• 379 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5852 Players Online
  • 5473 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

UHC Playstyles Simplified

Discussion in 'Combat Games' started by Omegza, Aug 25, 2020.

?

What class fits your play style the best?

1. Full-Iron Rush

5 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. Miner Class I

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Miner Class II

1 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Miner Class Deluxe

3 vote(s)
    27.3%
  5. Skybase Class I

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Skybase Class II

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  7. Nomad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. In this thread, I will briefly cover all/most of the playstyles in UHC to have a fun, but not necessarily winning game every time. *note that these are all strategies for an individual and does not cover team-based strategy.

Personally, I use iron rush, but Miner Class Deluxe is also a favorite of mine

Full-Iron Rush: Spend the entire grace period preparing a full set of iron gear to immediately advance to the attack as soon as grace ends
    Pros: Easy way to get kills and heads very early
    Cons: Your end-game requires you to kill an opponent with upgraded(enchanted/diamond) gear-weakness slightly negated through the enchantment tower- or go mining again.
    Grace Period Difficulty: 7/10 Post-Grace Effectiveness: 9/10 Mid-game Effectiveness: 7/10 End-Game Effectiveness: 6/10
    Overall Viability: 7/10 it is a really solid option

Miner Class I: Spend the grace gathering materials and mining. Stay mining just past the grace period to avoid the blood bath. Sugar cane and leather is not a necessity.
    Pros: Avoids a potential early exit and can find valuable ores like diamonds and gold.
    Cons: You miss out on getting all the kills you would've gotten if you could've surfaced earlier
    Grace Period Difficulty: 3/10 Post-Grace Effectiveness: 4/10 Mid-game Effectiveness: 7/10 End-Game Effectiveness: 7/10
    Overall Viability: 5/10 you're better off just iron-rushing

Miner Class II: Spend the grace gathering materials and mining. Stay mining just past the grace period to avoid the blood bath. Sugar cane and leather are a necessity.
    Pros: Avoids a potential early exit and can find valuable ores like diamonds and gold. Also allows the user to get enchantments
    Cons: You miss out on getting all the kills you would've gotten if you could've surfaced earlier, slight negated by upgraded gear
    Grace Period Difficulty: 4/10 Post-Grace Effectiveness: 4/10 Mid-game Effectiveness: 8/10 End-Game Effectiveness: 8/10
    Overall Viability: 7.5/10 it is a really solid option

Miner Class Deluxe: Prioritize getting diamond gear and enchantments only to surface with few players remaining.
    Pros: Gear becomes really powerful and is great for endgame
    Cons: It is part luck-based and leads to low kill games
    Grace Period Difficulty: 3/10 Post-Grace Effectiveness: 4/10 Mid-game Effectiveness: 4/10 End-Game Effectiveness: 9/10
    Overall Viability: 7/10 really solid, but can be boring

Skybase Class I: Spend the grace gathering materials like wood to build a basic skybase towards the center of the map
    Pros: Gets you to end-game rather easily
    Cons: If you do make it to the endgame, it is highly unlikely you will win
    Grace Period Difficulty: 8/10 Post-Grace Effectiveness: 8/10 Mid-game Effectiveness: 8/10 End-Game Effectiveness: 1/10
    Overall Viability: 2/10 bad strategy, can be fun however

Skybase Class II: Spend the grace gathering materials like wood to build a basic skybase towards the center of the map. Incorporates traps and snowmen/fishing
    Pros: Gets you to end-game rather easily. Unsuspecting players can fall for deathtraps
    Cons: If you do make it to the endgame, it is highly unlikely you will win
    Grace Period Difficulty: 9/10 Post-Grace Effectiveness: 8/10 Mid-game Effectiveness: 8/10 End-Game Effectiveness: 2/10
    Overall Viability: 4/10 bad strategy, can be fun however

Nomad: Run around and do nothing and just scavenge for player chests to loot
    Pros: It is a really easy game

Cons: You will never have the best gear and your gear depends solely on what other people had
    Grace Period Difficulty: 1/10 Post-Grace Effectiveness: 1/10 Mid-game Effectiveness: 3/10 End-Game Effectiveness: 6/10
    Overall Viability: 3/10, can lead to a really laid back game with potential

Did I miss any big ones? Let me know :D

Posted Aug 25, 2020,
    Last edited Aug 25, 2020
    jis, Orangey, Jylie and 2 others like this.
  2. Hello!

Thank you very much for compiling these different types of strategies. The additional ratings with how fun a game might be or how easy it might to win makes it seem really organized. Honestly, I have only used the Miner strategies, but I hope I employ some of the others later on. One small suggestion, make sure it says Skybase II for the second skybase strategy, currently says Skybase I again. In addition, can you elaborate on what traps / snow man fishing you can use for the sky base strategies. Hopefully you can create another guide for team-based strategies later on, and I can't wait to read it if you do!

Posted Aug 25, 2020
    Susie and Omegza like this.
  3. Yo I really like that nomad idea omg - Ima test that out my next game (I'll prolly get full iron tho)

Posted Aug 25, 2020
    Anna. likes this.
  4. I find that I usually use the full iron rush, if I have a good teammate that I can talk to and plan with. But if not, I go miner deluxe because I can’t rely on my teammate as much in a battle.

Thanks for making this fun guide of the different stats that you can use in UHC! I think that I have seen all these strategies used inside the game.

Posted Aug 25, 2020
    jis and Omegza like this.
  5. Same lol I never thought of doing that before, but I'll have to try it out!

Posted Aug 25, 2020
    Dwasserd likes this.