• 1660 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8919 Players Online
  • 7259 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

UHC Kit Suggestions

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by XtremeLucas543, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Hey everyone! I am a very active UHC player and I think it would be a great idea to add small kits to UHC to make the game more interesting and fun. Kits are one of Mineplex's most iconic features and are well-loved by the community. Additionally, it will encourage players to grind achievements and earn a special achievement kit which may help increase popularity for the game. Here are my ideas, please let me know what you think!

Starter
    Cost:
    Free
    Receive 10 Steak when the game begins.

Miner
    Cost:
    10,000 Gems
    Receive an Efficiency II Stone Pickaxe, Efficiency II Stone Axe, and an Efficiency II Stone Shovel when the game begins.

Enchanter
    Cost:
    10,000 Gems
    Receive 6 Sugar Cane and 3 Levels when the game begins.

Tracker
    Cost:
    10,000 Gems
    Instead of an Eye of Ender, receive a standard compass tracker which can find nearby players much faster since you won't need to wait for the Eye of Ender to catch up to your player. There is no charge time for the compass, however you can only use this with a limit of 3 times. (If the player dies half way through the tracking period it will not count towards a use).

Golden Apple (Achievement Kit)
    Cost:
    Obtain all the UHC achievements to have this kit automatically unlocked.
    Receive a golden apple at the start of Day 3.

I did my best to make the kits as fair as possible without sacrificing the 'fun' of having kits. I don't believe any of these are too overpowered, and they all support a different playstyle (Rush, Mining, Enchanting, & Special). For the achievement kit, I made the time limit at least to Day 3 to avoid alt account boosting to get free healing. Thank you!

- Lucas

- Changed Tracker kit to have a limit of 3 times (Suggested by Amg_)
    - Changed Miner kit to be only stone tools, but now includes a stone shovel (Suggested by Amg_, Laylq)
    - Changed Enchanter kit to have two books and receive 5 bottles of XP (Suggested by Laylq)
    - Changed Enchanter Kit to be 6 sugar cane and 3 levels (Suggested by somewun)
    - Changed Golden Apple kit to be at the start of Day 3 (Suggested by somewun)

Posted Jan 5, 2021,
    Last edited Jan 7, 2021
    Bhunie, whylel // rain, anna. and 4 others like this.
  2. I’ve never played UHC before, but I have seen YouTubers play the game and I bet having kits would be extremely fun. Perhaps you could think of another name instead of Starter. Over all I think it’s a great idea. +1 from me.

Posted Jan 5, 2021
    XtremeLucas543 likes this.
  3. Thanks for the suggestion! I definitely would like to have a better name for the Starter kit, however the purpose of this kit is for it be for beginners and it isn't as powerful as other kits which is why it is free. Usually on other Mineplex games the free kit is pretty good, but considering UHC works differently I thought this would fit better. If you have any name ideas, let me know!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 5, 2021
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  4. Hey Lucas! I would like to start by saying that I think this is a wonderful idea and it's something I have thought about myself. I know Mineplex UHC has never had kits, and it has always had more of a Vanilla feel, but I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a change in the style of the game. I agree with you when you mentioned how this change may bring more players to play UHC. It's something fresh and motivating for newer and returning players. I overall would find the game more interesting and fun with kits as you mentioned in the beginning of your thread.

I really like the idea behind the starter kit. It's super simple and it's extremely helpful for the start of the game. Overall, I would see this kit benefiting newer players more than experienced players and that's why it's suited well as a "starter" kit. The only suggestion I have for this kit is maybe adding in wooden tools? I would say that would be fair and would give a minimal start to the game.

Unfortunately, I disagree with this kit idea. I could easily see this being overpowered and overused. Personally, I think making it limited to three uses with a 2-2 1/2 minute cool down between each tracking cycle would make this kit more fair. I do like the general concept of the kit, but feel that it would be more fair with limited uses.

Unfortunately, I disagree with this kit idea. I feel that starting out with Iron would be too overpowered. Instead the tools should be made stone to be more fair. Essentially a player could start mining diamonds as soon as the game starts if it were iron tools. Stone gives the player enough room to start the game and get essential resources. (iron, coal and stone)

I disagree with this idea, as I feel that 15 minutes into the game is too far in. In addition, I feel that the achievement kit should include more. I am not exactly sure what the achievement kit should be, but I feel that giving a gapple late into the game wouldn't be suited for an achievement kit. Having talked to a couple people, I would maybe like to see a kit where after each kill, a player would get a said amount of golden nuggets. Of course, it wouldn't be too many golden nuggets, but a fair amount. This would overall help with gaining gold while snowballing and contribute to a teams healing. Again, I am not sure if that would work out entirely, but it is something that I would like to see.

In conclusion, I am super glad you made this thread Lucas! It has been on my mind for quite a while now, and I absolutely would love to see kits added to UHC. I am not sure if everyone else would agree, but I think it's a great idea! I would like to finally thank you for taking the time to think of these kits and I hope this idea is considered! If you think of a better solution for the achievement kit, please let me know! I am intrigued to see what you possibly have to say and of course, what everyone else has to say.

Posted Jan 6, 2021
  5. Hey Lucas!
    Great idea to post kits into UHC. Ever since UHC started, it never had kits it is more vanilla which is a great feature that makes mineplex much more unique than anywhere else. I personally love all your ideas and would love to put my input on it haha.

Starter kit: 10 steak is great, but how fast out hunger keeps running out, maybe a little more would be fantastic. I always struggle with my hunger in UHC and having starter steak is a kit I wouldn't mind choosing. Maybe put the gems up to 5,000 to make it a challenge for players to unlock.

Tracker: Yess!! My favorite kit so far. It would give many players nostalgia from when they played in 2015 and how efficient the compass was. I believe the eye isn't a fan by most and the track is missed. I also think replacing the ender eye to change it to the compass was denied. A compass kit surely would be loved!

Miner: Great idea, just too overpowered. Knock off the iron to stone and it would definitely make it fair and worth getting. Getting stone tools at the beginning of the game takes some time away from players to do the rest of their strategy before PvP is enabled. Efficiency 1 isn't a bad idea either, but either enchantment works honestly.

Enchanter: Personally I wouldn't use it, but I can see other players who enchant in the games underground strategy can find this helpful. Sadly I wouldn't add it as quickly as the other kits as they are much more useful in my opinion! Not a bad good great idea.

Golden Apple: Very smart idea, it may be hard to find gold and this kit can definitely help a player with low help and in need of healing, or just to add as an extra to come in handy for a fight. I would like to see this kit added, pretty nice! If 15 mins is too low, 20 mins can be nice as well!

Overall very long post, but I just wanted to share my ideas to hopefully add to the potential of these kits in the near future. Thank you for making this post! Good luck with it <3

Posted Jan 6, 2021
  6. kits would be very confusing to see because everyone has custom armor

Posted Jan 6, 2021
  7. Thanks for the feedback @Amg_ and @Laylq
    I have now made some changes thanks to your suggestions which you can view in the "Changelog" Spoiler. All the kits were balanced to be more fair, however I will be keeping the achievement kit the same to wait for more feedback. As of right now I still feel it is okay how it is, but if more people disagree with it changes will be made.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 6, 2021
    Laylq and Amg like this.
  8. Hi Lucas! I’m not much of a UHC player, so I’m not too knowledgeable about the game. Regardless, I think these kits seem pretty good! They’re quite unique and seem to have different distinct advantages to each. I also really like how you tried to balance the kits so that there isn’t one that’s significantly better than the other; I think that’s a crucial detail in making kits for games. They also seem diverse enough to suit different playing styles, which is nice! Overall good ideas, I think they could fit really well with UHC.

Posted Jan 6, 2021
  9. Hey Lucas,
    I think the idea of introducing kits to UHC is a good idea that could be beneficial to the community. Adding kits to UHC can make the game feel more fun, simply due to the fact that they can change their gameplan, and adapt to their class. However, I think some of the kits are a bit too overpowered and could use some nerfs.

Firstly, I think the "Enchanter" kit is a bit too overpowered and could use some tweaking. Instead of giving them 2 books, why not change it to 6 sugar cane. Books are a critical item in UHC and it could determine the difference between a full set of enchanted armour or none. By giving them 6 sugar cane, we could prevent players from instantly mining straight down to y11 and continuing for the rest of the game without trying to engage in fights. Making people search for leather makes it so there's a chance they gaining books. The rest of the classes listed above make doing things more efficient in their own ways. To instantly obtain 2 books at the start of the game is unfair in my opinion because its instant and there nothing to locate.

Another kit that could use minor tweaking is the "Golden Apple" kit. I like the idea of a free golden apple for players who've completed all the achievements. But, only after 15 minutes might be a bit too helpful. Instead, why not increase the time to whenever the start of day 3 or 4 arrives. This makes it so people don't instantly gain a golden apple without surviving long enough to earn it. It can also prevent boosting for players who might use alts to bring their golden apple to their main account.

Other than those simple changes, I think involving kits to UHC would increase the interest and player count of UHC for the better.
    Great suggestion, have a great day!

Posted Jan 7, 2021
  10. Thanks for the feedback @somewun

I changed the Enchanting kit to be more balanced to where it is still a viable option without it being too overpowered. Due to feedback from you and Laylq, I also changed the Golden Apple kit to start at Day 3 since it is a more 'skill-based' kit where you have to survive longer in order to get a reward (golden apple) considering healing is extremely important in this game. As of now, everything else will be kept the same but if anybody has any more feedback feel to reply!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 7, 2021
  11. Gonna go and say no from me at the idea of having any kits at all unfortunately. As far as I'm aware, UHC from the start was never meant to have any kits so everyone could have equal chance at winning the game. Even though the kits aren't necessarily overpowered like you said, they are still kits and they could provide certain advantages to players who use them against other players using different kits. I know that sounds dumb and you could technically apply the same logic to every single other game on the network, but UHC is different type of a game and I believe kits shouldn't have a play in it.

Besides, I would rather have UHC stay as much vanilla as possible without the least of modifications such as the kits, and while there are already some non vanilla aspects like the event system or the gapple crafting system, those have basically became core parts of the game and I can't really see UHC being what it is today without them.

Posted Jan 7, 2021
    Fusafez and Young_Inventor like this.
  12. This is what I had thought for a long time, that I was a fan of Mineplex UHC due to it not being overly modified and vanilla. However, after playing hundreds of games of UHC I realized that in order for it to stay fresh and active the game needs something that can appeal more to the general population. When I made these kit ideas, I made sure to make them (with the help of community feedback) as barebone as possible but still 'fun' enough that people would be interested in. Kits are Mineplex's one of if not the most iconic features and a major game like UHC would surely benefit from this.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 7, 2021
    Klobby likes this.
  13. Heya

I think you have some really good ideas and adding kits to uhc and will definitely be beneficial. I really like the idea of the tracker kit and could be really fun to use in games, As well as the golden apple kit which sounds like it would be useful as I can never get enough gold :( either way, some great ideas and would love to see them implemented :)

Posted Jan 17, 2021
  14. Firstly I think the kits should be cheaper to match the price of kits in other games, I'd bring them all down to around 6k.

Secondly, if you compare the Starter kit with the Miner kit you can see which one outweighs. Food is an important aspect but really is not that hard to get. I'd change the Starter kit to also include an Efficiency II Stone Axe and remove that from the Miner kit. If you don't want to remove the axe, at least give the start kit 10 oak planks at the start of the game (or something similar).

The rest seems alright to me, good luck on getting more feedback!

Posted Jan 19, 2021
  15. I originally made it so that the starter kit is significantly weaker then the other kits. For newer players, it's only purpose is a 'placeholder' until they are able to afford to buy the other kits. However, I will keep monitoring feedback on this and I may end up changing it to a 'Resource' kit which would include the free steak along with other helpful items such as string and feathers. As for the price, considering UHC is a hardcore experience the kits are meant to be much more expensive then other games. Thank you for the feedback!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 19, 2021
    Fusafez and maevestarbaby like this.
  16. I understand - however, new players can be very easily scared away by UHC if their first game they straight up come across somebody that had a clear advantage to them. I still think that with what I suggested the Starter kit is still weaker, but just not by an insane amount that it might become unattractive if you're new.

Secondly, I believe 6k is better than 10k because it is still much more expensive than a lot of kits for other games (which are usually around 4k so 6k is a 50% increase) although it can be a bit higher, I just wouldn't make it reach double digit thousands. Not that many people play UHC, and if new players were trying it out, chances are they would have nowhere near enough to buy other kits, nor would not want to spend their gems on a game they don't play often.

Posted Jan 19, 2021