• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6947 Players Online
  • 4057 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Official [Translations Team] Updates

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Tobias, Sep 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [​IMG]
    Hello Mineplexians. This thread contains all updates from the Translations Team posted by the Translation Managers. If you have yet to read the main thread, please visit it here and read it through with care.

All updates made about the information in the main thread will be reflected in the latter immediately.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
    [​IMG]

Posted Sep 12, 2018,
    Last edited May 17, 2020

2. Posted May 18, 2019

Howdy! Time for a quick update.

First of all, I want to congratulate all the members that have joined the team since September. We are glad to have you on board! As some of you may already know, @Dudeguy resigned from the team a couple weeks ago. Thank you for all your hard work. We are going to miss you :(

After Dudeguy resigned, we decided to recruit another management member. With that being said, congrats to @Tobias on joining the Management team!

We are currently looking for translators for the following languages:

Croatian
    Japanese
    Portuguese (EU)
    Russian
    Spanish

If you or anyone you know is interested in applying, please do so here! If you have any questions about the team, feel free to message me or Tobias. Good luck!

Posted May 18, 2019
    Dudeguy, FabianTuck, Kisme and 6 others like this.
  3. Heyo!

I just wanted to drop my five cents here as well. As you can probably tell already, my name is Tobias and I am the new manager for the translations team. I am so happy to be a part of this amazing team, and I have absolutely no regret having stayed here for about two and a half years now, woop woop.

If you are able to speak any of the languages above, I would highly recommend applying for the team. We value a good team effort, we appreciate hard work, but we definitely also have time for banter (we uh, may overdo the latter but it's mega fun, come join please.
    please).

One of the things I value the most is the diversity between our members. Have you ever sincerely felt the need to express your inner appreciation for a specific type of food related to your country? I am not saying that we discuss food on a daily basis... But I would say that we are pretty good at finding a spot for food themes, no matter what!

Even if you are not completely fluent in the languages, I would still highly encourage you to apply. We always review applicants on a case-to-case basis, and if we feel like you have got it in you, we will do our best to catch you in our fishing net!

Are you our next member/tour guide? What are you waiting for?!

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
    [​IMG]

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 18, 2019,
    Last edited May 17, 2020
    Shipsa, Evence, Look_Dan and 3 others like this.
  4. Posted Sep 13, 2019

Hola everyone!

This is a quick announcement to let everyone know that applications are temporarily closed. We are changing a few things about the application process, so stay tuned for more information!

Posted Sep 13, 2019
    Nicodami, Tobias and Hxmza like this.
  5. Posted 9/30/19
    Coming at you with a HUGE update!

New Languages!!?
    You asked and we listened! That’s right, we’ve added two new languages to the team: Korean and Turkish! We’re really excited to expand our team and make the server accessible for even more players. Although we were not able to add every language that we’ve seen recommended on the forums, DMs, and polls, that doesn’t mean they are off the table for a future update.

New Application Process
    We have decided to modify our application process! From now on, applications for all languages will always be open! That being said, we will still only be accepting new members when a Proofreader requests a new member for their language. Please read the main post on this thread for more information.

Scouts!
    After careful consideration, we have decided to introduce a revamped version of the scouts department. The scouts are our “quality assurance” team whose primary job lies within testing out various parts of the network to ensure everything has been translated. You do NOT need to know another language to apply for Scout, but if you do that’s awesome! We are looking for applicants that have a good eye for spotting mistakes and are active on our Bedrock server.

Oh, and happy International Translation Day!

Update - 10/6/19
    Thank you to everyone who submitted an application for Translator and Scout this week! We're so happy that so many of you are interested in joining the team. We want to give a very special congratulations to the very first batch of Scouts:

@Cheezeburgerfan
    @Lila
    @TeaSpiller

We'd also like to congratulate @Korca on becoming the Korean proofreader!

Congrats [​IMG]

--

Don't forget that there are still open spots for the following languages:
    French (CA)
    Japanese
    Korean
    Polish
    Portuguese
    Russian
    Spanish
    Turkish

Have a spooky week!
    [​IMG]

Posted Oct 6, 2019
  6. 12/08/2019

G'day fellas. Time for a big announcement from us here at TT Headquarters :mineplex:

As some of you may have read by the announcement on Discord, we were finally given the opportunity to begin translating this website - Wohooo! With that, we were also advertising our always-open applications, and it seemed like the announcement helped, as we have received a great bunch of applications for a great variety of our supported languages, and I am looking so much forward to reading and reviewing them all.

We are already deep into the works with this website (and the memes that we have created are ten out of ten bagels, I must admit) and you will see results in no time! Stay tuned :)

Sadly, Florence has decided to step down from all of her Mineplex duties, including her position as the TT Lead. I would like to express my deepest thanks for having her as a team lead. She did a terrific job whilst being a part of this team, and she is one of the primary reasons as to why the team structure is as great as it is right now.
    On behalf of everyone on TT, thank you so much, we wish you nothing but the best.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
    [​IMG]

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 8, 2019,
    Last edited Apr 14, 2020
  7. 12/27/2020

Howdyey everyone! Time for another update from TT Headquarters~

First of all, I now act as the (lead) manager of the translations team, meaning I will be the one editing the application, processing your apps, applying TT tags and so on. I am so happy that I was given this opportunity, and I will do all it takes to keep this team blooming. :D

Secondly, translation of the website has begun for all of our languages, and I cannot describe how excited I am about that. On top of that, we also included Arabic as one of our supported languages and has been added to the application form. Please welcome @Hxmza/THELichCA as our proofreader for Arabic!

We also recruited three members, @Garodueng (Korean), @Offline (Spanish) & @Danilo (Portuguese BR).

✼ 。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。° ✼
    As you may know, we are always looking for new members to expand our team. If you know at least one language besides English and you are up for a challenge, I would suggest reading this thread and apply apply apply! Please note that (and this is an unfortunate tendency I have had to observe throughout the past couple of weeks) that should you be moved on to the application stage, you must fill out your test within one week, otherwise we cannot accept you!

I will be looking forward to reading your next application.

✼ 。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。°。° ✼
    Psst.
    We are especially looking for applicants for the following languages :

- Arabic
    - Danish
    - Finnish
    - Korean

Bye for now!

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
    [​IMG]

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Dec 27, 2019,
    Last edited Apr 14, 2020
    Truthhs, Mathuu, Sven and 6 others like this.
  8. 01/14/2020
    Hello everybody, I hope you have all had the best holidays ever! :mineplex:

Management is back again with some new information regarding the application process for the Translations Team. We have added this to the original post as well, but we feel that it is important to address this here for everyone to see:

"Please also keep in mind that, should the whitelist have a certain amount of potential candidates, we cannot guarantee a spot on the whitelist, even if your application meets or exceeds our requirements."

Sadly, due to the great amount of applications and our limited spots, we have had to reject some applications from potential candidates even if they would be a great fit for the team. Of course, this will not be the case at all times, but you must be aware that this is a possibility. Do not let this discourage you from applying however, as we keep track of all applicants and their application history. Who knows, maybe we will reach out to you at some point should we be in need of new members?

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
    [​IMG]

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 14, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 20, 2020
    Mathuu, Nicodami, Klobby and 2 others like this.
  9. 01/15/2020

We have been made aware that Mineplex Bedrock is facing some issues with certain buttons not working when using different languages on the network. This is not the case for all languages however, it is still a deal-breaker.

The issue was forwarded to QA some time ago, but we cannot give you an ETA for when a fix will be uploaded.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
    [​IMG]

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 15, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 14, 2020
    Cardyceps likes this.
  10. 02/15/2020
    Once again, you will be blessed with news from the TT headquaters! We have got a lot to cover this time around, so please read it all with care.

[​IMG]

NEW MANAGERS!
    First of all, please join me in congratulating @Spoertt and @MiningCreeper on being selected as the two new translations managers. I am looking very much forward to be working alongside them!

Arabic, Korean and…. Turkish!?!
    As you all know, two of the most recent languages that were added were Korean and Arabic. However, with the help of @NotEnder™, we have finally started running our Turkish-divison! We are so excited about having all of these languages up and running.

How do we do it, you ask? It is simple - we don't! Not without you, at least. All of our languages need your help; if you know any of our supported languages, please read the main thread for more information regarding the application process as well as the link to the application. We are always looking forward to reading new applications. Let the feast beg- we mean, good luck. Obviously.

We are run by nothing but the hard work of community members, and we need all the help we can get, so do not let yourself be held back by anything. We really do appreciate every single application that finds its way into our inbox. Try us, we will not bite that hard.

Proofreader switzzzcheroos…
    On a slightly different note, there has also been a lot of internal changes within the team that can be addressed here. Throughout the past month, four proofreaders have decided to step down from their positions. We cannot thank Sapy, Tweatzy, Voca & Wolfy enough for their hard work and dedication towards the team. We wish them nothing but the best!

When ol' folks descend however, new ones must arise! As a result of that, we have picked five new proofreaders. Please congratulate them all:

- @xejla (Croatian)
    - @Nicodami (French)
    - @GeniusZeBold (Canadian French)
    - @belladonnaa (Romanian)
    - @Dillionia (Spanish)

As always, remember to read through this document for information regarding the team members as well as what languages are in need of new comrades! On behalf of management, may you have a fantastic day.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
    [​IMG]

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 15, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 20, 2020
    Mathuu, xSalted, xGetRekted and 9 others like this.
  11. Heya!

Since I’m one of the new managers I want to shortly introduce myself. My name is Spoertt and I’ve been a member of the Translations Team for almost three and a half years now, first as a Dutch translator and later as its proofreader.
    I really love being part of this team as it’s full of amazing people who do great work. So, if you speak a language that we translate, you should definitely consider applying! I’m looking forward to reading all of your apps! ;)

Posted Feb 17, 2020
  12. 04/01/2020

Hai guys ‘en girls. It is time for another update from the Mineplex translations team. Do not fret, we are only here to bring good, yet very important news.

After having countless conversations with LT, several hours of negotiation with Dean as well as having to bribe the local cat-lady, Mineplex Translations Team is now open for applications for the renowned lingua franca, also know as LOLCAT. If you want to contribute to the project, tap that magic link www.mineplex.com/translations and we will get back to you whenever we feel like it!
    I have also taken the liberty of adding said language as one of the recruiting languages here since it needs all of the attention that it can get.
    Look at me, I am Sandra Dee. These are words of the link, click it.

Please apply, we need new members. Management is running out of life force to drain. Join our circle now - we guarantee that you do not want to miss this opportunity in life. :sigils:

thank u so mutch in advanec, it meanz lot, Srsly . Enjoy teh rest ov ur dai.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
    [​IMG]

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 1, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 14, 2020
    Party, BaconAnEggs, Mathuu and 13 others like this.
  13. 04/02/2020

G’day fellow Mineplexians!

I must admit, I do not really remember much from what happened yesterday - I must have eaten some bad chocolate I received from a guy in a bunny suit, but I am back and at good health.

I received an envelope with the title “LOLCat” at my desk this morning, and I only had to review the top of its contents before I decided to ship it to Abu Dhabi by the foot of a seagull, never to be remembered by anyone. Anyone. I have returned the TT application to its original state, and everything should be normal, I hope. My condolences to those of you who were rickrolled in the process.
    Back to business!

[​IMG]
    The translation of the website commenced on December 8, 2019. Since then, the members of TT have spent tons of hours deciphering the cryptic language of website developers, but it seems that we have finally cracked the code. As of last week, 20% of the website has now been translated, and we expect to see an increase by 5% every fifth week from today whilst working on picking up the pace in the process.

With this, Wanderer has enabled the language-switcheroo in your account settings. To change your language, go to https://www.mineplex.com/account/preferences and select your wanted language. Remember to save your changes!
    We have already caught a lot of errors (noticeably with Turkish), but we are working on that. For now, you should be able to view translations in the BBCode Help, Groups, Event Calendar, Account Settings & Conversation areas of the website.

Please take note that the website translations is still in ALPHA. If you happen to encounter any errors whilst using the language feature, please message any TT manager with evidence and possible links to the area of the network you found the issues in. Thank you for helping us out!

As a translations team, we are entirely based on voluntary help, and we love it! Each member on our team has an inner passion for making Mineplex friendly to all languages and cultures, but we cannot do it without your help. Management is always on the lookout for new applications - who knows, maybe you will be the next pastry chef in our bakery? If your interest has been piqued, please check out the original post found here for more information regarding the application process.

Remember that you can always check out this document for information regarding our members and the languages in need of members! On behalf of management, may you all have an amazing day whilst recovering from yesterday’s turmoil.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
    [​IMG]

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 2, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 14, 2020
    Tours, Wiz2K, Nicodami and 9 others like this.
  14. 04/03/2020

Guten Tag alle zusammen!

I am here with a small update (since yesterday) - we are always working!

Added Disclaimer (to the top of the thread)

Disclaimer: At this point in time, the Bedrock Translations Project has been put on hold. We are now aiming our full attention at the website.

Scout Requirements have been reworked
    As a result of the Bedrock project being put on hold, it is no longer a requirement to have and use a Bedrock Account frequently in order to apply for the Scout position. Instead, due to some internal changes to the Scout position, you must be an experienced & avid website user. You must know your way around the website in order to be properly considered for the position.

Remember that you can always check out this document for information regarding our members and the languages in need of members! On behalf of management, I wish you all a delightful Friday. Fetch your candy and watch your favorite movie, you deserve it!

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
    [​IMG]

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 3, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 15, 2020
    Nicodami, Lila, FabianTuck and 4 others like this.
  15. 04/20/2020

Management is here to bring you some typographically immense, juicy news!

Reworked the entire Translations Team forum system
    Until now, the Translations Team relied on one forum thread to distribute all of our information around the Mineplex network. Instead of keeping everything in one place, we have separated our main thread into two, creating one with the sole purpose of enlightening players about TT, and keeping our update thread for updates only. Additionally, we have created the following threads:

FAQ contains all of the information within the previous FAQ spoiler in the Information thread.

Application Process elaborates on how Management processes applications and what to take into account when you have a pending application.

Application Guide is our way of giving you guys some guidelines for writing a proper application. Even though we like to keep our app questions a bit vague, we reckoned that giving our thoughts on the application and what we want to see in potential candidates would help kickstart the process for some applicants. Wasted potential is not to be underestimated, and we acknowledge that.

Being limited to only one thread was really troublesome and drastically decreased the readability as more information was cramped in there. We are a team in constant development, and we hope this reflects just that. We think this overhaul was long due, and we are happy to finally release it to you. Enjoy!

Languages in need of help!

Due to unfortunate circumstances, we have had to part ways with our proofreaders @Hxmza and @Korca for Arabic and Korean respectively - we wish them nothing but the best and thank them for their stay on the team. With this, we currently have no way of supporting any of those two languages which means that they have been put on hold for now. We have saved all of their progress and will keep it safe until new members are able to take the lead. With that, we are currently looking for new members for the following languages:

Arabic
    Brazilian Portuguese
    Finnish
    French
    German
    Japanese
    Korean
    Romanian
    Swedish
    Turkish
    - As stated in the main thread, applications are always open for all languages, so feel free to apply no matter what language(s) you speak! We are always looking for new additions to our team.

Until next time, take care!

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
    [​IMG]

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 20, 2020,
    Last edited Apr 25, 2020
    Sailings, ItsFree, Macy and 3 others like this.
  16. 05/21/2020

It has been about a month again, and we are back with an update!

Website Translation Status
    At this point in time, the translations team has translated about 25% of the website, and the curve is increasing steadily. Our members are doing a fanastic job if we must say so ourselves. We are very pleased with the progress so far, and we are looking forward to whatever the future may bring.

When we are not translating or lying in a puddle of tears from exam stress, we attend TT-hosted events where eternal memes are created. For anyone wondering, it is now an unspoken rule that all Skribbl drawings must start off with a field, a fence and some clouds - no matter the theme of the drawing.

New language teams?!
    On a perhaps more important note, Management has noticed an increasing interest in the languages Czech & Farsi, and we are beyond excited for that!

In order to start up a language team from scratch, we have decided that the language must have at least three potential applicants.
    In the past, we noticed how the workload for a team of only one or two members can be incredibly demotivating and stressful, and that is far from our goal with this team. Therefore, we felt that having a requirement of at least three members to start off with was a fair prerequisite in order to start up a team on the best terms.

Are you sitting here, reading this and thinking "But I already speak Farsi..." ?, then head over to this thread by @Dacuments - they would love to hear from you.

On a last note - If you are interested in applying for a language that is not found on our roster here, you are more than welcome to message @MiningCreeper, @Spoertt or myself @Tobias, and we will have a talk about the possibilities. We are interested in covering as many languages as possible, so we will do whatever we can to make the opening of a new language team possible! Additionally, we are on the lookout for new Arabic, German, Korean, Romanian, Swedish & Turkish translators. Do not hesitate with submitting an application :-)

As always, we will continue with our work and return to you once we have more news. Auf wiedersehen!

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────
    [​IMG]

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 21, 2020,
    Last edited Jun 3, 2020
    Laylq, PROSTONE, V3riity and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.