• 959 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3043 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned Trainees, Mods, and Sr.Mod's little background change for replies.

Discussion in 'Website Feedback' started by Knazamn, Aug 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heyo!

For Trainees, Mods, and Sr.Mods, they have a gold tag. I would think of adding a little background when they apply. Kind of like having Power Play, or being a Developer/Leader. They each have their own little background. Power Play has a light blue background, and Leaders, and Developers has the light pinkish background. This is very minor, and wouldn't effect the website as much as big changes would. I would think, just add a golden background for Trainees, Mods, and Sr.Mods. If they have Power Play, then they can pick if they want the Power Play background or the golden background. Like I said, this is very minor, and not something major.
    Let me know what you think!

Have a good day/night!
    -Knazamn

Posted Aug 30, 2019
  2. I don't really see why this would be needed?

They stand out enough with a trainee/mod tag, they don't really need a special background, I'd fully understand if reports had a green/red tint when getting a reply (or other application-form based replies). But I don't see a point on normal threads, especially since a large percentage of the replies on threads are from volunteer staff members.

It's good for power-play club as it's a paid feature. It's good for admins/lt because they're official replies and should be given more attention. As for mods/trainees, I don't see any reason at all to add this? Could you list some valid reasons on how this could improve the forums for the community?

Posted Aug 30, 2019
    Kyuine and Yato like this.
  3. I agree with @CookieBilly
    The reason admins have it is to make them stand out. Power Play Club pays for it. As for mods and trainees they have the site tag. I feel if Mineplex added more colors I would get very confusing.
    Also, it isn't a development priority. Right now the Developers are working on anti-cheat and games.
    As @CookieBilly stated "Could you list some valid reasons on how this could improve the forums for the community?"

have a good night,
    ~yato

Posted Aug 30, 2019
    510bike likes this.
  4. Heya,

Also this would be a minor cosmetic change, I’m not really sure it is something that would be needed right now. I currently like how our system is set up with the tags trainees, mods and sr mods get. Changing them at this point would be redundant and I don’t think would fulfill a particular need; moreover improve the forums experience for our users. Sure, coming from a staff perspective, it could be nice...but I don’t think it’s something that should be changed as there is nothing wrong with how we do things now in that respect.

Posted Aug 30, 2019
    Kyuine and Yato like this.
  5. Whats poppin!

Personally I would love to this feature but as stated about it really isn't a necessity. I feel that a majority of the forums would also have the gold background as well causing issues.

Posted Aug 30, 2019
  6. :o cool to see you on the mineplex forums

Posted Aug 30, 2019
  7. I think adding a little background would just seem a little excessive. To be honest that's not really for us to decide and rather the staff teams decision.

Posted Aug 30, 2019
  8. Hey buddy!

I wouldn't mind seeing this feature implemented, but agreeing with others above, it is not really a change that is needed. I guess it would be a nice little change that would look nice, but it does not really serve a particular purpose that benefits anyone. Power Play Club is a paid subscription so I can see why they get a blue background when posting, and higher staff such as Leaders, because they're, are officials. That's just my opinion though.

Posted Aug 30, 2019
  9. I don't think this should be added. There just isn't a need for it, and would only serve as another cosmetic incentive to apply for the staff team and not to actually help the community.

However, I do think that people with both SOTM and MOTD should be given a golden post background. The reason(s) this is different is because you can't just apply to get it. You must join the staff team and be recognized for working hard and being an all-round' top staff member.

Posted Aug 30, 2019
  10. I don't believe that this should be a feature to be added, no need, no point taking up the time and it would stop them from doing other things by spending this valuable time.

But goodluck.

Posted Aug 30, 2019
  11. I don't believe we really need to stand out on the forums for any reason, our gold tags alone should be enough. If we added any more forum background colors, I really don't think the forums would look that great either.

I'll give this a maybe. Reason being community and staff have these tags, which can become confusing when scrolling through posts maybe just to find gold ones thinking they'll be staff. More colors still looks messy.

Posted Aug 30, 2019
    Jaekub likes this.
  12. There isn't really a point for this, it's just a meaningless cosmetic change. They are already highlighted with Gold Tags.

Posted Aug 30, 2019
  13. Heyoo!

I don't think this should be added now, as it's just more work for Web Devs, and it's not really necessary at all. Like many people have said, we already stand out with our gold tags and we don't need a whole background for staff. I think Power Play's background is enough for now. +0

~Cheers!
    -SpikeCreates

Posted Aug 30, 2019
  14. Herro!

As people have stated above, our gold tags already make us pretty noticeable, and I think that this is fine the way it is. Developers, Admins, Leaders, and Owners have their red background so that their responses stand out, and this is because they will likely have more information to provide on why something is the way it is, or give people straight answers for whether or not their idea will be implemented. I don't think that as lower level staff we need this, because we don't have the same level of answers as Admin/Dev+ do.

Due to the reasons stated above, I give this a -1 because it isn't necessary and would just clutter forums a bit more.

Posted Aug 30, 2019
  15. I think it only works with people like devs or admin+, not really mod+. Like marz said the golden tags is enough for us to stand out, we don’t need any special background colors in order to achieve that. It looks 10x cleaner without that being a thing tbh.

Posted Aug 30, 2019
    510bike likes this.
  16. I personally think with the large amount of trainees/mods/sr mods actively contributing to the forums, it isn’t really necessary. It would make things too chaotic on the forums with so many colored backgrounds.

Powerplay has the blue background as an extra permission/benefit, but they’re paying for it. Leaders/devs have the red background because of their position. Usually when they post on a thread, it’s an announcement or an official response to the discussion. Hence why I think it’s important their posts have a red background to make them stand out. Of course what we post is important, but like Bunni said, I think our current yellow tag is enough to make us stand out and it isn’t really necessary to make an additional yellow background on our forum posts. With so many staff members, it wouldn’t really serve much of a purpose to make our posts stand out.

Posted Aug 31, 2019
    Sakeusi likes this.
  17. I don't think that this would be really required to add either. PPC users get the special background as one of the perks for paying either monthly or yearly subscription to make them stand out from community members. Developers/Admin+ get special background for being paid employees to make them stand out from others and to show how important they are to the network. So it wouldn't make sense to have voluntary staff team members get special background color. If this were to be added then I could also see people with other ranks (Builder, YT, Etc) wanting their special background color as well which would create only more problems.

It's a good idea but I believe it's not needed at the moment.

Posted Aug 31, 2019
  18. Hey there!
    Staff member replies are definitely something that many players look out for, including myself. I tend to read some insight from my peers and how they tend to respond to different threads sometimes and then gather some information on how people react to certain threads. In this case, I don't think it's necessary that this idea should be implemented. I've had no trouble navigating to staff posts and really I've never found it hard to identify who are staff members and who aren't. The golden tags are quite obvious and adding colored backgrounds may just be an additional QoL change some players might appreciate.

I think that powerplay members and leaders/developers have a special background for specific reasons that make complete sense. Leader and developers tend to reply to specific things in their fields (not necessarily) that are quite important and are note-worthy, therefore seeing that it is recommended they have some sort of additional, obvious-to-the-eye reply. Powerplay members get to rejoice with the feature since they are paying for a monthly feature and I think it suits their perks very well.

I don't see that this idea is a necessity but I can definitely see where you've come from. I think that with the current layout of things, staff member replies are very easy to find and I think that any comments from them are pretty easy to navigate to as well. Adding colors wouldn't really be the best of options and would just make it so the forums would be more colorful and I think I'd rather see this sort of cleaner look. Thank you for taking the time into this thread, we really appreciate it! [​IMG]

Posted Aug 31, 2019
  19. I'm going to be honest and say that I don't like the blue background on the forums for PPC to begin with, so I don't like the idea of a different colored background being added for staff members. The tags on the forums suffice, in my opinion, for players to know who is a staff member or not and what team they belong to if they are questioning their credibility on something specific. Admin+ is a bit different because they are paid members of the Mineplex team and usually their posts are important to stand out, whether it's a response or announcement. I think it looks so much nicer for forum posts to be all the same color personally.

Posted Aug 31, 2019
    CookieBilly likes this.
  20. Heyo,

As the majority has said, I don't believe this feature should be implemented. Its a nice idea but wouldn't really serve any greater purpose on the forums. The golden tags already stand out quite a lot when scrolling through replies so I don't believe we need an added cosmetic to make us stand out more.

-1 - Have a great day!

Posted Aug 31, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.