• 780 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3359 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

To those who get easily mad at toxic players.

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Dan1el, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Hey everyone. I hope you guys have a great day. I've noticed for a while that whenever there is a toxic player in the game, people can get very easily mad at them. Therefore, I decided to make a little thread that hopefully can help those who get punished by getting mad at toxic players.

First of all, think about what the toxic players are trying to achieve from being toxic. They want you to get frustrated and mad. They want to take away the focus on the game and make you mad so both you and the toxic player will get muted. Do you really want to let them achieve want they want? Is it worth it to get muted just because you wanted to strike back at the toxic player and show how stupid it was to call you trash?

Secondly, think about why you are playing in the first place. Did you join the game because you wanted to find toxic players and argue with them? Or, did you join the game because you enjoy playing, and wanted to have a good time? Don't let toxic players ruin that for you. It's no point in talking to this kind of player because it will only distract you from the reason why you were playing in the first place.

Thirdly, think about what you accomplish while fighting with those guys. If you start to argue with a player who calls you trash, and you strike back by saying to the other player " you're trash" what do you achieve? The only thing you'll get from this situation is a punishment and other players who might be distracted in-game and then eventually they get mad. The result is never positive, and you will only regret it later.

I know that toxic players are very frustrating, and sometimes you just want to give them what they deserve, but it would not solve the problem. My tips to you guys who get easily mad at toxic players are to ignore them and remember what they want to accomplish while being toxic. The best thing to do is to report them to a staff member, and let them handle it.

I hope this thread was helpful to you, and have a lovely day!

Posted Jan 19, 2020
  2. wow, this is the first "how to deal with toxic players" forum ive ever seen. i remember i once got muted for some time and i encountered someone who was really toxic to other people, and me. i couldnt do anything since i was muted, so i just let it pass by. the lesson that i was taught from this is that if you encounter a toxic player, dont even respond, cus all they pretty much want is attention and fame. you can also do /ignore to ignore the player.

i hope that this thread and the thread above will help people become a better player.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, the toxic person will definitely receive karma. (;

Infui

Posted Jan 19, 2020
  3. I know I've gotten frustrated a few times with toxic players, and most times I've just managed to hold in my anger. These tips definitely help with dealing with these types of players and I know a lot of people will benefit from this thread, so thanks for posting it. Some very true and helpful information here.

Posted Jan 19, 2020
    InfuiBoom and Dan1el like this.
  4. This could help a few people I know... Lol

Posted Jan 19, 2020
    ScarletBlood37 and Dan1el like this.
  5. Hey,

You nailed it. Couldn't of had said it better myself. It's all mind games and trolling and that's where most people tend to slip up. They really only want a reaction out of you and want you to build off your frustration. Great post, hope many see this and take it into consideration.

Posted Jan 19, 2020
    Dan1el likes this.

6. Thank you!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 19, 2020
    InfuiBoom likes this.
  7. Howdy!

Your post really hit the mark! Toxic people are in every aspect of life, and there is not much you can do about it sometimes. These people love to get in your head and mess with you. Two wrongs never make a right, so it is a good thing to practice not letting these people get inside your head instead of putting yourself in a deeper situation that may mess you up later on.

Thanks for the post!
    ~Sterrio

Posted Jan 19, 2020
    Dan1el likes this.
  8. Awesome thread dude. Definitely needed in a community rampant with these types of players.

Posted Jan 19, 2020
    Dan1el and InfuiBoom like this.
  9. Great thread! I do agree that toxic players are only there to try to just get a reaction out of you. Without a reaction, more than half the purpose of acting the way they are is just gone, and all that's left is the staff intervention part.

Posted Jan 19, 2020
    Dan1el likes this.
  10. very good thread, I'm gonna have to use some of these tips myself xo

Posted Jan 19, 2020
    lumenium and Dan1el like this.
  11. I love this guide. I also had an idea to block certain words from the chat so that people won’t be able to see toxic messages. For example /block (word). And in chat it will say this message contains a blocked word.

Posted Jan 19, 2020
    Dan1el likes this.
  12. I also have a tip for all those suffering from persecution complex, just use /ignore <player> instead of talking back to them. You want to FOCUS, not get distracted by some rando who spitted hard truths against you.

Posted Jan 19, 2020
    Dan1el likes this.
  13. Heyo!
    Really cool thread dude! But also remember In-Game we were playing CW yesterday? It's kinda like an exact repeat! Definitely helped. I'll either be /ignore'ing them or just focusing on the game.
    Cheers!
    ~Sean
    (Hope your thread has an "OFFICIAL" tag on it! It deserves one!)

Posted Jan 20, 2020

14. Thank you, and yes I remember when we played CW :)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 20, 2020