• 2069 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2069 Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Turf Wars kits suck.

Discussion in 'Turf Wars' started by MineplexDood121, Nov 9, 2020.

1. I bought infiltrator, and thought it was really cool. I tried it and it SUX. You can barely move when you are in the enemy side. You are a sitting duck. I also bought shredder and it cost 5000 GEMS! I tried it, and it is a joke. The arrows are so weak you can barely kill anyone. Its very inaccurate too. Its barrage ability scatters the arrows so much that you cant hit anyone. USELESS!!!!!!! DO NOT BUY TURF WAR'S KITS!!!!!!!!! !!!!WASTE OF GEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Nov 9, 2020
    Paladise likes this.
  2. The issue is not that the kits themselves are bad, but you are likely not using them for their intended purpose. Infiltrator is good if you are loosing late game, and you need more space to move around. I do think it is the weakest kit though. Shredder is good for hitting multiple targets at once, and breaking enemy structures, it isn't mean to be precise like Marksman or Infiltrator.

Posted Nov 9, 2020,
    Last edited Nov 9, 2020
  3. Hey,

I can agree that Infiltrator is not the best kit. Most players use the normal Marksman kit in Turf Wars because it's just so good all-around. It has a good amount of arrows, and you focus on the main purpose of Turf Wars which is using your bow.

As for the Infiltrator kit itself, I believe it needs a buff. The slowness you gain on the enemy turf while also having the addition of needing 3 hits to kill an enemy isn't very fair. I understand that as @Young_Inventor explained, it is used to walk on more Turf if you're losing by a lot, but generally, that shouldn't be its main purpose. The Iron Sword should kill an enemy within 2 hits (or less), as currently everyone trying to sneak up on the enemies get's one shot by an enemy bow.

Overall, if I were you, I would stick with the Marksman kit until the Infiltrator kit gets a buff. I apologize that you had to spend your gems, and hopefully, it will be worth the purchase in the future.
    ~~

Posted Nov 9, 2020
    Anna ♡ likes this.
  4. Hey there!
    The topic of this thread seemed interesting to me, so I figured I would pop in to see what was being said about it.
    To be honest, I have never been much of a Turf Wars player. However, I still have a lot of fun memories with the game mode, and I have definitely given some thought to the game after playing it in Mixed Arcade so many times.

I am by no means a competitive or serious player, but I would still have to agree that Infiltrator could be better. I haven't had many games where I'm able to put the kit to good use. Sure, I might be able to sneak into enemy territory and get a kill or two, but I'm always quickly one shot afterwards. Something I thought could be interesting would be to give the kit some new properties. For example, the Iron Sword could become a 1 hit kill, and getting a kill with the sword could activate the Invisibility that the One in the Quiver achievement kit Ninja gets. Just a quick thought, but I want to see what you guys might think of it.
    Thanks! :)

Posted Nov 11, 2020
  5. Heya!

I personally believe that the default kit is the best, but I have seen competitive players use the other kits as well. They all have their individual purposes, infiltrator is best used to kill someone when there is hardly much space or when someone is very close to their line of territory. Shredder takes out the wool structures, rather than focusing on killing the enemies. The more you play, the more you'll be able to adapt to things situationally for which kit is the best in those specific circumstances :)

-n2l

Posted Nov 12, 2020
  6. Each kit has some use
    Marksman- just normal shooting and stuff , best for getting kills
    Infiltrator - small maps
    Shredder- destroying enemies cover and leaving them open to shots from other people

Posted Nov 12, 2020
    MineplexDood121 likes this.
  7. One thing you should realize is that in many games, the kit you start out with is usually the best one. For example, in bomb lobbers the jumper (or "acrobat") kit is the best kit. In TF, marksman is the best kit. In Castle siege, undead ghoul is the best kit. In many other games the kit you start out with tends to be the best.

Posted Nov 12, 2020
    Fusafez likes this.
  8. no the infiltrator is just bad I couldn't use it ever I was stuck and if I could ever use the sword why would I I can 1 tap them with the bow I'm always slow on there turf and I thought about it the best thing for the kit make the sword a 1 shot it will act as a punish class punishing overzealous players that inch to far towards you territory also the slowness make it take longer for it to kick in I just get 1 hit off then I cant do anything the sword is just bad it cant do anything with it they will run away cuz 1 hart will work the same as 10 it doesn't do anything well or better then any other class the other classes are fine and are balanced for what they do but I think that the sword should be a 1 shot and the slowness should reset after a kill so it would work as a chain killer.

Posted Nov 21, 2020
  9. Hey! I definitely agree that Turf Wars could have better kits. I bought all of them and I only use shredder to complete the achievement and infiltrator is just plain awful. Easy to counter and impossible to be successful while using. I think that if Mineplex didn't want to add new kits, I believe they could make the following adjustments to the current kits.
    Infiltrator: Remove slowness when in enemy territory! Give a better sword.
    Shredder: Increase arrow damage

Posted Nov 22, 2020
  10. Hey, I agree that some of the kits need to be buffed in TF, although the gem cost really isn't much. Infiltrator could do more damage maybe, as well as Shredder, which would be a nice change to see to prevent every good player from only queuing as a Marksman. Thanks for the idea, hope to see this change implemented :)

Posted Nov 23, 2020
    Fusafez likes this.
  11. Kind of, but not really. The role of the marksman is... to be a marksman. The marksman kit allows players to effectively "snipe" other players and kill them in one shot. It is best for getting kills because of the one-shot potential of the arrows and the rate at which you get said arrows.

Infiltrator is completely useless, even on smaller maps. Thanks to the rule committee allowing border crossing (crossing the border and negating the bounce back through blocks), the only role of Infiltrator is rendered useless. Anything an Infiltrator can do, a border-crossing marksman can do with far more efficiency. One-shot with a bow at close range is a better alternative to three-shots with an iron sword that knocks back the person you're hitting.

Shredder has the ability to shred forts... with as much efficiency as killing someone with a shotgun while standing five miles away. The angles of the arrows from a Shredder make it unfit for anything but slapping wool out of the enemy turf. This seems like it would fit in with the Shredder's description, but the downsides to this kit make it tedious to play at best.

Posted Dec 4, 2020 at 5:19 AM
  12. I remember buying shredder thinking it was a better marksman, boy was I wrong LMAO

Posted Dec 4, 2020 at 9:54 AM
  13. Hey! I play turf wars frequently, so I thought I’d share my opinion. First of all, I agree with you that infiltrator is a bit difficult to get used to and master. However, I have played with people who are actually very good at using it. It all depends on what you’re best at and the amount of time you’re willing to put in at mastering a certain kit. For this reason, I don’t feel comfortable saying any particular kit is bad, but I do understand your frustration.

Posted Dec 4, 2020 at 11:07 AM
  14. exactly that why I ask the mineplex wiki before wasting my gems on useless kits; however the devs take time to make that kit therefore appreciate what you have.

Posted Dec 4, 2020 at 11:10 AM
  15. The other two kits are mostly team kits. With that said, if you gathered an organized team and decided that, say, 4 people would be marksmen, 2 would be infiltrators and 2 would be shredders, the enemy players would not be able to make any defending structures and would leave them exposed to marksman arrows from their own defences as well as infiltrator attacks that would be more and more effective as the enemy loses turf. However, most of the time there isn't an organized tactic such as this one, and marksman is most of the time the default option. One thing to note is that using barrage has a fairly low skill cap, which means getting less skilled players to use it makes them more useful than when they are using the marksman kit.

I'm still confused as to why this is allowed in the first place. Is there a statement from the RC that I can read somewhere on this?

Posted Dec 4, 2020 at 3:09 PM
  16. Sometimes the infiltrator can be disruptive since it stops when it loses health, but it is Over-powering considered that it holds an Iron sword.

Marksman is way too OP in my opinion considering it's mostly a one to two-shot
    per snipe. The marksman kit does refill arrows absurdly which is catastrophic in my opinion.

Posted Dec 4, 2020 at 3:43 PM