• 790 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11883 Players Online
  • 11093 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Implemented UHC Queue

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Deleted User, Sep 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey! I noticed that fairly recently an announcement was introduced regarding the start of UHC. But I noticed that it didn't say how to join on the announcement, so some people may not be aware of how to.

[​IMG]

My suggestion is fairly simple - just adding a "Click HERE to join" after the announcement to allow players to more easily queue for UHC, which would automatically queue the player if they clicked on the "HERE" button. Since the game mode requires 40 players minimum to start, this update could be particularly useful for increasing the UHC player count and therefore starting games more quickly and would make it easier for players to find a game, as well as know when one is about to start without having to wait in a lobby the whole time. I look forward to any feedback anyone may have.

Thanks for reading!

Posted Sep 4, 2020
    Ryan9116, ilyLegend, xAv3xBG and 18 others like this.
  2. Yeah I agree. It just makes more sense to and is less confusing.

Posted Sep 4, 2020
    GAM, Minevaft and Deleted User like this.
  3. Hey! I completely agree. It would be extremely helpful to add an extra line with the UHC announcement that allows players to click on the chat message to teleport them to the lobby. As the game is new, not everyone will know about it or know how to join. Furthermore, it will be easier to get to the UHC lobby if you are in the middle of a different game, seeing as you don't have the compass or UHC NPC to join the game.

Thanks for your suggestion! =)

Posted Sep 4, 2020
    GAM, Minevaft and Deleted User like this.
  4. Yeah. Adding one extra line of text that would allow you to join the best available UHC game that's about the start at the time wouldn't hurt at all. I don't think it's that hard to figure out where the lobby NPC is, but it would be fast getaway for players who want to join straight away after seeing the announcement.

Not much else to say really, it's simple but pretty useful QoL suggestion that would be nice to have implemented into the server.

Posted Sep 4, 2020
    GAM, Deleted User and Minevaft like this.
  5. Hey,

I don't see how this would do any harm and it would be very convenient. It seems simple.

Posted Sep 4, 2020
    Deleted User likes this.
  6. Hey there!

Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with this idea, so I definitely agree with this being added. +1 from me!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 4, 2020
    GAM and Deleted User like this.
  7. Hey there!

This sounds like a pretty good idea to me. It's simple and convenient, it's logical, and there doesn't appear to be any downside to adding this. I would be totally supportive if this were implemented on the server.

Posted Sep 4, 2020
    Deleted User likes this.
  8. Seems like a pretty sensible addition, especially for newer players who aren't really used to how Mineplex works. It's just one line of text, so it shouldn't really be an issue to implement, and would just make things a lot easier for players trying to join UHC. It removes the extra steps of leaving the game you're currently in and finding the NPC to actually get in the game, so I think this would be a great quality of life addition. +1

Posted Sep 4, 2020
    Deleted User likes this.
  9. Like a lot of users prior to me have stated, yes I agree with this idea. I think this makes It a lot easier for people to actually get in the game of UHC in time, along with if they might not know how to join in the first place. I don't think this would be to hard for the Dev team to add so I wholeheartedly agree with this addition. Overall amazing idea and I hope I see It on the server soon!

Posted Sep 4, 2020
    Deleted User likes this.
  10. Hello!

As well as others, I really like this idea! It seems like a fairly simple addition to the newly added UHC Announcements and it would be very beneficial. The player could be preoccupied when they get this announcement message and suddenly wanna play UHC. Instead of clicking on the compass or going all the way to the NPC, you could just queue immediately which I really like! Overall, I definitely agree with you and I give this idea a +1 as it's super simple but incredibly beneficial. Thanks for sharing your idea! Have a good night!​

Posted Sep 4, 2020
    Deleted User likes this.
  11. Hello,

I completely agree with you, there would be no disadvantages if this was used and it would make the UHC lobbies we wait an hour for to fill up. The worst feeling is when there are 37/40 players needed to start the game, and then the server shuts down just because 3 people didn't join in time. It'll also give more attention to UHC to players who might not have tried it yet.

Great idea, have a nice day!

Posted Sep 9, 2020
    Deleted User and GAM like this.
  12. Hey there! I think this is a great idea. There are a lot of times when I am in a different game and I see that a UHC is starting and I want to quick-join it but I have to go to the lobby and then manually find the game. With this simple yet convenient feature, a lot more players would be interested in joining UHC and make games start more often. Nice idea, have a great day!

- Lucas

Posted Sep 10, 2020
    Deleted User likes this.
  13. Hola!
    I remember stating this in another thread! It’s a great idea and not asking for much to be into. It’s easier to click in chat the “Click Here!” instead of leaving the game to click the NPC. I see as the feature is a nice add-on to the already great announcement in chat. Lots of positive responses, so i wish you luck!
    <3

Posted Sep 10, 2020
    Deleted User likes this.
  14. As a pretty OG uhc player myself, I approve of this idea and think it would be a good addition.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 21, 2020
    ilyLegend and Deleted User like this.
  15. As a larger OG uhc player than @MarkTheNub , I approve this message. I personally play random games until I see the message pop up so instead of having to lobby and just clicking in the chat would be a nice addition.

Posted Oct 21, 2020
    ilyLegend and Deleted User like this.
  16. Thanks for the replies @MarkTheNub and @Lavq! Looking forward to receiving more feedback, hopefully the idea will be implemented soon :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 21, 2020
  17. I think this is an awesome addition :DDDDDDDDD

Posted Oct 21, 2020
    Deleted User likes this.
  18. Yes, awesome

I love the feedback!

Posted Oct 21, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Oct 24, 2020
    Deleted User likes this.
  19. This is a great idea! I’m not sure if this would be possible in coding, but if the announcement shows up when you’re in the middle of the game, there could be a feature that allows you to click the message and be sent there right when your current round ends. Again, I’m not sure if this is possible, but if so, I’d love to see it implemented as well.

Posted Oct 21, 2020
    anna dot and Deleted User like this.
  20. Hi! Thank you for your suggestion! I will be marking this thread as implemented and locking it for you, since it has now been added as a feature into the game! If you would like to read the full update notes, you can find them on our discord server in the java-changelog channel. Have a nice day =)

Thread Locked >> Implemented into the game

Posted Oct 22, 2020
    Deleted User, nolawn and anna dot like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.