• 1249 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 10847 Players Online
  • 9598 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Turf Wars Achievement Kit

Discussion in 'New Kit Discussion' started by Doublehook22, Oct 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. An achievement kit for turf wars.
    Kit name: Builder
    Abilities:
    - Can shoot an explosive shot (maybe 30 seconds cool down)
    - Has a tool which can auto build a structure (say a 3x3x3 box), costing a certain amount of your blocks (say 27) (10 second cool down)

Posted Oct 13, 2020
    aiirr and StyxKiller03 like this.
  2. Hey!
    I see from your profile that you're a java main, so I can't say much there, but from a Bedrock perspective I like this idea. Maybe instead of a separate kit it could be added to shredder, which already has a multi-shot perk. As for the auto-build, I'm unsure about the coding behind it and everything, but it sounds like a cool idea! +1 from me.

Posted Oct 13, 2020
  3. Hello!

I can see the general idea for this kit but I don't believe that it will be even remotely useful when compared to the viability of marksman or even infiltrator. You can effectively build the same thing without the kit during your build time, even if the cost of the ability were to be removed. The explosive arrow is kind of cool but the barrage from The Shredder already fulfills a similar purpose of a non OHKO, AoE type of arrow. I think that the kits for TF are more or less in a fine position as is.

(edit: missing words, word choice)

Posted Oct 13, 2020,
    Last edited Oct 14, 2020
    aiirr likes this.
  4. Hey! Turf Wars is one of my favorite games and has been a game that I've played for several years. There's always been talk about an achievement kit for Turf Wars but there really hasn't ever been an idea that has stuck. There was talk within the Turf Wars Competitive community at one point in which people came together to propose ideas for a possible achievement kit (or Shredder alterations) with GI, though I'm not entirely sure how that turned out. Turf Wars is an extremely simplistic game-mode and I think that is why it's so hard to figure out an achievement kit idea that doesn't change the overall gameplay of Turf Wars.

As for your idea itself, I've seen both abilities mentioned at some point but I've not seen them put together under the same idea. I've actually always been a fan of the automatic structure idea and I think something like that would be really fun, yet wouldn't be considered an overpowered achievement kit. With that said though, I don't think it really adds any benefit to the game itself and would most likely be an 'underdog' type of kit similar to Shredder which is only really ever used for the achievement. Though I think some additions could be made to this idea alone which could make it more viable for the game.

There also was a pretty decent conversation within the competitive community about altering the Shredder kit in which one of the suggestions was -- "Remove barrage and add an explosive arrow: Arrows are a 2 shot kill, and you receive an explosive every 20 seconds (max 2). Drop your bow to charge an explosive arrow, which breaks wool blocks in a 2 block radius, with no damage dealt to any players" -- Which is very similar to your ability suggestion. As far as I know it was denied for the fact that it still didn't really benefit Shredder and was a little redundant due to the reason stated by @nico as an achievement kit.

I really enjoy Turf Wars and would love to see an achievement kit implemented as well, I think just with how simple the game itself is and how heavily reliant players are on Marksman, it's really hard to come up with ideas that balance out those issues without creating something that changes the game as a whole or relies too heavily on nerfing Marksman. I would like to see some more suggestions under this to maybe give some better detail or alterations that could help accommodate the reasonings I mentioned above.

Posted Oct 13, 2020
    nico and Doublehook22 like this.
  5. Hey! For the time being, this idea is Not Planned.
    • You often don't need a 3x3x3 block of wool for protection, since you can protect yourself a lot more efficiently by hand-placing the blocks. This way, you don't waste wool.
    • Often times you don't even have 27 blocks to use this ability. It is extremely resource intensive and you won't get to benefit off of the ability that much.
    • We've discussed explosive arrows in the past, and have even done several polls on them. Although it was pretty split, the majority decided that explosive arrows would not be a good addition to the game.
    • We have plans to buff shredder instead of adding any explosive type kit. This is due to the fact that shredder and an explosive arrow are extremely similar, we decided to only stick with one idea.
    Thanks for posting! If you're interested in seeing our plans for Turf Wars, you can check out this doc.

Not Planned >> Denied by Game Insights

Posted Oct 17, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.