• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • Players Online
  • 0 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Toxic behavior's prohibited but antagonizing's allowed?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Glitchy, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Glitchy

Glitchy

So how does it make sense that people won't get muted or warned for being antagonistic but responding with like "Shut the hell up" in response warrants a verbal warning? I saw this happen to someone in a game of SSM and they said that they were just issued a warning over saying "shut the hell up" and the one taunting him/her was saying "beat by magma cube, come back when you're actually good", how does this even make sense that the one who started it doesn't receive a warning even if just a verbal warning?

Posted Nov 8, 2018
    69hd likes this.
  2. Unfavorited

Unfavorited

I'm not a staff member, but I would think taunting like that would be seen as general rudeness? As I said, I'm not so sure but I would hope so. I totally see where you are coming from. When someone is taunting like that, they are the ones that want an argument to break out. Of course, you must always make sure that you don't fall for something like this. An easy way is to just simply /ignore them or don't reply. Its confusing for me when someone takes their time to make others feel bad. I 100% agree with you.

Posted Nov 8, 2018
  3. Zipppo

Zipppo

Hello,
    I can assure you that both of the quotes that you mentioned in this post would come under General Rudeness. I would recommend going over the rules again at mineplex.com/rules which will confirm this. Taunting other players in such a way is prohibited, neither is the rudeness given from the response. In this case the staff member who issued the warning may have not seen it or could've been handling a report made by someone else on them therefor not actually in game.
    Next time I would recommend taking a screen shot and reporting their behavior at mineplex.com/reports going over this guide first. Alternatively, if there is a Titan + rank in your game they can report it using /report.

Posted Nov 8, 2018,
    Last edited Nov 8, 2018
  4. Crash

Crash

General rudeness is inconsistently warned for is the core issue here

Posted Nov 10, 2018 at 12:59 AM
  5. Glitchy

Glitchy

Why not let ANYONE access /report instead of only titan rank? Seems a bit lame, also imho I think the aggressor (the one taunting) should be the only one punished and the other be let off with a verbal warning

OP OP Posted Nov 10, 2018 at 1:22 AM
    69hd likes this.
  6. Wanderer

Wanderer

Both messages would generally fall under general rudeness. Only point at which an exception can be made by the Moderation team would be friends joking among themselves. A verbal warning isn't much of a warning to begin with, it's the most lenient type of warning you can get and it is not logged in your punishment history. If a moderator told you in chat to stop acting needlessly aggressively towards other players, I would assume the warning was directed towards everyone in the chat in general, and anyone who broke the rules after the moderator's chat message would have been punished all the same.

If you believe a moderator was intentionally only punishing you and avoiding punishing another player who also met the criteria for a punishment, please report this moderator at mineplex.com/support so that they can be dealt with. Such behaviour is not acceptable from one of our moderators and definitely not a common occurrence.
    --- Post updated ---
    The report feature is currently not in a state where it would be ready to be used by that many players. It's limited to Titan and above for testing reasons, not because it is supposed to be a limited feature. It's availability will be changed when it is optimised for use by players and moderators alike (which it is currently simply not).

Posted Nov 10, 2018 at 3:46 AM
    Dulciloquy and Dva like this.
  7. Glitchy

Glitchy

Oh trust me, it wasn't me who was punished/warned, I'm using a mod that keeps me from typing in chat so I can't go and screw up like this with bad behavior.

OP OP Posted Nov 10, 2018 at 3:47 AM
  8. Airee

Airee

You talking about this? I use it too, lol. (warning: profanity in source code)

Posted Nov 10, 2018 at 3:54 AM
  9. Wanderer

Wanderer

Ah, well regardless, the same logic still goes. If you believe someone was intentionally picking favourites and not punishing players when they should have, please let our Customer Support team know.

Also adding on to this, you are able to report players with any player rank on our website at mineplex.com/reports

Posted Nov 10, 2018 at 3:56 AM
  10. Glitchy

Glitchy

Meh rather not spend like 15 minutes waiting for images to load (when that goes on my whole computer gets laggy with everything but that)

OP OP Posted Nov 10, 2018 at 11:16 PM
  11. Wiz_Techno

Wiz_Techno

@Wanderer responded to these concerns quite well. Antagonizing other players is a pretty scummy strategy and you should always be the bigger person and respond maturely!

That is kind of true tbh, it's very subjective in the way it's applied. But I don't see that being a huge problem.

No, /report is not as great as it seems. The system for reporting hackers outright sucks, actually it just doesn't work. Chat Reports work but allowing any more players/ranks to access it would flood the moderators and surely break the system, fragile as it already is.

Literally just go to imgur.com > Upload a screenshot > go to mineplex.com/report > fill it out and click submit, that all takes less than a minute.

In the end @Glitchy (like the username <3), if you feel a player is being rude to you, then please follow the steps I put above and report the player; as stated above, General Rudeness is pretty subjective so if you think a player is being rude, a moderator will most likely think the same.

Thanks
    Techno

Posted Nov 10, 2018 at 11:29 PM
  12. Sophie_OGrady

Sophie_OGrady

Unfortunately, if you're not willing to report users, they simply aren't going to get punished every time and you will see users who broke the rules get away with it punishment free. It's unrealistic with the current amount of staff members to expect them to be everywhere at once and moderate every message that's sent. As a result, it's just as important for us, as community members, to alert staff of the rule breakers especially when you're expecting them to see every message.

When reporting the users via the forums it shouldn't take more than a few minutes. As you aren't Titan+ and can't use chatsnap, the best method for you is to either screenshot and upload it straight away using Gyazo or Lightshot, or take a screenshot through your Minecaft then upload it to a website like Imgur. I have an upload speed of less than 1mb/s and it uploads for me within a few seconds at most, so I doubt even with a few images it could take even close to 15 minutes using the methods I've just outlined.

Posted Nov 11, 2018 at 1:52 AM
    IsJustaGhost, Dva and Wiz_Techno like this.
  13. Glitchy

Glitchy

no, a friend custom coded it for me, every time I try to talk AT ALL the game says to me "You hear a voice in your head, Oak: Ash! this is not the time or place for that" (EDIT: note that only I can see that message appear, as it's too ensure there's never any way I can bypass any other filter mods)
    --- Post updated ---
    Yeah imgur lags me like no tomorrow and the other 2 I generally don't trust as I know very little about them

OP OP Posted Nov 12, 2018 at 11:42 AM
  14. Wiz_Techno

Wiz_Techno

Buddy, if you want to report these players then take a screenshot, upload it to Imgur, and report it on the forums. Mineplex has provided a way for you to report these players and if you’re not going to utilize it then complaining here won’t get you anywhere either.

Posted Nov 12, 2018 at 3:31 PM
  15. Sophie_OGrady

Sophie_OGrady

If imgur lags you then I'd recommend using the alternatives I outlined above. Both Gyazo and Lightshot are trusted and commonly used websites for hosting images.

If you need further proof these are fine to use, I'd recommend looking through the suggestion sites on the reports guide: https://www.mineplex.com/report-guide/. Both of the two are on there (lightshot is prntscr), and are recommended to be used by Mineplex.

Regardless, my point still stands. You also need to put in effort if you expect every rule breaker to be punished and unless you try the methods other people suggest, it just won't happen.

Posted Nov 12, 2018 at 4:11 PM
    Wiz_Techno likes this.