcheeks

Posted Apr 9, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  14. Xukuwu said she'll get waynes ranch removed and probs replaced with this one, I dunno if i have plans for submitting doe

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 9, 2021
  15. At the end of the day, it's down to the Map Submissions team to decide whether the theme is unique enough. I think it's unique enough even if we kept Wayne's Ranch but it's not my decision.

Posted Apr 9, 2021
  16. It's a very nice map, definitely better than Rashda (rashda sucks but ill get to that another time). I'd try to remove clutter, like the extensive fencing. The excessive amounts of clutter would make playing as both teams extremely difficult, but if cleaned-up correctly this map could be one of the better gameplay MTC maps.

Wayne's Ranch is a perfectly good map, btw.

Posted Apr 9, 2021