• 443 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6226 Players Online
  • 5783 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Trading system

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by DatzRuben, Apr 19, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Hi!

I came up with this idea a while ago, and I think it would be super unique for Mineplex.
    Add a Trading system. With this I mean, u can trade; gems, shards, items, and maybe even titles.
    I think this would be an awseome idea, maybe even interesting to people that have never played Mineplex, or older players that get attracted to the server because of this.

I'd be happy to hear your thoughts on this.

Posted Apr 19, 2021
  2. only problem would be IRL sellers, i dont have much on java but on bedrock i have 1.1M gems and 1,324,000,000 shards

i wouldn't do that im only saying an example but lets say someone has 1.3b shards also and sells shards for 10$/per million which is a good deal for someone who as nothing or is new and bang 13,000$ and somewhat against the rules of mojang

Posted Apr 19, 2021
  3. I don't think that there should be a trading system. It defeats the purpose of working to get gems, shards, etc, when you can trade for them. It would also be another thing to moderate, which then you would be having people complain that they got scammed. It wouldn't be easy to moderate. So, I don't think there should be a trading system implemented in Mineplex.

Posted Apr 19, 2021
  4. it would be like roblox, devs are going crazy with all the scamming, most games have a report and trade history due to scamming and its hell, its all you see and it would be the same on mineplex

Posted Apr 19, 2021
    StyxKiller03 likes this.
  5. That's correct both of you, but I think on any game that would be the issue, and it is. All I'm saying it would defo be an eyecatcher.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 19, 2021
  6. Sure, it would be an eyecatcher, but why would you add it with problems you can't fix? I think it would be worse for Mineplex than better.

Posted Apr 19, 2021
  7. Any account that gets hacked or cracked would immediately be drained of anything good on it. -1.

Posted Apr 19, 2021
  8. Hi there Ruben! First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to make this thread and suggest this idea! While I do find this idea very unique and intriguing, I personally overall disagree with implementing it. I will dive more into my personal opinion on this idea suggestion later in my response, but I feel that some notable feedback was provided by others in their responses to this thread. With that being said, I'll start with commenting on what was already said...

Gems & Shards
    I agree in the sense that this would overall defeat the purpose of playing games across Mineplex to earn gems and shards. Adding a trading system, in which would allow gems and shards to be earned easier, might possibly demotivate players in continuing to play games to earn these rewards. These in-game currencies are labeled as 'rewards' because it serves as an incentive to continue to play games across the network. In result of playing more games, you earn more gems and shards, which allows players to build a saving for items they'd like to purchase. (Whether that be new kits in different games, or something as simple as a treasure chest in the lobby) - I would also like to mention that although we don't have an established trading system, I'm sure you know that we have morphs and gadgets that currently allow sharing/gifting gems/shards.

Scamming/Moderation
    I'd also have to agree that this trading system would be another aspect that would have to be heavily moderated on the server. With things being traded, whether they're in mass quantities or smaller quantities, I could foresee "scamming" being a huge issue experienced by players using this system. In my experience of playing other servers, I have seen trading systems easily abused. In addition, I have also have seen a number of players come forward voicing that they've been taken advantage of. I do think that these potential issues absolutely would have to be considered if this were possibly implemented.

My personal opinion with all things considered
    Truthfully I can't lie, this is a unique and cool idea, but I wouldn't foresee this trading system working over well. I have seen similar idea suggestions made in the past and the feedback has been mixed. Here's a couple of threads, I'd suggest checking out:
    I personally think that if this were implemented, it would be too easy to scam players and abuse the system for one players benefit over the other. I'm also very firm on the standpoint that earning things such as gems, shards, cosmetics and titles are more of a personal achievement, and should not be shared/traded. I do however, appreciate the uniqueness of this idea and I'm interested in what others may have to say in regards to this idea suggestion.

Posted Apr 19, 2021
  9. Those are all very good arguments, and probably prove that this shouldn't be implemented. Therefor it was also just an idea :p. Thanks for taking your time to reply to this guys.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 19, 2021
    Amg likes this.
  10. Like someone else said this might start IRL trading but I doubt it. This would be very interesting but maybe not tittles, my question is how would they trade it, like 1000 gems for 100 shards or something like that? People make their own deals? And by items do you mean cosmetics because if so, that would mess up a lot of stuff.

Posted Apr 19, 2021
  11. Interesting Idea. Creating a general trading option where players can do in-game business with gems and shards. Even though it goes against people grinding and working hard to be rewarded based on performance. If it were implemented, it would be too easy to scam players and abuse the system. Players would be given too much power over each other.

Posted Apr 19, 2021