• 252 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2245 Players Online
  • 1993 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Not Planned To Many Gems

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by SnKn_Crunch, Jan 11, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Howdy yall, I have been playing Mineplex for some time and most of you guys probably have but I feel like the gems should be more useful. I think that players should be able to give gems away to friends. Now it could get annoying if everyone is sending each other gems so I feel like you are only able to send gems to players on your friend's list and when you type /gems or /gems give (NAME) it pulls up a fancy GUI unless people like the chat. Now giving gems is also kinda pointless besides helping a friend so I feel that there should be more of a use for them. I would like people to reply with ideas on what gems could be used for. Thanks for taking the time to read this

Posted Jan 11, 2020
    GAM likes this.
  2. u can donate ur gems to communities

Posted Jan 12, 2020
    GAM, itsLuhi and SnKn_Crunch like this.
  3. The feature to give other players gems has been denied in the past as it means that compromised accounts could easily lose all of their gems so that idea won't be implemented.

I think a cool idea for extra things to spend gems on is for there to be a special gem shop with unique cosmetics in. This could be a permanent feature or be a limited time offer to spend all the gems you've collected since the last one. The cosmetics should be relatively pricey since many people have millions of gems saved up, but could also include some cheaper ones for people who don't play as much.

Posted Jan 12, 2020
    GAM and Im_Ken like this.
  4. You must share with us COMRADE. Well, unless you are a dirty capitalist

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  5. It is sad to know that there is not enough items that you can buy for gems.
    I would like to have an option to buy a custom pet for gems.

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  6. [​IMG]
    This could be a really good idea and it is better than adding another dog.

Posted Jan 12, 2020
  7. Although I would like to see more uses for gems, transferring gems is an idea that has been denied in the past (see here). Some people would be able to exploit the system through the use of alts and compromised accounts by transferring gems from those accounts to their main account. There is already a way to transfer small amounts of gems by using the Villager morph, but a way to quickly transfer thousands of gems would be too risky to implement to the server. Having more purposes for gems would be beneficial, but I do not think transferring gems would be the way to go.

Posted Jan 12, 2020
    GAM likes this.
  8. Hello,

I'm going to start off with your first statement in the thread is to for gems to be more useful. I definitely agree with this, just buying kits for games with gems doesn't really give us much use for them because most people only stick to grind 2-3 games and people who have a lot of gems like myself we should have another need for them but currently we don't know what. We want to have a reason to try and earn gems instead of just saying "who cares about gems" and other phrases like this since the pile on the scoreboard in the hub just keeps adding up and up.

With the second statement, I highly disagree with being able to transfer gems with other players. Like @AceSJus stated, people would be able to exploit this a lot and use it to their advantage which if it were added it would end up getting removed instantly because of all the problems it would cause. Maybe if you created a different thread and removing the idea of transferring gems with other people you might get more positive attention towards this idea and possibly end up getting accepted.

Yours Sincerely,

Posted Jan 12, 2020
    SnKn_Crunch likes this.
  9. Thank you for taking the time in writing this idea. This idea has been brought up many times in the past and is not possible to do; firstly, it would fall against the EULA (the End User Licence Agreement) that doesn't permit soft currency exchange from one account to the other. The idea also comes with severe risks where it can allow players to scam one another and could be problematic if an account gets compromised where the compromiser can move the gems to another account.

You can still use gems to buy kits for games or as @Monkqy stated, you can donate your gems to community banks. Due to these factors, the idea is not planned. I'll have to lock this thread and apply the "Not Planned" tag. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to PM me!

Thread locked >> Idea not planned

Posted Jan 12, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.