• 1276 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 3360 Players Online
  • 2084 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion TNT Wars

Discussion in 'New Game Discussion' started by Helpingcreeper, Sep 10, 2019.

Tags:
?

would you want this as a Mineplex minigame

Poll closed Sep 17, 2019.
  1. Yes

33.3%
  2. No

66.7%
  1. I was thinking that not many servers have TNT wars. TNT is a game where 2 teams build TNT cannons and have to kill the other players in order to win the game. but to add on you should be allowed to cross over to the other teams side after 5 minutes. Just another thing to add is kits. One of the kits should give you slowness but iron gear and a diamond sword. The second should have all leather with a diamond sword and power 1 bow and an invis potion 30 seconds. The 3rd and final kit should be called the Ender kit because they should get purple leather armor with iron boots and a iron helmet, a stone sword and 3 pearls that will regenerate after 10 seconds. Hope you liked this idea and hopefully player will like it if it ever becomes a game.

If you do Admin please notify me and please give me some credit.

kit names

1. Tank

2. Ninja

3. Ender

Posted Sep 10, 2019
  2. TNT wars is a good 2v2 mini game when playing with 3 other friends, however on servers it can cause a few issues. One main issue of TNT wars is griefing your teammate’s cannon, whether it is on purpose or accident. Another server with TNT wars saw this issue and implemented a feature which didn’t allow you to blow up your own teams structures but this allowed for cannons to not require water and made cannons easily exploitable. I could see TNT wars being good for 1v1s however I don’t believe 2v2s would work. I love the mini game and concept however I think it needs quite a bit of tweaking.

Posted Sep 10, 2019
  3. Hello!

I've played Tnt wars on other servers, and It's really fun! Though there's some issues that I have with this concept. Mineplex already has a basic, similar type game mode called bomb lobbers. I know that this isn't the same game, but hear me out. A lot of people would get confused distinguishing these two games, especially if they are new. In a way, it doesn't really fit the Mineplex style, and in my opinion wouldn't be that popular. Building cannons has a variety of issues. From my past experience on the other servers, it can seriously lag the game lobby out. Maybe there should be some sort of limit on what cannons you can build? Redstone would definitely have to be limited, and if I had it my way, I'd remove red stone entirely (If that's what you intend on using for cannons). Also, you said that after 5 minutes, the teams could go to each others side.That would be a fly hacker's dream, but I guess I see where you want to incorporate the kits in.

Due to this having too many issues that may not be a pleasant experience for a lot of players, I'll be giving this a -1 for now. I'd love to see other opinions and maybe modifying this may help!

Posted Sep 11, 2019
    Xukuri and Dallarth like this.
  4. I have played this game before and imo it's fun to play and relatively simple. If this was added thought there would need to be a link you can find somewhere in the game lobby that shows how to build basic tnt tnt cannons.

Posted Sep 11, 2019
  5. I'm going to have to agree with @Hiccuping on this one. Mineplex already has Bomb Lobbers, a game mode with a very similar concept. The only real difference is that you're unable to cross to the other teams side in Bomb Lobbers, and I don't think implementing an entirely new game mode for that singular feature would be a good use of time. I love that you've put a lot of thought into the kits, but unfortunately it's a -1 from me due to how similar this game mode is to Bomb Lobbers.

Posted Sep 11, 2019

6. Hey there,

I see where you are coming from but this gamemode already sort of exists, It's called Bomb Lobbers, It has similarities to what you are suggesting but instead of building a TNT Cannon you are immediately given Throwing TNT every amount of seconds which then you have to throw to the opposite side where the enemies are located at, You are also given a special power up in a way where you can double jump to escape the TNT,

I'm going to leave a video below where you can find gameplay of this gamemode on the Java Edition.
    - Quick Edit: This video is a bit outdated, most kits have been updated but this is just a foundation for the gamemode -

Kind regards
    - Sakeusi

Posted Sep 11, 2019,
    Last edited Sep 11, 2019