• 680 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2812 Players Online
  • 2132 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Traning/tutorial mode for new players

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by ProGator, Sep 28, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I think cake wars should have a tutorial or new players should all be put together because it is kind of hard to learn the game for the first time. It is also not really gonna be fun for them to have to fight people who can jump bridge to mid in 5 seconds. They also might need time to just learn the game. I feel like adding something like this would help new players get interested in cake wars because it is a great game.

Posted Sep 28, 2020
    Paladise and Believerc like this.
  2. I think there should be different lobbies for different skill levels, and the lobby you’re in is based on how many wins you have, or your level. Even though some sweats wouldn’t like this idea since they dodge lobbies when they see someone who may be good, it’ll be easier for all the new players.

Posted Sep 28, 2020
  3. Yeah, that's what I was thinking so I thought maybe the lobby for new players could be based on how many games they played as well so they could get some practice but it wouldn't be unfair. I think your skill level should not be based on how many wins you have but maybe your w/l ratio and your k/d ratio.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 28, 2020
    Believerc likes this.
  4. Technically there is a tutorial, just not very thorough. First of all, when the game starts, in the chat it says what to do, something along the lines of ‘Protect your cake and eat other’s to win!’ Secondly, at the edge of the island, there is a hovering text that explains the beacon claiming system. However, I completely agree with you, cakewars needs a tutorial mode for new players. Maybe you could suggest it in the ideas forum found here. Hope this helped!

Posted Oct 11, 2020
  5. splitting up/queueing with people in your skill rating is not something we will be doing due to that leading to games starting less and less for skill levels. we also won't be adding a cw tutorial since dying and losing is apart of learning your play style later on, and we can't really give a tutorial to deal with people being better and more experienced. it just comes over time and people will need to learn from it.

gonna be locking since we already have the proposed cakewars change laid out, and we won't be looking forward with either option

FMA & IT Note >> Thread Locked as stated above

Posted Oct 12, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.