• 1365 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7057 Players Online
  • 5692 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

UHC on Bedrock

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by Young_Inventor, May 21, 2020.

?

Should Mineplex Add UHC On Bedrock

1. Yes

68.8%
  2. Maybe

25.0%
  3. No

6.3%
  1. I'm gonna keep this simple. Bedrock has 10,000+ players each day. It has enough players for UHC. There are a lot of people who want UHC back. Do you think it should be added?

Posted May 21, 2020
  2. Thread Moved to Bedrock Ideas
    While the Bedrock server does have a larger playerbase, I'm not sure UHC would be the most compatible game on the server. UHC requires an extremely large map, adding onto that, it also requires players to stay in-game for a lengthy period of time. A lot of the people who play our Bedrock server only access it through a mobile device. Given the size and time for UHC, I don't think it would be very friendly on our mobile users. I wouldn't be opposed to some sort of mini version of UHC however. If we could put a unique twist on it, and if the games lasted for a relatively short period of time, it could be a fun new PvP game on the Bedrock server.

Posted May 21, 2020
  3. This could potentially be a good move by Mineplex, and could secure the future of the network considering the future of Minecraft is really with Bedrock Edition.

However, the competitiveness of the game does concern me for the Bedrock platform.

To start, people would be playing on a variety of devices and it wouldn't be fair to pair someone on a phone against someone with a keyboard and mouse in a competitive gamemode. Following this up, the anti-cheat on Bedrock isn't that great, therefore a lot of people might turn to hacks utilizing things like "Kill Aura" or "Toolbox" just to achieve a win. Finally, much like @510bike said, it would be extremely laggy for people on mobile. Though since people can be in a similar world for survival it might not be as big of an issue.

Posted May 21, 2020
    Young_Inventor likes this.
  4. Couldn't we add speed UHC, for people playing on mobile devices? Also if a mobile device can load a regular world, with minimal lag, why couldn't it load UHC worlds with small lag?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 21, 2020
  5. I get what you are saying with pairing people on different devices, but Bedrock has plenty of PvP based games like CW, SG, and Skyfall. These all have people playing on a variety of devices.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 21, 2020
  6. I understand this, but UHC isn't something I'd put in the same basket as games like Survival Games or Skyfall. If people moved from Java Edition to play it on Bedrock, UHC would be far more competitive than anything that is on there at the moment and there would be a much greater amount of people playing on Windows 10 in comparison to other portable devices / consoles.

Posted May 21, 2020
  7. As @510bike stated above, Bedrock players probably won't stay in-game for too long. Many of the Bedrock games such as Cakewars, Skywars, etc. aren't meant to be very long games. In fact, they're all quite fast-paced if you think about it. A majority of Bedrock players also play on mobile devices, which most only spend short amounts of time on. While I do however find that the Bedrock platform for Mineplex may like the idea of UHC or something similar to it added, the controls and technical aspects of it just aren't 100% suited to all Bedrock players as a whole. We also don't even know if it's possible to implement UHC into Bedrock. Bedrock coding and development is quite slow as well. Perhaps if more players were on Windows 10 for Bedrock Edition in the near future, I do see a possibility UHC or something similar implemented on the Mineplex Bedrock server.

Posted May 22, 2020
  8. If you are worried about players not staying in game, then perhaps there will be a punishment if they leave. As I said earlier, we could add a speed UHC for people that don't have as much time. Also, people are playing on a variety of devices for all games. Though I know UHC is very competitive, if all the other games allow mixed devices, why not UHC?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 22, 2020
  9. If this was added the only thing I would say is having UHC's start on the hour and on the half hour that way there is only a few going at a time. This makes it easier on staff to watch the game and it makes it so that the games will almost always be full. Overall I would enjoy having these on bedrock along with the other games but definitely I would have them be spread out for starting times.

Posted May 22, 2020
  10. Having them spread out sounds on times like a good idea.

OP OP
  11. I believe that punishing players for leaving the game early would deter players from playing the game. I do however think that @MaximumgameYT 's idea of having the games spaced out would be a great idea if in the future UHC is actually added to the Bedrock Platform. Perhaps only running only 2-3 games and each game had a set time of 30 mins - 1 hour, and you're allowed to queue for the game while waiting for the ongoing game to end. And to answer your question, the other games only require buying items from the shop, bridging, and PvPing other players such as CakeWars. However, in UHC, you have to mine, gather resources, etc. This can be troublesome and may become boring over time to players on Mobile, where they're limited to on-screen controls. Windows 10 players are usually on keyboard and mouse, while console players use joysticks, etc. These controls are easier to use than your fingers on the screen of your mobile device.

Posted May 22, 2020
  12. How about this? UHC is spaced out between hours. Maybe it could say somewhere I quote: "This is a Hardcore type game. Using a keyboard and mouse is advised."

OP OP
  13. I think adding UHC that is spaced out, advices players to use keyboard and mouse, and making it a high speed game would be pretty nice. Remember, you can plug in a keyboard and mouse to a phone/Xbox with proper tools, so phone players could bring a keyboard. Otherwise this is a great idea and should be implemented in the future.

Posted May 22, 2020
  14. Hmm.. that doesn’t sound too bad to be honest. Now it’s just a matter IF UHC could be developed for Bedrock Edition, as the coding used on Java as well as Bedrock are both entirely different. Our development team for Bedrock also only has 2-3 developers, and so we don’t know if UHC a would ever be released for Bedrock in the future.

Posted May 22, 2020
  15. Alright so I know a lot of people will say “No one will play a long game like UHC on bedrock.”

Mineplex Bedrock UHC would be a huge game changer and heres why.

1. Other Featured Servers Don’t Have It!
    (Which is why Sky Block has been a failure)

2. New Players!
    (New and original not yet seen game *Bedrock* is guaranteed to bring in new players that want to show off their skills)

There is so much potential and these are things as a community we would rather see. Instead we got a really bug filled Sky Block that was a copy of what all the other servers did weeks before, While there was tons of potential for other games as well.

Things that should had been before Sky Block

*The Bridges (Pocket Bridges)
    *Nano Games (Add to Mixed Arcade)
    *UHC (or Speed UHC)
    *Draw My Thing (Nano or Mixed Arcade)
    *Solo Cakewars (Replace Duos)

Posted May 23, 2020
  16. Giving a punishment wouldn’t be fair to people with bad connections who crash often.

Posted May 23, 2020
    ShrewdBobcat197 and i0nblink like this.
  17. Hey!

UHC in mineplex doesn’t seem like the worst idea, but i think that they should make a bridges mini game like in java. Bridges is similar in some ways, like the fact that you collect resources and fight against people while having a stable amount of health.
    Nets statement above is true! but i don’t think that mineplex should add a full-on UHC.

I agree with this statement as well. people shouldn’t be kicked for leaving a game which takes a long time. So in my opinion, a UHC type of mini game (like bridges) would be a great idea

Posted May 23, 2020
  18. Instead of giving a punishment for leaving, there should be a reward for staying.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 23, 2020
  19. That might be a good idea, except that as Tamman said before
    players with bad connections wouldn’t be able to achieve these rewards. Although giving rewards for staying could attract more players. Plus players with bad connections probably wouldn’t play the game anyway because they know they might not be able to finish the game.

Posted May 23, 2020
    ucyt5040 and WowTamman like this.
  20. Good idea, rewarding instead of punishing however this is already in game. The longer you are in a game the more gems you get. This is in all the bedrock games.

Posted May 24, 2020