• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Turf Wars New Achievement Idea

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by cookiesdogsx, Mar 14, 2019 at 9:04 AM.

1. cookiesdogsx

cookiesdogsx

Hi there!
    I would like to propose a new idea for a new achievement in Turf Wars.

Name of Achievement: I haven't thought of a name yet - maybe leave me some suggestions? EDIT: Credits to Phamtastic for the name 'Greatest Survivor'.

Description of Achievement: You would achieve this achievement by winning a game of Turf Wars without being killed once. EDIT: You would also need to get 10 or more kills.

Why this would be a good idea: It is a super simple concept, however, it may be quite challenging to complete. In order to not die once, you have to play the game very safe, which means minimising the amount of kills you will get. However, in order to win a game of Turf Wars, you must get the maximum amount of kills as possible in order to help your team achieve victory. This means whilst being a simple achievement, it would be something challenging to work towards.

Thank you so much for reading - if you have any name suggestions for this achievement please say.

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 9:04 AM,
    Last edited Mar 15, 2019 at 10:15 AM
    Jaekub likes this.
  2. cookiesdogsx

cookiesdogsx

Hi there!
    Thanks for this reply, however my idea is for a new achievement, not a new achievement kit. :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 10:23 AM
  3. leo_thya

leo_thya

There are a few issues with the achievement. Instead of trying to contribute to the team, players would most likely hide in spawn and hope that their team would carry them. This could be frustrating for teammates as they’re basically down a teammate (which could be a good thing if the teammate isn’t that good anyway). I would discourage making achievements that discourages you to play the game though.

If you look at one of Cake War’s achievements, the one where you can only step on player places blocks, it discourages you to play the game as it’s very hard to play the game without touching the map. So players would usually camp at base as Builder and hope for the best.

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 10:38 AM
    Vocaloiid, Sniper and cookiesdogsx like this.
  4. KerbalBoy

KerbalBoy

leo the problem is though, you have to WIN the game to get the achievement - i.e. being the person who has the win effect once the game ends. You know, with the fireworks and celebrations and stuff. The only way you can get that is to be the best player on the winning team, so for the achievement, you need to never die WHILST being the best player in the team.

Hope I cleared that up :)
    Nice idea btw

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 1:05 PM
    cookiesdogsx likes this.
  5. cookiesdogsx

cookiesdogsx

Hi there!
    I originally meant just to be on the winning team, but I guess this could help prevent the issue that was previously brought up, so this is probably a much better idea. :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 1:07 PM,
    Last edited Mar 14, 2019 at 1:14 PM
  6. KerbalBoy

KerbalBoy

O oops xd didn't mean to steal your idea! But I do think the achievement is a good idea

:)

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 1:12 PM
    cookiesdogsx likes this.
  7. Jaekub

Jaekub

To win a game, you have to be on the winning team. When someone else's Win Effect shows up, it doesn't mean that you didn't win.

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 1:32 PM
    cookiesdogsx likes this.
  8. KerbalBoy

KerbalBoy

Ik, but i imagined that to win the achievement, you would have to actually play and get good, and be the TRUE winner. Otherwise the achievement would be really easy and kinda pointless, TBH

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 1:35 PM
    cookiesdogsx likes this.
  9. Jaekub

Jaekub

I agree with you. Maybe the achievement could give 15k Gems and be "Win a game without dying and get 10 kills" to prevent camping and not being a good teammate.

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 1:38 PM
    cookiesdogsx likes this.
  10. KerbalBoy

KerbalBoy

I'm pretty sure that there's an achievement that already requires you to have a certain number of kills, so to get the 10+ kills you mentioned would make that other achievement redundant, and that's why I think just not dying and being the true winner would stray closer to the OP's intentions. IDK though lol.

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 1:43 PM
    cookiesdogsx likes this.
  11. SmokingIsBad4U

SmokingIsBad4U

Hey!
    I actually like the idea of this, however getting the podium is just by luck, unless its not? Or most kills or something like that? Anyway, this is a good idea

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 2:00 PM
    cookiesdogsx likes this.
  12. cookiesdogsx

cookiesdogsx

Hi there!
    Thanks for the reply. I'm not actually sure whether you would get this achievement by being on the winning team or getting the podium. Both seem like they could work - I'll have to see what other people think. :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 2:03 PM
  13. KerbalBoy

KerbalBoy

When I'm playing CW with my /f squad, we nearly always win. And if they're's a rando on our team who does nothing, they NEVER get the podium. I'm 100% sure the best player gets the podium, and therefore I see no major faults in the OP's idea

BTW if you get the achievement just by being on the winning team, then people would be actively encouraged to hide and camp, ruining the game.

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 2:07 PM
  14. Zipppo

Zipppo

Heyyy!
    I really like Turf Wars and have earned all of the achievements, I'd personally like to see more added for sure.
    I can see how you'd assume it's already a thing but it actually isn't, we currently have:
    Turf Master 3000 - Win 50 games of Turf Wars
    The Shreddinator - Destroy 2000 blocks as Shredder
    Behind Enemy Lines - Stay on enemy turf for 15 seconds
    The Comeback - Win a game after having 5 or less turf
    True but if you have the majority of the team doing that you're most likely not going to win.
    I double checked this and the best player doesn't always get the podium, it's pretty random.

As for the concept itself, it may be better to add another achievement that's more interactive with the game. It's very unlikely that you'd earn it unless you camped for all/the majority of the game. It would be nice to see an achievement kill related but I appreciate your idea :)

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 2:50 PM
    cookiesdogsx likes this.
  15. KerbalBoy

KerbalBoy

Welp i just got told.
    Quoted 3 times and everything single one said I did gone goofed.

LMAO

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 2:56 PM
    Jaekub and cookiesdogsx like this.
  16. cookiesdogsx

cookiesdogsx

Hi there!
    I definitely see where you are coming from. Maybe it'd be a good idea to have a minimum amount of kills to achieve this achievement - so like maybe it could be: kill 5 people and survive the whole game?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 3:04 PM
  17. leo_thya

leo_thya

The best player doesn’t always get the podium, correct, but it depends on how you define best. The person that gets on the podium is the person/person in the team that gets the most gems. But the most gems doesn’t always mean you’re the best player.

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 3:32 PM
  18. KerbalBoy

KerbalBoy

Yeah, but then you're just delaying the problem of camping later on, and then we're back to the same place. Gl

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 3:33 PM
  19. Greetings!

At first I liked the idea, a simple achievement that most players will get without trying; Like the “getting wood” achievement in vanilla survival Minecraft. However, after reading what @leo_thya said, I could clearly see a few players hiding and not contributing to the game. It would be a good idea to add the 5 kill additionally to not dying, but I could still see players hiding and ultimately not benefiting the team.

Posted Mar 14, 2019 at 11:48 PM
  20. cookiesdogsx

cookiesdogsx

Hi there!
    In order to get this achievement, you cannot just hide as you must get at least 5 kills. It is almost impossible to just hide and let your team carry you whilst also getting five kills. :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 15, 2019 at 3:41 AM