• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9942 Players Online
  • 7052 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Tying in Master Builders

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by Bobert2013, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Hey all!

I was playing some Master Builders with friends the other day, and I realized for the first time that you can't tie in Master Builders despite getting the same score.
    [​IMG]

This seems really weird to me. If players do get the same score, I personally feel as though it should be considered a tie with both players being rewarded the win. It doesn't make sense to pick one out of the two when they both were voted the same. The question of stat boosting through tying (such as in monster maze, runner, etc.) isn't applicable because players don't have the ability to ensure that both people get voted the same.

All in all, I don't see any flaws in this idea, and feel as though it is only fair that players get rewarded for their work.
    Please let me know your thoughts!
    ~ Bobert / Erik

Posted Jul 2, 2020
    Danese, Ruffybear, xUmbreon and 3 others like this.
  2. This is on the docs for Master Builders. Hopefully it gets fixed soon because it is really annoying sometimes.

Posted Jul 2, 2020
    Danese likes this.
  3. Hello!

I just see from what you come and definitely I'd like to see a change in regard to that problem. As Kristo told, it's indeed already included to BLD update document, so that probably will be done in the future update for Master Builders.

Not sure how we should be resolving that issue but probably we can do some changes to the calculation of points to prevent people from having the same amount of points. That might be the best way how to resolve that issue but not making 2 or more winners since there should be only one winner for that game. Also, if there will be several winners, it can create an issue about whose building should be shown to players as winning building.

Overall, it's something which is planned already to be fixed since it's on GI BLD update document and I myself would like to see that be resolved in the future, so I will give +1 to that idea. Thanks for bringing it up!

Posted Jul 2, 2020
    mab8400 likes this.
  4. Oddly enough, I've lost my fair share of games because of this exact thing happening. Definitely hope it's fixed in the near future, so either that players are unable to tie (which seems kinda impossible to do) or that ties become allowed in the first place. The reason I say that it may be impossible for tying to become impossible is because some people will just naturally receive the same votes and I don't see a whole lot that could be done with that.

Posted Jul 2, 2020
  5. Hey dude.
    I completely agree with this idea. It's really weird that this hasn't already been added, but it would definetly make it more fair for everyone. It's good to hear this is in the update doc, because it would really help.
    Overall, this would be a nice QoL change.
    +1

Posted Jul 5, 2020
  6. Tying has been approved by GI and is on the Master Builders update document, meaning this feature will be implemented in a future update.

Processed - Approved by GI

Posted Jul 23, 2020
  7. That's because it prevents stat boosting. ^ Hopefully will be rejected due to this. I've tied before several times and it's worth losing a couple games if it means preventing people from boosting. I think it would be more wise to add a sort of "1 minute showdown" where the tied players are given another theme in a small plot, where only an odd number of people can vote a "win" or "lose" so that tying doesn't go on forever.

Posted Jul 23, 2020
  8. How does the ability to tie cause stat-boosting? Unless you have every single person in the lobby on board, the chances that multiple people can consistently get the same number of points per game is astronomically low
    such that it's not an issue.

Having a "showdown" doesn't make sense either since you could have won because you're good at building a specific theme but then you go to a showdown with a theme you're unconfident on and so you lose despite having made a potentially incredible build for the last theme. It doesn't make sense to decide who wins via a completely different build since your capability to build that is irrelevant to who built the best for the original theme.

Posted Jul 23, 2020
    AtlantaTV, afterfive, JAKE/// and 2 others like this.
  9. Here's the stat boosting quoted from the rules; "

Boosting account stats including exp, gems, shards, etc through unfair or unintended means.

Including but not limited to:
    Tying games

Anti AFK

Utilizing Alternate Accounts" And I have legitimately seen groups of players making lobbies to boost their friends. You can calculate the numbers based on each colors point value. Since the minimum number of players is only 8, it's pretty easy to get a group of friends to pick a certain color of glass so that everyone is tied. The showdown thing is a perfect way to test someone's creativity. You can give them the same or a similar theme so that it isn't too much of a stretch. Super simple.

Posted Jul 24, 2020
  10. I don't understand why you care SO MUCH about stat-boosters. Costing legit players wins in order to not even stop stat boosters is plain stupid. They can literally get wins much faster than using alts to get ties. They can make all their friends (or alts) leave the server once the game starts so it is just them and automatically get a win within 5 seconds. There's plenty of people who boost stats only for THEMSELVES as well. Adding ties into master builders isn't going to increase boosting or decrease boosting.

Posted Jul 24, 2020
    afterfive and Xukuwu like this.
  11. Once again, read the quoted sentence "Tying Games" in the rules. The best option to prevent any of it is to make it impossible to tie; which is obviously a much better idea than making it easier to stat boost. It WILL happen. People won't use the /hub scenario BECAUSE they can all win. Why have one person stat boost when everyone can? That'll be the problem. Countering their own rule will make Mineplex look even more unthoughful and add to their already not-so-great reputation. If it rarely even happens, it shouldn't be a priority at all. I think a losing a game or two once in a while is worth it instead of having people loophole the rules and ruin the game.

Oh, and I care about getting rid of stat boosters because it isn't fair to people who actually play the game. It's unethical and seeing people do that is degrading to the reputation of people who work for it.

Posted Jul 24, 2020
  12. Tying in Master Builders due to multiple players having the same score is allowed under the stat-boosting rules. I have this under good authority from @Rilau who has asked an RC member about it.

To explain, tying in Monster Maze is punishable because the aim of the game is to get to the safe pads. When you tie in MM, you all avoid stepping onto the pad so you die at the same time. This is punishable because that is going against the goal of the game. On the other hand, tying at the end of the map in Dragon Escape is not punishable as the aim of the game is to get to the end of the map. If multiple people successfully do that, they are allowed to tie since they are not specifically going against the aim in order to tie the game (therefore tying DE at the start is not allowed).

Since in Master Builders, the aim of the game is to build something and acquire as many points as possible, if multiple people acquire the same number of points then it is fine if they tie since they are agreeing with the aim of the game.

Posted Jul 24, 2020
    Danese, afterfive and Rilau like this.
  13. The thing is, stat boosters are NEVER going to go away. There's no point in robbing innocent players of a win because it may stop one or two boosters. It's not very hard for boosters to get the 30 win achievement even without ties.

Posted Jul 24, 2020
    afterfive likes this.
  14. Where is that stated in the rules? I feel like that is a very important thing they left out. If the "aim of a game" is implied in the rules, then half the games on this server are completely broken and people are breaking them nonstop.

In any case, what you are saying is that I could get myself and 7 other friends and we all vote purple on every single persons build, thus we all get the same score and are each given a win. Seems pretty flawed to me. But I guess acquiring the most points is the aim of the game so it should be allowed right? That logic doesn't add up.

It would be so much easier to avoid the problem if tying wasn't possible at all. A simple solution like a final vote on which is better from each player sounds pretty good to me.

Posted Jul 25, 2020
  15. bruv i dont think u even know what stat boosting is x. it ain’t that serious luv :rolling_eyes:

Posted Jul 28, 2020
    Danese likes this.
  16. Thank god somebody posted this... Now I don't have to!

...Still!

Why, it says so right here!

[​IMG]

"Boosting account stats including Exp, gems, shards, etc. through unfair or unintended means."

Q: What is the main goal of Master Builders?
    A: To get as many votes as possible on a build centered around one central theme.

Q: How do you gain votes on your build?
    A: By having people vote for your build.

Q: Can an opinion be shared- or even identical- between various individuals?
    A: Yes.

Q: Is it therefore possible for two or more players to gain the same number of votes due to pure coincidence?
    A: Yes.

Q: Have the users tied due to an intended method within this game's structure.
    A: No.

Q: Is tying in Master Builders stat-boosting?
    A: By the definition of stat-boosting and by the methods in which the game mode "Master Builders" operates per intentional design, tying in Master Builders is not a form of stat-boosting.

-Dan

Edit:

A group of players crashing a game of Master Builders is a different case entirely and shall be handled by RP once you have reported them through mineplex.com/reports. This thread does not aim to undermine this issue; rather, it aims to address scenarios that occur while playing legitimately and to alleviate community frustration based upon a quirk within the methodology employed within this game mode for determining a victor at the conclusion of a given match.

Edit 2:

Punishing a party of 7 players who continue to gain the exact same scores in a game of Master Builders is punishable the exact same way getting a party of 15 other players in a game of Cake Wars and having them all jump off the edge upon eating their cake is punishable... Which is the same for Speed Builders, which is the same for Bridges, which is the same for Block Hunt, which is the same for Monster Maze, which is the same for Gladiators, which is the same for [insert game here]...

Posted Jul 28, 2020,
    Last edited Jul 29, 2020
    Jaek, Xukuwu and affinity0 like this.
  17. Hey!

I see no problem with this. Tying is a rare occurrence from my experience in playing the game, so I think when the ties do happen, we definitely should have a system which rewards both of the players who got the highest score, not just one. This is a really neat idea and I am so happy that it is on the docs and I hope that this will be implemented into the game soon!

Posted Jul 28, 2020
  18. Yeah I totally don't, I've only gotten several people banned for it and seen several people doing it. It doesn't matter? ok then I guess I'll have to start stat boosting. fun!

Posted Jul 28, 2020
  19. u still dont know what it is x. u accused me of stat boosting, said u recorded + reported me, and i got rc to confirm it wasnt even boosting.

keep up the good work! :yum:

-luke (mabs biggest fan)

Posted Jul 28, 2020
    Kristo likes this.
  20. You literally just left out an entire chunk of the rules that literally refutes your own statement; "Tying games". And also, you completely missed where it is stated in the rules. It says nothing about the "aim of a game". I agree with you, if two people legitimately tie by coincidence, I wouldn't mind them both getting a win. But the fact that it enables the chance for people to stat boost unfairly is not worth the risk or the time taken to make/deal with reports with RC, who would have their time better spent elsewhere. I also do not state the "leaving games" as part of my concern in this. That obviously already can and does happen in every single game mode. I am saying that all 8 players who played will get the win because ALL OF THEM TIED. That means nobody has to do the /hub scenario and it is still allowed; essentially doing the same exact thing but to a much worse extent. By the rules, tying is stat boosting. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing in that it should/shouldn't be, but that is a literal statement that is part of Mineplex's rules. The idea of what was proposed in it's genuine manner is great and I have no problem with it. But the consequence outweighs the benefit from what I'm seeing.

Posted Jul 28, 2020