• 971 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 4966 Players Online
  • 3995 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Trainee Application Guide (Refers to the becoming a trainee thread)

Discussion in 'Mineplex Guides' started by Starlessly, Oct 3, 2018.

?

Was this helpful?

1. Yes!

2. It helped me understand this a bit better!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. You’re welcome for the tips! Good to know this helped you out!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 4, 2018
  2. Hey there!

As a previously serving staff member, I approve of this thread being very useful! One thing I would like to comment on is the past experience when it comes to moderation.

When I first joined the team back in 2017, I had very little experience when it came to moderation. I had owned a couple of servers and been staff on a small server too, and I feel like that gave me a small boost. As long as you work as hard as you can and show that you are willing to learn moderation skills whilst your application is pending that shouldn't be a problem! Everyone here has the capability of becoming a staff member, it's just how you conduct yourself.

Thanks! :)

Posted Oct 12, 2018
  3. I wouldn't say everyone...

Posted Oct 12, 2018

4. Hey, thank for replying with the positive comment! I said past experience like how I did because it's very helpful knowing what you're doing and what the basic stuff like spamming cursing rioting etc are. I have 7 - 1 year experience with moderation on Minecraft servers. Of course, I didn't mean to this due to the punishing system being new and knowing to know what everything is because yes you will need to learn of course. I meant it's always nice to have past experience with moderation on other communities and get to know the ropes of what it means to be professional and what being staff is all about.

I mean everyone has the same chance of being staff no matter what their past punishment history was. If the person that is applying matures over the time of the punishment timer and they learn what it means to be helpful and nice to other's etc then I believe they also have a shot.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 15, 2018
    xNooted likes this.
  5. As a person applying as of right now, this is extremely helpful. Thank you so much for creating this thread, it has really helped me!

Posted Oct 25, 2018
  6. Yeah, no problem! Good luck with your application! Just know, no matter how many times you get rejected if you do, just keep trying and keep improving. You will eventually get where you want to be.

Updated the thread by adding the following questions: "I was denied for in-game playtime and I was denied for a new forum account?". If anyone has anything they would like me to update the thread with just post a comment and I will be sure to add it if I feel it is needed!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 25, 2018
  7. I have a friend that hosts a server with about 3-5 players online and I have admin rank there, if I screenshot my rank as proof, and talk about my experience, will staff still take that into consideration?

Posted Oct 25, 2018
  8. Hello! From what AGL told me if you have past experience with some server's around 50+ players in the past or currently and you talk about your experience then yes they will take it into consideration.

OP OP
  9. Regarding this, I'm not going to tell you what to write. But as Hoku said, a server with at least a 50+ concurrent player base, rather than one with 3-5 one, will be looked at more. Seeing as your friend owns it, that is sort of a conflict of interest almost. I would definitely say you should mention it, but talk more about what you learned and how you improved from when you first received that rank. They want to know about your skills and how you would be as a staff member.

Regarding the OP, this is actually really nice. It's a general guide compiled of statements and tips that can help all applicants. You really summed it up and gave some good detail. Seeing as the Becoming a Trainee / Train Harder threads are both quite long, having a semi-shorter and brief one is definitely a viable option. Keep up the good work, I'm sure this will help a lot of applicants struggling on what to say in their applications.

Posted Oct 25, 2018
    Starlessly likes this.
  10. Thank you for the feedback!

Posted Oct 25, 2018
    happilycam likes this.
  11. Oh by the way, you need to be signed up with the forums for 1 month before applying. Just a heads up if you just now regastered.

OP OP
  12. Heyo!

I would also like to mention something about the forums. I recently asked a staff member if you were to have joined the forums just recently you can still apply without having a months experience. Hence why I applied a few days after joining. I first familiarized myself with the forums and built up my postings.

Nice post other wise!

Posted Oct 25, 2018
  13. Speaking just as a person who likes Minecraft and not as a staff member (I have to clarify that) I don't think this will get you any far. It is incredibly easy to have a server. Pay a hosting company and throw your IP on the internet for people to hopefully join. The hard part is helping the server grow and maintaining a good relationship with your player base. Your rank is just a title; what matters is your actions and experience. Talk about your experience, but you don't need to bring up your rank.

Again, I am just a person. Please do not treat my words as requirements to get accepted. I am not a recruiter and have no idea whether you will be accepted or not. Heck, even saying "Pamphlet advised me" in your application will not get you anywhere. Please do not treat my message any differently than someone else's. It's not that special. Yes I have to clarify this in order to make this post.

Posted Oct 25, 2018
  14. I've done that, you can just see from my wall and forum posts.

I think I'll still write about my experience no matter how small the server is. It adds more effort to do so at least and shows that you do care about being a staff member on Mineplex. I understand having a staff rank on such a small server won't help you much but I still feel like they might take that into consideration.

Posted Oct 25, 2018
  15. Don't get me wrong, you should definitely talk about your experience. Just don't try to glorify your title. Your title is just a title. Your experience is what matters.

Posted Oct 25, 2018
    Starlessly and lili. like this.
  16. Not only does experience matter's it also involves if you really want to help out or if you just want the tag.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Oct 28, 2018
  17. Hello!
    This will surely help me , I have been trying to change my toxicity. And right now I'm still improving.
    Question: if I was toxic before and I became nice and friendly like you stated above will I have a higher chance of being accepted before even if I have a history of being toxic ?

Posted Mar 28, 2019
  18. Hey!

It's awesome to see a community member creating a thread that answers questions that a future applicant may have! I found all the questions and answers to the questions very informative and I'm sure other people will benefit from reading this thread. Awesome work, keep it up!!

Posted Mar 29, 2019
    Starlessly likes this.
  19. Thanks Maple!

Also, due to me not being very active on here if I come back to Mineplex I will make a updated guide but also touching on my own personal experiences and expressing some things that a applicant may think during the process!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 22, 2019
  20. If you prove you've learned and show more maturity, the Recruiters may consider you again and dismiss your past behavior. However, you'll probably have to just work a bit harder to show you aren't toxic anymore and not make any slip ups. Maturity is a big thing when applying, but if you PM'd a recruiter explaining your past and present, asking if you could still apply and be considered, that would be ideal.

Good luck!

Posted Apr 22, 2019