• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 11169 Players Online
  • 8279 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Too many Lobbys

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Bozidqr, Jun 30, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Hello everyone!
    Today I wanted to discuss about one certain problem which I think could be really important.
    It's about too many lobbys. Mineplex currently has 40 lobbys, which I think are unnecessary because half of them are empty.
    They could just split the numbers of lobbys, that will reduce lag also!

Posted Jun 30, 2020
  2. i agree with the young man xD, it would make the feeling of "being a dead server" that some players have, be less.

Posted Jun 30, 2020
    Bozidqr likes this.
  3. Hey thanks for making a post about this!
    Mineplex does have a good bit of lobbies. These lobbies are updated and not always displaying all of them to be available. It's a great variety to have lobbies open when there is a big spike of the number of players online. Lobbies can tend to be laggy and not fun for players with computers that won't be able to handle it so well. Player's have the option to choose lobbies themselves for a reason! I can see what you are implying but I don't feel the need of that being added. I checked the lobby count as of now, there is around 20 available displayed. I only saw 2 empty considering there is a little over 2,000 players.

Unfortunately I don't see the need of this implementation to remove excess lobbies as they don't do harm to players, but instead give them choices to be in lobbies they choose, even with friends (:!

Posted Jun 30, 2020
    Truthhs and LazyBrayden like this.
  4. Mineplex hub lobbies were actually made dynamic in 2014 or 2015. This means that the lobbies will close and open based on current player amounts, so as more players join/leave servers will open and close accordingly.

Since they have added the dynamic lobbies, I have never really seen many empty lobbies, except maybe 1-2 lobbies with just a couple of players. The situation you are describing most likely happened, as the server was moving from a peak player count time to a less active time, which meant the lobbies had not yet shut down, as it takes a bit to update.

The only thing I would say is maybe for the server to figure out a way to update the number of available lobbies faster, but I don't think that should be a priority at the moment.

I hope this addressed your concern, and if you have any more ideas, I would recommend making them on the ideas section of the forums, found here.

Thanks again, and if you have any questions or concerns, feel free to private message me!

Posted Jun 30, 2020