• 1372 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9810 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Top 3 Favorite Maps

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by RealIsopodHours, Aug 12, 2019.

1. I'll start:

1.Hyrule
    2.Enigma
    3.Skylands

Hyrule is probably my favorite just because of nostalgia, Enigma is a really well made map, props to whoever designed it. Skylands is an altogether really nice map, pretty simple and fun to play on.

Posted Aug 12, 2019
  2. 1.Hyrule
    2.Skylands
    3.Astron

Posted Aug 12, 2019
  3. Hey!

This is very interesting, as normally threads are made about kits, so its nice to see a switch of things! Coming in third place, I have to give it to "Skylands"! This map is a classic, and I adore it! As "Skylands" is one of the bigger maps, there are a lot of different areas of the map that are unique and offer different play styles for fights. Furthermore, in second place, is "Mining Camp"! Personally, I really enjoy playing on this map. I love how there is not only different islands, however, there is also a bottom level with many different entrances. Aesthetic alone, the map offers many different vantage points and potential for kits to be great on! Finally, in first place, I have to give it to the "Mushroom Islands"! Another classic map, which I love! I enjoy playing on the smaller maps the majority of the time as it makes it easier to catch opponents who are trying to run away, as well as providing a faster game a lot of the time. In addition, I just love how the map looks as well, which is why this is currently my favorite map in SSM! :)

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  4. 1. Astron
    2. Apache

Both the above maps have that one isolated island that works perfectly for me to fight on (almost) level ground.

3. Mining Camp

Just because of how many corners you can make surprise attacks from :D

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  5. Saturn here,

Definetly:

Astron
    2.Skylands
    3.Hyrule

Posted Aug 13, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 5, 2019
  6. 1. Skylands
    2. Hyrule
    3. Mining Camp

I rank these maps this way because Skylands is great for huge mps games and for practicing my kits on even ground. Hyrule is so nostalgic and I think it has to get a little lower than Skylands due to the amount of lava being more than the land itself. There's just too many little cracks and not enough hiding spots to regenerate. Finally, i like Mining Camp a lot. I play it so many times and It's just a fun map to play with high knock-back characters like slime. This is my opinion, tell me otherwise.

Posted Aug 13, 2019
  7. Hmm, this is a hard one. For maps, I usually combine aesthetic along with gameplay.
    For that reason, Ardan Forest is my number one. The build-style and look of the map is really pretty, it's super cool to fly past the flowers and onto the giant mushroom. The General layout of the map is quite nice, too. It's got a lot of height variation which you can use quite efficiently in order to get from place to place or to run around on and move around in. As a spider player, it's a really solid map to jump around on and to parkour around in. I really enjoy the colors as well as the various spots you can escape to using various routes and well-timed abilities.
    My second would definitely have to be Autumn. The classic map remastered is a huge staple of the game itself, being one of the earliest additions to SSM, yet removed for gameplay purposes. I love the orange colors contrasted by the green & brown from the terrain, offset by the white from the gazebo in the middle. Gameplay-wise, it's solid (again from a melee kit perspective), you're given lots of room to work with, especially when using directional jumps. You can use the height of the trees which stand upon almost every island to not only get around but also to get a height-advantage for webs or other ranged abilities. It's a huge nostalgia trip to when I first started out; when we had cute maps like garden or swamp. I've missed it, but am super happy that the build-team has decided to remaster the map <3
    My last, but not least, has to be Extinction. I really enjoy big maps, and extinction is definitely on the larger side. The ridge at the top is a great place to camp out, but also to fight on - if you know how to utilize that space properly. The tree in the middle is a good bridge between the outer ring and is a good area to work with when you're being chased by other players. I really like the map, again, for its aesthetic, but also how useful some of the obstacles are. The old dinosaur skeletons can really work well for cover, and the map has enough free space to zip and zoom around in as a spider :D
    All maps have their own flair, and preferences definitely vary based on playstyle, but those are my picks. I do really well on those maps (I literally cannot fight on small maps like Wasted Lands or Mushroom Islands), and I also love what the creators of those maps have done with their themes. I hope to see more large maps in the future - maybe a rework of Oriental Gardens!

Posted Aug 14, 2019
  8. 1. Skylands- this is a pretty classic map; it was here when I first started playing SSM, about 4 years ago. I think it was the first map I played on as well. I like the fact that it's big and there's a lot of room for fighting, so falling off usually isn't a problem for me. Like @Franjona said, it's a great map for practicing kits.

2. Mining cap- This map is a lot of fun. I like the fact that it kinda has two levels to it, so you can go underground or stay on top. It doesn't really have any high places, which is nice because I hate dealing with campers. (one reason why I don't really like Hyrule .-.)

3.Enigma- I really like the aesthetic of this new map. It's pretty great, and again, there's not a ton of places to fall off of. Has a pretty good layout, where as in Blizzard, there are giant holes in the middle of the land which I fall into by mistake constantly.

Posted Aug 17, 2019
  9. 1. the pirate ship map
    2. the pirate ship map
    3. the pirate ship map

Posted Aug 17, 2019
  10. I judge based on how good maps are for Villager, some very objective quotas here:

Large maps with a mostly flat landscape (no 2 block up and downs), very small gaps between islands, and large high grounds near the void.

Based on these, my 3 favorites have to be Skylands, Extinction, and Desert (desert just is so easy to get hurr spikes on that's all)

Posted Aug 18, 2019
  11. 1: Ancient Islands
    2: Glacier
    3: Desert

Number 2 and 3 are almost even for me.

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  12. amazon, autumn, mining camp

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  13. hidden valley, twin peaks(classic), and Skylands(Bridges)

Posted Aug 19, 2019
  14. 1: Remote Islands
    2: Skylands
    3. Ardan Forest

Posted Aug 24, 2019