• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3902 Players Online
  • 3902 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Turf Wars player repulsion

Discussion in 'Game Alterations' started by SomeCabbage, Apr 20, 2021.

1. In Turf Wars, when the enemy steps into your turf, or when you step onto the enemy's turf, the person stepping on the opposite side get thrown back to their side. However, due to a bug where if there is a single block behind you when you are supposed to get launched, you will remain in place, and will not get launched. Since the repulsion only checks every couple seconds, this can allow players to walk onto the opposing team's side and get easy kills as soon as combat time starts. My idea is in order to prevent this from happening, either increase the frequency at which players get knocked back, as well as have them get launched up and then back, or alter the way the game deals with players on the opposing team's turf.

Posted Apr 20, 2021
  2. I'm not quite sure if this needs to be a suggestion on its own. You mentioned this is a bug, and this is not the way the game is meant to operate. Therefore, when a developer is fixing bugs or creating an update for this gamemode, they will likely create their own solution that is both easiest for them, and most relevant to the players. I appreciate these suggestions, and I'm sure something similar will be done when this bug is patched.

Posted Apr 21, 2021
  3. so ya you can use this if your close enough to the inside of the enemys base you can use this and jump into thier base and spawn kill them , i seen before alot, i also seen people use this to glitch out of map

Posted Apr 21, 2021
  4. Already proposed here

Posted Apr 22, 2021
  5. That document was created almost a year ago, and has it even been shown to anyone? I'm asking this because you haven't linked any threads or conversations that this document may have been shared through.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 22, 2021
  6. Context probably should have been provided, but that's an Arcade GI update proposal document. It would be given to devs whenever Turf Wars is given development time. You're welcome to join the discussions (currently ongoing!) about the document in the GI discord server, message Adam#4396 for an invite to the server.

Posted Apr 22, 2021
    Paladise likes this.
  7. This has nothing to do with this bug, but I love shooting someone with a bow and then running straight into that side and getting launched back to avoid enemy fire. It really aggravates people!

Posted Apr 22, 2021
  8. Yeah, that's an actual feature of the game.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 22, 2021
  9. I know, I was just saying that I thought it was fun. That is also part of the reason why 8nfiltrator socks, because you can't do that anymore.

Posted Apr 22, 2021