• 439 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2523 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion UHC - But Different

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by BlackConfig, Oct 21, 2019.

1. What is UHC?

UHC is when you get spawned out into the wild within a 2k border, you mine collect diamonds and eventually the border shrinks to 50 where you battle it out. Meetup is the exact same thing but the border instantly gets set to 200 and you automatically have items such as golden apples, golden heads, armour set etc.

My Idea

This could also be an event idea, you'd have UHC or Meetup games as a new event, you could twist them up with different scenarios. You'd get a prize if you win this, it could be like crates or a rank depending on how many people turn up to this. You can advertise this event on the UHC reddit page, forums or make an announcement on your server discord.

Why this should be implemented

It should be implemented because it could bring a more hardcore, more PvP based side to the community. We could start bringing practice, UHC and HCF kings over to the network to play these type of things but to filter out the toxic side of the community. Of course, you'd need the RC to make new rules for this game-mode and you'd need to investigate and play a few games on UHC servers to understand where I'm coming from.

Regards,
    BlackConfig.

Posted Oct 21, 2019
    scarlet ♥ likes this.
  2. Hey there

Thanks for taking the time out of your day to suggest something for the community! I personally really like this idea because not only would it attract new UHC players to the server and improve our player count, but it would also make for a fun, fast, and competitive event.

I think this could definitely be implement, and I could see it working as a full time scheduled event. +1

Thanks!

Posted Oct 21, 2019
    BlackConfig likes this.
  3. Sup!

I think this is a great idea, along with Salty it could bring a lot of new UHC players into the server which would increase our player counts for sure, this would absolutely help Mineplex in the long run and Mineplex is in a decline right now. However, your idea of this UHC is amazing! +1 from me

Have a good day!

Posted Oct 21, 2019
    BlackConfig and saltyfishhy like this.
  4. I didn’t get your suggestion. Are you suggesting to change UHC or implement the classic one?

Posted Oct 21, 2019
  5. Definitely would like to see this implemented in some form

Posted Oct 21, 2019
    BlackConfig likes this.
  6. Hey!

I think that this would be a fun game to play as in an Event Game! Having it as an own game would probably make it boring after playing it for a while, so it's a nice solution to implement this as a temporary game.

However, I think that it would need to be some more details in this game. As you probably know, Mineplex has many original games, so they would probably add some cool features in this game to make the it more special, which I think would help your idea a lot. The question is, if they would use this as a next game for an Event. Maybe they have other plans, who knows.

But overall, I like the idea, and with some few changes, I think it could be a fun game. +0.5 from me :)

Posted Oct 21, 2019
    BlackConfig likes this.
  7. Hey, so this is basically the same UHC that has been suggested before but in the form of an event game, right?

If that's the case, I half agree with this idea. I definetly want UHC to be added back as a permanent game, but adding it temporarily as an event game and then if it gets enough attentention throughout they could keep it as a perma game. This would be great as when they removed UHC a while ago, I didn't even get the chance to play it, but playing it on other servers I really like seeing it. I wouldn't personally like seeing all sorts of scenarios being implemented but possibly a competition for the game would be great. I'm going to leave this at a +0.5 for now.

Posted Oct 21, 2019
    BlackConfig likes this.
  8. It seems pretty interesting. As this is for the event server, this seems like it would fit in. As for your twists, what do you have in mind? For example, would you want some sort of OP UHC, or do you want something more vanilla orientated? My issue with this is that as you seem to say it's only an event game, and I don't really think it will necessarily attract players unless it is released as a full game mode. Then again, adding UHC back has been denied multiple times, as we already have similar types of game modes.

As for the prizes, I think ranks seem a little far fetched, but something that's appealing to newer players would be beneficial. Crates seem like a good idea, and maybe a special title?

For now, I'll leave this at a +0.5 as I'm not sure if this really needs to happen, but if the general response of the game mode is positive, then I can see this game mode becoming successful. I'd still like to see further elaboration on the 'twists' I mentioned as this really needs some building.

Posted Oct 21, 2019
    BlackConfig likes this.
  9. Hello! I think this a great idea! But I have some questions.

1. how often would these events happen?

2. how long do they last

3. what crates would you get?

4. How long is one game?

Posted Oct 21, 2019
    GAM likes this.
  10. 1. Depends, could be monthly or weekly.
    2. UHC Events can go between 30m-1h depending on how many players are playing and how good/bad they are.
    3. Probably like Mythic or Ancient, unless it's like 100+ players maybe consider a Illuminated chest or you could make a new UHC or Event Crate and you'd get one of those.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 21, 2019
  11. Yo,

Thank you for suggesting your idea! UHC is something that is an extremely low priority right now but it could possibly be added in the future. Meetup doesn't seem viable if the events happened every 30m-1hr and only lasted ~10-20m due to the circumstances it would be easy to gain high rewards for a game that doesn't last very long. I don't think having different scenarios would be beneficial to UHC aside from core ones such as Moles/CutClean or something. Feel free to suggest more detailed ideas on UHC itself though!

Posted Oct 22, 2019
    GAM and BlackConfig like this.
  12. Hola!

I remember the old days when UHC was a popular game at Mineplex (Yes, Ultra Hard Core was my favorite game). Unfortunately, as soon as the new game mode UHC speed came out, it seemed to have ruined this game as players didn't pay attention to the new feature and It somehow destroyed the original.

I have to admit, your idea is quite simple. I am not sure if what you suggest will work, but we got nothing left to lose...tbh.

Anyways, how about investing in the old UHC (the OG) and fixing some issues like block lag or so to be able to bring the game back to Mineplex ? I believe this is a game which Mineplex can take advantage of to bring new and old players back to the server.

Have a good night,
    Flame

Posted Oct 22, 2019
    BlackConfig likes this.
  13. Heyo!

As much as I would love for UHC to return I don't think it will. If it was to be an event this would take a lot of dev time to fix any bugs with the previous UHC plugin and add any of yours or other suggestions to help improve the game. With that being said the event would probably only happen once and it would be a waste of dev time which could be used on fixing and maintaining the current games. It's a -1 from me but thanks for suggesting!

Posted Oct 22, 2019
  14. Hey,

How’s the sever meant to get better if the devs don’t do their job and too afraid to try something new or better? How is it meant to get better if they don’t start to spend time on things? I know some public plugins that have taken developers years to code and improve.

Regards,
    BlackConfig.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 22, 2019
  15. I like this idea. Ultra Hardcore is a game that may possibly be implemented again in the future, as shown here. I would like to see UHC back on the server, and I'm sure it will receive a lot of popularity as well. As you pointed out, while there may be toxicity involved with this addition, I think there are greater benefits such as attracting many hardcore fans. I would also like to see this idea modified for a permanent version of the game rather than an event game mode as having a limited-time game seems like a waste of resources when it can be kept permanently. Perhaps an event could be held once UHC has been implemented to attract lots of players for the re-added game.

Posted Oct 22, 2019
    BlackConfig likes this.
  16. Heyoo!

I like this idea and enjoy UHC. I see a few problems though. First of all, how long would the game last? Would it be like regular armor and meaning you need to find books, or would there be any shortcuts to enchanted diamond/iron armor? Secondly, are there any special weapons to make this version unique? Something like the Knights Greatlance or Meridian Scepter by any chance? Thirdly, What are the rewards? If you win, do you get a lot of experience, shards, gems, or crates? This leads to the fourth problem, Is this going to be a server event or a game mode like Survival Games? Fifthly, This will split up the community even more. We already have a lot of PVP games that are being worked on. Adding on, I don't think the developers have enough time to implement this game mode. UHC seems complicated all around and I believe it is. Finally, I don't think that Mineplex has a big enough player base. If this game is going to work, It's going to need a lot of players or else It's going to be Survival Games hence the player base issue. Sorry, but I don't think we're going to see this game any time soon. I surely would like it but don't think It's for the best. I have to give it a -1

Posted Oct 22, 2019
  17. Hey, i think this could be cool!
    Here are my suggestions though:
    Games on weekends for kids like me :)
    Kits, maybe a Hunter, Scout, Cook, etc.
    Kits must be realistic (Not like Gunner or bomber)
    so its a +1 form me!

Posted Oct 22, 2019
    BlackConfig likes this.
  18. This is weird because you describe a very common scenario and a very uncommon one which is decidedly not a core scenario.

Not really psyched about the addition of kits to a game like UHC tbh. Not every game needs kits.
    Please no.
    Fortunately, Mineplex used to have UHC, and as a gamemode it's pretty vanilla and not terribly complex anyway.

Posted Oct 22, 2019
    BlackConfig likes this.
  19. I meant this in the sense that it didn't change the game from vanilla to breaking flowers and getting op items type of "core". While yes Moles do add some items (depending how you play it I've heard of moles where it's just the moles just have the secret team/betrayal mechanic and nothing to help them with it) it's more of a "fun" gamemode that is relatively vanilla.

Posted Oct 27, 2019
  20. You define "core" in a strange way but alright, I see what you're saying now.

Posted Oct 27, 2019