• 378 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2957 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Transfer Stats/Levels

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by SATUREST, Dec 5, 2019.

1. I know this may be shot down for multiple reasons very quickly, but I decided it was worth a try anyway. This mainly helps for players who alt a lot, such as myself, as well as users who have previously lost accounts with very high stats. I think that if a user has enough evidence to verify (obviously evidence that the staff team deem good enough to verify) that all the alts are entirely their own, and that all their stats were earned by them themselves, they should be able to submit a request to merge the account's stats all into one account. This way, the user's main will more accurately display the user's statistics, and maybe boost them up the Leaderboards more. Again, I won't be surprised if this is shot down for many reasons, mainly for fear of abuse, and the common sense of 'well that's your problem', but I still think this is a good, solid idea, and many players who face the same scenario as I do would appreciate this a lot, as well as players who have lost old accounts with high stats. If this were to happen, and if the staff responsible for overlooking these requests do a thorough job, I think this could work quite nicely, and it would be very nice to be able to have more accurate stats. :)

Posted Dec 5, 2019
  2. Hello @SATUREST

I can completely see why you'd want the ability to transfer your stats and levels to a new account. Unfortunately, Mineplex does not support stat or level transfers in any situation. You'll either have to keep playing on your current account or play a lot on your new account until you get the desired stats.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Posted Dec 5, 2019
    xOeuf likes this.
  3. I understand your scenario where if you lose your account you want to be able to get all of your stats back, but as you even stated yourself, it is your own fault for letting that happen. While it would allow some players to be able to get their stats back, how would we regulate this and make sure it is your own account? Would players do this through a support ticket or how would that work? Additionally, how would you make sure that players don't just take advantage of compromised accounts to boost their main accounts and level up much faster than they could otherwise.

This idea has been suggested in the past and repeatedly denied, but personally I still do agree with that. There really isn't a way for us to be 100% sure that its going to the account owner. If you were able to provide us with proof that it was your account, you'd be able to recover that account and begin playing on it anyway, so I don't see a real point of having it in, anyway.

Posted Dec 5, 2019
  4. Sven and jxcb answered this very well, and I have to agree with them. I think that the process to actually conduct this would be too tedious and overwhelming. Although most people wouldn't do the following, I think that some people would abuse this and submit a ticket or however they would decide to go about the process every day or every week. Of course you could put a number limit on it, but I think just not implementing the idea would make a lot more sense. There is not really any reason at all why this should be added to the game, in my opinion. As jxcb said, each player chooses which account they decide to play on for that day. Even if you have a lost account, there are so many ways to recover it. And if that doesn't work, like it hasn't for many people, then that's really unfortunate and the only thing to do is start over. I think that this suggestion would cause unnecessary confusion as well a fraud in many cases.

Posted Dec 5, 2019
  5. Hellooo
    Unfortunately, I am going to have to agree with the above replies. I don’t believe this should be implemented. I don’t see how it would be possible for Mineplex to securely monitor stat transfers between alt accounts. Even if it were possible, I can’t see Mineplex being able to 100% accurately verify that the accounts are in alt. Someone could transfer their stats to another player.
    Something like that just wouldn’t be fair. People work hard for their stats, and someone receiving their high level stats instantly through stats transfer is unfair in my opinion.

It’s a nice suggestion, and I see where you’re coming from, but I don’t think it should be added.

Posted Dec 6, 2019
  6. Hello,

Just going to put it out there, no matter how many threads that are made or how many people who want this to happen it won't. As stated above by @510bike, there wouldn't be a possible way for Mineplex to securely monitor stat transfers. There's no safe way for this to be able to verify players that that is actually there account and it could cause issues between players if Mineplex made a mistake on this.

This probably won't be happening but it's a cool suggestion, -1.

Happy suggesting,
    BlackConfig

Posted Dec 6, 2019
  7. Hello!

Unfortunately due to the potential security and stat boosting risk I don’t think this idea is doable. It’s hard to verify that someone with screenshots is in fact the owner of the account they are claiming. These days screenshots can easily be forged and would create a lot more hard work for the staff members. Staff members would have to spend a lot of time and effort into ensuring that the evidence sent is in fact truthful. Also, like @510bike touched on, it’s difficult to get evidence of ownership for an account you’ve lost access for.

Ultimately, there’s a lot of moving parts in this idea and it’s quite unfair. I don’t think this should be implemented.

Posted Dec 6, 2019
    510bike and 0joe like this.
  8. Heyo!

Due to many different reasons, statistic transfers between accounts are not supported here on Mineplex. I do agree it would be amazing to be able to for those of us that have multiple accounts that we've spent a lot of time on. I personally have an old main account that is a pretty high level, so being able to combine that level with my current level would be awesome, but that just isn't possible here. The reasoning for that is although us ourselves may know that the account is indeed ours, some people may not be as legitimate about it and may hack someone's account in order to get their stats. If this were implemented, the staff wouldn't be able to surely tell if the account is actually the players', so for those reasons this is not likely at all to be implemented. Thanks for the suggestion though, have a good day!

Posted Dec 6, 2019
  9. Not Planned

Unfortunately, I'll be denying this idea due to the fact that Mineplex (Support) will not be allowing players to transfer stats to other players or accounts. It would just be difficult to manage and would also be unfair to those who gained statistics from games legit. Like @Sven stated above, you'll have to gain back your wins and other stats again on your new/another account. Not sure how consistent it would be or if it is even possible with the levels and other systems used in the database. Overall, it would be unrealistic to allow stats transferals as we don't allow rank transferals anyway. If you have any concerns, PM me but I'll be marking this thread as "Not Planned".

Posted Dec 8, 2019
    zHalo likes this.