• 1674 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1674 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

UHC and why it was the most stupid decision mineplex could ever make.

Discussion in 'Combat Games' started by SuperTiger_, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Now, the reason for this post is to just show how dumb it was to add uhc to mineplex. Before, uhc was a thing because mineplex was the #1 server and had a active player base of around 30k players. This meant the exclusive once a hour uhc games were very hard to get into and very fun! But mineplex thought to themselves "We should make a uhc game that happens once every hour when we have a average player base of 1k. This was a large mistake because of the fact that well, lobbies don't fill up like at all. The main thing i think they were trying to do with their uhc was to well make a new unique game that would bring more players to the server. This didnt work because well #1 is that the games never fill up so no one will ever have fun even playing it. #2 is that well theres nothing unique to it. Hypixel has special crafts, and cool things, mineplex just has standard uhc? The developer time that the spent on this game is just a flat out waste with game modes like clans needing developers to work on it and they used it on uhc. They could have even used it on another game that people like, like smash mobs or cake wars.

Thanks for listening to my ted talk

Posted Oct 29, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  2. Btw just to say i dont think the developers are overall bad developers i just feel they made a very bad decision

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 29, 2020
  3. Hey, I disagree with this completely. I played 2 UHC games today with friends, not to mention there's probably been several more so clearly there's no issue in games starting later on in the day. Unfortunately, they won't start during early hours but it's a good idea to adapt to certain playing times if possible if you want to play certain games. Also once Halloween Havoc is removed more people will hopefully start playing UHC again. I'm aware that a lot of people, including myself, were extremely happy to see UHC back, and given that it was just re-added after being gone for so long, I highly doubt it'd be removed again nor do I see a reason for that to happen. It's also not detracting from other game modes being developed, since a Clans update is currently in the works along with several other planned updates. UHC doesn't currently seem to need more updates since more bugs were patched and more updates were added just a few days ago. It's also important to remember that there is a UHC community, and that not every game needs updates. UHC is still fairly new so it's likely there will still be some more updates coming in the future but as of now, it seems to be doing well. Also, CW isn't in dire need of an update compared to other games in my opinion. Hopefully this addresses your issues with UHC.

Posted Oct 29, 2020
  4. From what I heard, UHC didn't take up much development time at all. A developer named Sam (MoppleTop) said UHC took about 2 weeks to make. Mineplex KNOWS UHC will not bring back players, personally I don't know why but I've heard they have bigger and better plans for a new unique mode. Mineplex games have an effect where its popular for the first 2 weeks and it dies down later, and that's what's happened to UHC. Mineplex didn't add much because it wasn't worth investing lots of time into, the audience for UHC isn't as big anymore.

Posted Oct 29, 2020
    Gridlocke likes this.
  5. Doesn’t UHC stand for ultra-hardcore, as in no natural health regain?

Posted Oct 29, 2020
  6. yes clans is getting a update but this is gonna be the first content update in a year for a major factions like gamemode that needs content

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 29, 2020
  7. a main point of adding UHC in the first place was to have a version with fair gameplay. the other server you're talking about has custom crafts, sure, but a ton of it takes lots and lots of time to unlock, which puts new players at disadvantages because they don't have anything, and it allows the veteran players to win with ease. not saying our UHC is immediately better because of that but it's certainly a factor, everyone starting at the same place.

i agree with the games not filling though, i'd love to see a lower player cap introduced or some other method to let them start

anyways, i don't really know why you made this thread in the first place? there were no suggestions on how the game could be improved whatsoever and just seems overall hateful. what would be some things you would change about the gamemode?

Posted Oct 29, 2020
  8. It was a fad when the beta released. everyone swarms to the newest games to see what the hype is about, then it dies extremely fast and way less people will play it. Kind of like Fall Guys, and possibly Among Us. They get insanely popular and die soon after people get bored of it and there is a lack of interest. Doing something for the first time is way more exciting than the 129835717589th time so it gets boring pretty quick. The game requires way too many people for mineplex' playerbase so it was not a good idea. Halloween Havoc on the other hand is a seasonal game which does not require many people to play, and is great since you can play with 4 people, perfect for a group of friends who just want to have fun. And it's a limited time thing so it will go away soon, which is used a lot for marketing (scarcity). which makes people want something more. but the reason why i don't really even bother to play it is because raying is basically the norm. the vast majority of people I played with or that I spectated were clearly X raying so I just quit right away because i knew it was just going to be a typical "hack or lose" type of game.

Posted Oct 30, 2020
    Anna ♡, Paladise and xOeuf like this.
  9. I think the biggest reason that it failed is that it's just old. It's basically competitive survival, but on 1.8, and nobody plays 1.8 outside of minigames. The gamemode is 5 years old and just isn't that interesting anymore, even with the locations that mineplex added.

Posted Oct 30, 2020
    Fusafez and Paladise like this.