• 1711 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4290 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Translations Team: New Language Suggestions

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Vocaloiid, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Mineplex translations tend to be focused with western countries in mind instead of non western countries that have larger populations and need translations more.

Posted Nov 16, 2019
  2. Tend to? Could you please elaborate? I'm having a hard time finding a spot for tendencies like the one you just mentioned within our team.

That being said, we translate Chinese, Croatian, Japanese, Korean, Romanian, Russian and Turkish (soontm). We're constantly working on expanding our repertoire when it comes to supported languages, and I think that the mentioned languages convey this quite well.

Posted Nov 17, 2019
  3. The idea of translating Mineplex to Arabic is nice, but I have seen a bug that happens if you play survival mode on languages that are not English or English dialect. I was playing with Russian language and I couldn't tp to my home, I was stuck on a claimed island in desert for about a week before I figured out how to tp(I switched Russian to English and that is when I finally could go back home)

Posted Nov 17, 2019
    Tobias likes this.
  4. Hello!

I think that adding more languages to translate is a great idea. In my opinion, I believe, as time goes forward, more and more players with a different variety of languages will apply for the Translations Team. Saying this, I believe that different languages will be given towards the team to translate, over time. I have found the Translations Team very interesting. However, I do not have a secondary language, yet. I am currently in my second year in Spanish. Although, it is always hard to learn a new language. I plan to take five years in it to become somewhat fluent in the language. This being said I would love to join the Translation team one day. However, now is not that time to join. This all being stated I give this idea a +1!

Posted Nov 17, 2019
  5. This is wrong, as there are plenty of Asian countries involved in the translation team. I'd say unless you have current experience on the team, it is a little silly to make generalized statements based on nothing but pure speculation. :) Have a nice day!

Posted Nov 22, 2019
  6. A couple of East Asian countries isn't "plenty" of Asian countries

Posted Nov 22, 2019
  7. Considering the fact Minecraft isn't wildly popular in Asia, not nearly as popular as esports games like Overwatch, DOTA, Fortnite, PUBG, CS:GO, (the list goes on), I'd say having a strong Chinese and Japanese team, with teams started in both Korean and Turkic languages is a good basis. If there was more of a need for translations in the other Asian countries I'm sure the translation team would have opened up for these languages. Minecraft is way more popular in the western countries where you seem to complain about there being a focus of languages. Maybe try being more positive about what we do offer.

Posted Nov 23, 2019
    Tobias likes this.
  8. The reason there is not much demand is because mineplex blocks all non English letters, how is a guy from Japan or Iran supposed to communicate? Other servers have a larger amount of non western players

Posted Nov 23, 2019
  9. The Translations Team translates the Bedrock platform; not Java. Bedrock does allow players to send non-English characters in chat; however I would agree that implementing that on Java should perhaps be considered in the future. Might I remind you that Translations Team has absolutely no control over that; languages for which their is demand may have divisions organized. Translators & Proofreaders translate languages that are necessary to translate; there isn’t any ‘’bias’’ for certain regions, just the level of demand present. The purpose of the team is to sustain and / or expand the non-native English speaking playerbase, yes, but that is done by translating a variety of commonly-spoken languages, not by other means such as sending messages in other languages (to reiterate, that can be done on Bedrock).

Regardless of your stance on supporting more Asian languages, it is entirely more productive to directly suggest them as opposed to not listing specific potential languages, like right now. If you have any languages in mind, feel free to post them on this thread and I’m sure the respective members will share feedback on the possibility of its translation. Despite the fact that China is a singular country, offering Cantonese AND Mandarin covers an abundance of people (20% of people on Earth reside in China). With that example noted, it might be helpful for you while researching potential languages to offer. Additionally, there are currently 0 Turkish translators and 1 Korean translator - remember that we need members to fill the positions, too!

Posted Nov 23, 2019,
    Last edited Dec 8, 2019 at 12:50 PM
    Marzie, Nicodami, Tobias and 3 others like this.
  10. It does not! Thanks for the response though! Unless you plan on being useful to the team and applying yourself as someone who can speak one of these languages you continue to rave about us needing it'd be really helpful to the team if you stop being argumentative for the sake of being argumentative. Also, the app store and the game description comes in the language their phone is in. They can easily read about the game in their native language if they please. The game isn't popular in most Asian countries because it isn't an esport. There is no competition in the base game.

Posted Nov 24, 2019
    Tobias likes this.
  11. I was talking about java not bedrock

Posted Nov 24, 2019
  12. Lol I always forget mineplex even has a bedrock server, I just always assume it's about java, that's on me

Posted Nov 24, 2019
  13. @KarmaCallama I'm not sure what Java you play but I can see the aforementioned languages perfectly fine. :)

Posted Nov 24, 2019