• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Trash Chests

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by SkarmMines, Feb 21, 2019.

1. SkarmMines

SkarmMines

This is kind of a simple idea and nothing too big, but I'm the type of person who doesn't like having a big cluster. With that being said, every time I go and look at my chests and see I have over 100 to open it kind of bothers me. I wish there was an option to delete or 'trash' the chests I don't want [specifically Old & Ancient] because I don't want to have to sit through opening each and every one just so it gets rid of the notification.

EDIT: @Sealiouslyy mentioned a great alternative which allows you to choose if you want to have a mass opening of a specific type of chest, that way you are still able to get the items/cosmetics out of it and not completely throw it away.

Posted Feb 21, 2019,
    Last edited Feb 21, 2019
  2. P_U_R_P_L_E

P_U_R_P_L_E

I think this is a great idea because personally I have a lot of old chests and it would be great if I could just get rid of them. This way I don't have that notification and I don't get confused if there are any good chests to open or if all of the chests I have to open are just old chests.

Posted Feb 21, 2019
  3. Sealiouslyy

Sealiouslyy

I'm not really sure what I think of the idea of players basically throwing their well earned chests away. I guess it's a players prerogative but it just defeats the purpose of having them in the first place. The main issue you bring up as a reasoning behind your suggestion is that you don't want to have to open them individually, personally I think something like a mass open feature would be a better solution to this instead. It would solve your issue and you would still get the cosmetics/items out of the chests without much hassle (even if they don't mean that much to you).

Posted Feb 21, 2019
    P_U_R_P_L_E and SkarmMines like this.
  4. SkarmMines

SkarmMines

I didn't think of this, and honestly, I feel like that would be a good alternative as it doesn't completely throw them away but also gets rid of the chests you don't want to keep.

If this were to work, would it open every chest you own or would you be able to select and choose?

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 21, 2019
  5. Sealiouslyy

Sealiouslyy

When the idea first popped up in my head, players would mass open by chest type. For example, player1 has 87 old chests but also has 46 ancient chests. They enable the feature and click on the old chests, it then only mass opens every old chest they have on their account; though I understand that it might not be considered efficient this way. If the idea was to be considered/implemented, I don't see why it couldn't allow players to choose more than one chest type to mass open at a time?

The only other issue I can think of is that some players would probably still want to see what items/cosmetics they got out of the chests. Any ideas on how that could be viewed?

Posted Feb 21, 2019
  6. SkarmMines

SkarmMines

Possibly something could appear in chat (only shown to you so it doesn't spam public) that tells you what you got out of it. For example:

You were awarded with:
    x Fireworks
    x TnT
    x Ethereal Pearls

or

Click to see your mass [type] chest opening rewards!

(where you would click and then it would possibly open up a GUI? Or if that's too much work, you could click and only then the rewards would pop up in chat in the format I provided above)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 21, 2019,
    Last edited Feb 21, 2019
    Sealiouslyy likes this.
  7. Vocaloiid

Vocaloiid

@Sealiouslyy and to Skarm: Marketing denied mass opening of chests as opening chests incentivizes others around you to buy them.

Posted Feb 21, 2019
    SkarmMines and Sealiouslyy like this.
  8. SkarmMines

SkarmMines

Understandable. That means it's even less likely to get some sort of trash for them too I assume.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 21, 2019
  9. GallantArc

GallantArc

I had the same idea and I totally agree with what has been started above
    Hope it gets implemented :)

Posted Feb 21, 2019
  10. P_U_R_P_L_E

P_U_R_P_L_E

Maybe in a mass opening the process could be sped up. Like maybe chests are automatically chosen for you all at once so 4 chests are opened at a time.

Posted Feb 21, 2019
  11. Greetings!

Wow, I wish I had as many chats as you haha! But I agree that there should be a mass open feature.

Posted Feb 21, 2019
  12. Phamtastic

Phamtastic

Hey there, SkarmMines!

I am pretty fair of this idea because players can able to delete some of the chests that they do not really need to open. However, I do not think that is not that big of the deal, but that is still a good feature that you have. I like the idea that Sealiouslyy said that the players can able to open massive old chests, but that will give the Developer's taking their time to create a new chest system. Overall, this idea looks okay that you have, so keep up the great work!

Posted Feb 22, 2019
  13. xUmbreon

xUmbreon

Hmm, pretty interesting idea. I wouldn't be opposed to this idea if it were implemented, since I too have over 100 chests that need to be opened. On the other hand, I don't think that the current situation really is a big deal. Having a bunch of chests doesn't affect gameplay at all, and I'm sure not a lot of people are really bothered by it. However, I do see your point in that there really isn't a point to keep all these chests that you don't want to open. Especially with lots of Old Chests that probably won't give you anything, I do agree that it can be a bit annoying. Overall, I think that this idea is pretty good, it just isn't necessary at the moment. I wouldn't be opposed to it if it were added, though.

Posted Feb 22, 2019
    SkarmMines likes this.
  14. ClassN

ClassN

I've always thought mass-chest-opening would make a nice Eternal perk.

Posted Feb 22, 2019
    SkarmMines likes this.
  15. NothinButNet36

NothinButNet36

Maybe do the opposite and do a quick redeem/reveal all on the chests for a future update so that things go fast. Those are my thoughts

Posted Feb 22, 2019
  16. leo_thya

leo_thya

The chests themselves already disincentivizes players from buying them because of their high dupe rate and horrible drops lol.

Posted Feb 22, 2019
  17. Snowwii

Snowwii

lol I'm happy to get an old chest from game rewards

Posted Feb 22, 2019
  18. Vocaloiid

Vocaloiid

If it was my choice I'd like it to be opened in bulk /shrug

Posted Feb 22, 2019
  19. Unfavorited

Unfavorited

I see what you mean. I have 45 old chests to open and honestly can't be bothered to sit there and open them considering that It most likely won't be worth it. Having a trash system could be really cool and would probably make players happy but I don't ever see production doing something like this in my opinion.

Nice idea!

Posted Feb 24, 2019
  20. Ender Rivka

Ender Rivka

What I think would be even better is if you could open multiple chests at a time, and it will just tell you similarly to what @SkarmMines said.

Posted Feb 24, 2019