• 1315 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5551 Players Online
  • 4236 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Tracking Compass Update

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by JaBomb, Mar 27, 2020.

1. I think this has needed to be added for a while and there have probably already been threads for this, but adding a right click feature that allows you to toggle searching for the nearest teammate would be very useful. While most people that play the game are already in discord parties, there are occasional times where I just want to play the game to myself, and sometimes when running away from other teams you can't find your teammates. I see no reason or flaw for this feature to be added. Anyone let me know what you think.

Posted Mar 27, 2020
    Rilau, JMPhase and ClqssyOwl like this.
  2. I personally think that there should be a compass for nearest teammate and nearest opponent. I am definitely in favor of this idea happening because a lot of solo queuers will definitely be benefited from this. Considering how wide the maps are in bridges, a tracking compass should also be added for nearest teammate if your teammate is below the surface/mining something. Teammates can easily get scattered, considering how common sky basing is in bridges, so people might wanna know where they are. Especially if a teammate is in a different island, it will be way easier to use the compass.

While many might say sending cords is just as well as tracking someone through a compass, I find it way more convenient to use a compass, especially for people that don't understand the system of using coordinates. I know that everyone who plays UHC teams in general uses coordinates, but I think using a compass will be an easier way to navigate someone. Overall, I think this would be a satisfaction change for those that are queuing with random players that they don't know. Nice idea, and hope others will definitely agree to this idea.

Posted Mar 27, 2020
    JaBomb likes this.
  3. I actually think this is an excellent idea for any game with a "Nearby Players" compass; just a simple clicking toggle mechanism to switch between opponents and teammates would be an incredibly useful addition. Great idea!

Posted Mar 27, 2020
    Fallen™ and JaBomb like this.
  4. This idea is concise and well said. I agree that there should be a feature to allow you to track your teammates in survival based game modes. Even when I am in a party, or voice call with friends, it is easy to lose them.
    Although I think this is a well thought out idea, some game mode don't need this. For instance, survival games already has a map that shows you where your teammate is. Many game modes, including Super Smash Mobs, have maps so small that there is no need for a compass to track your teammate. In the case of bridges, I think this idea should be implemented, as team fights are crucial to a successful game.

Posted Mar 27, 2020
    JaBomb likes this.
  5. Hello!

I like this idea to be able to switch compass mode to track your teammates which can be so useful thing to coordinate with your team which is so important in almost every team games. It can be made to be togglable with right-clicking on a compass.

Currently, you can't really see where is your teammate(s) in all games which is not that good. The only game where you can see where is your teammate is SG Teams where you can use a map for that.

I'd like to see this be added but it's more like a general suggestion because Tracking Compass is the same in all games, so it will be added in all games which have more than one team which currently have compass support enabled. Because of that, I will request to move this thread to General Ideas from Bridges forums section.

This addition doesn't look like something complicated to do but it will require Development time which is so limited on Mineplex, so this thing won't be high in priority but I hope it will be implemented one day. Overall, +1 to your idea.

Posted Mar 27, 2020
    JaBomb likes this.
  6. Heyo!

This sounds like an overall nice QoL change that I could see being implemented in the future.

I don't agree with a different reply saying there should be two different compasses, one for teammates and one for opponents (if I deciphered what they were saying correctly). I believe it should more be something such as right clicking the compass for teammates and left clicking for opponents or vise versa.

This could help out players, as some said, with finding teammates instead of having to use coordinates, as they can be tricky and overall not as useful as the player you are trying to find is surely going to move by the time you find the coordinates.

Overall, a +1 from me and we'll see where it goes from here. Have a good one!

Posted Mar 27, 2020
    JaBomb likes this.

7. Of course the main idea is to right click the compass to change from enemy team to your team. Thanks for your support! :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 27, 2020
  8. Bump! the more I play the game the more I want to see this added.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 31, 2020