• 278 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2857 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Treasure Chests deserve more!

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Pombo, Dec 4, 2019.

?

+1 | -1

1. +1

2. -1

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. This thread is kind of adding up to TILGORN's thread here.

As good as this sounds, a Treasure Chest should give duplicates regardless of what type it is.
    But I do think that boosting the rewards you get in exchange for duplicate items would be great.

I have recently stumbled upon this:
    [​IMG]

Which I think by itself is a great addition to warn players before valuable Shards are spent on unnecessary items.

-=- Main Points covered in this thread -=-

- Another thing that could be a nice addition is if we can get a preview of what a special holiday/event Treasure Chest can contain before opening it so we can judge the quality of it beforehand and select the best that suits us.

- Maybe special Treasure Chest hours where players can get discounted Treasure Chests for a lower Shard price?

- Something I think a lot of players would like is to be able to open all owned Treasure Chests of a type at once, this could save up time and really, just ease up the process of having to go through numerous amounts of owned Treasure Chests. (could be a great rank perk)

- You aren't alone if you have lagged out during Treasure Chest opening and then going through the Cosmetic Menu to find out what you got, so another useful addition would be notifying the player of what they got from their Treasure Chest because of the kick, again, rules out any confusion.

Overall, I do think Treasure Chests deserve much more attention and should be given a refresh once every few years.

Thoughts? Reply down below or vote on the poll!

Have a great day!

Posted Dec 4, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 5, 2019
    Lousy101 likes this.
  2. Hello,

I have recently replied TILGON's thread and you first main idea is what I suggested in my comment to be added to the overall idea. With your other ideas, I reckon it'll be awesome to implement these ideas you've suggested. Players would definitely love being able to open chests all at once as it could help open up a bulk amount of chests at one time, as you've stated it could save lots of time for players especially donators. It would be nice to have it as a rank perk but I think it should just be available for everyone to make it more convenient for everyone. With your second idea, it could be cool if there were 1-2h discounts during the day that happen at a random time where chests are discounted between 15-60%.

I suggest you go back to his thread and check out my reply as I've added on more information that you've stated on this thread and what was on TILGON's thread. I love your suggestion additions!

I'll leave this as a +1.

Happy suggesting,
    BlackConfig.

Posted Dec 5, 2019
  3. Yes there should be more loot in my treasure chest! But no sooner did I click on it did I realise my gold remained in the chest!

I then closed the chest and there were four more and three stacks of assorted loot, no more loot, no more chests.

It was as if the entire game had crashed in my pants, the whole area was full of new loot, multiple times throughout the game the game would completely halt its clockwork cycle and I would have to restart at random times to actually find the boxes I had been promised. Every time I was close

Posted Dec 5, 2019
  4. I think this a great QoL change. Perhaps shift-clicking on the chest in the GUI would show a list of available cosmetics. It could also show you which ones you've already received in that bundle (through colour coding of green = received and red = haven't received) so it's just easier to tell if you want to buy another one if you're not buying them in bulk.

I also agree with this idea, as long as it doesn't occur too often. This could be similar to double exp weekends where chests are half price. Too often though, and they would lose their value. However, since they sell chests on the shop, this might be a bad idea as they could lose some profits if people can get them cheap with shards.

This has previously been denied by production so I doubt this will happen.

Again, I think this is a simple QoL change, even if you don't disconnect and have just opened a lot of chests in succession. They could perhaps be glowing in some way in the cosmetic GUI (though in a way to not clash with the enchanted gleam that cosmetics get when you are currently using them) and could say "New!" when you hover over them.

Posted Dec 5, 2019