• 220 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5495 Players Online
  • 5275 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Tired of being accused of hacking..

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by LG122yt, Sep 14, 2021 at 11:58 PM.

1. Hello everyone, I have played a fair share of games on Mineplex (bedrock) and noticed a few hackers here and there, I have been falsely accused of hacking myself in mineplex chat but didn't mind it as much, but now I receive a lot hate comments on Xbox messages and on Youtube, along with threats to get reported and get my Youtube channel deleted by them, I later decided to delete my channel myself because i was tired of all this. Only reason I'm talking about this now though is mostly because I recently applied for an position of Moderation and 2 days later, this player by the name of "Toxic N Thic" started accusing me and reported me for using "kill arua". later uploading a video of what she called "proof" of me hacking..

There are many factors she Didn't even account for such as Lag, latency, combos, etc.

I'm afraid this might ruin my chance of applying for moderation and get falsely banned from the server.

Posted Sep 14, 2021 at 11:58 PM
  2. i noticed the video she sent is in unlisted but that doesn't change the fact she won't show it to the admins and falsely accused

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 15, 2021 at 12:03 AM
  3. 1) I don't see anything involving cheats here, the video seems insufficient since a lot of factors can be taken into account with said "evidence". Whether you get banned or not is up to the Reports Patrol team, and if they find this sufficient or not. If it's not sufficient under their requirements, the report will be denied and nothing will happen.

2) Ignore toxic people, nothing will happen by people just claiming you're cheating with no sufficient evidence of you actually cheating. If this is accepted but it's a false ban, and it's looked into and deemed it was after you make an appeal, nothing will happen to your application. So you got nothing to fear!

Posted Sep 15, 2021 at 1:48 AM
    FoxyStorm likes this.
  4. completely agree with what @Kyuine stated above… while yes, getting banned will put your chances of being on the staff team on hold, this evidence doesn’t seem very sufficient for a ban. i wouldn’t stress over it at all

Posted Sep 15, 2021 at 9:45 AM
    Kyuine likes this.
  5. Seems like lag, i used to play call of duty all the time, and it was a constant of being accused of hacking, its always funny, its like im this good? lol

Posted Sep 15, 2021 at 10:29 AM
  6. Getting hackusated is never fun, however it terms of your moderation application, you will probably be denied as you have not had a forum account for over two weeks.

If you go to: https://www.mineplex.com/bat2/,
    >Read the denial Reasons>Forums it will state "...are required to have been registered on the Mineplex Xenforo website (mineplex.com) for at least two weeks,..." you can probably message a recruiter with the link [to your application] to cancel your application, but it won't be accepted, (and is usually denied on the first day) if the basic requirement aren't meet.

Also, after watching this video, which looks mostly like reach (if it isn't just a ping/lag issue which it could be), Reports Patrol can't get players punished for using reach, and that responsibility is exclusively taken care of by the QA team.

Posted Sep 15, 2021 at 10:40 AM,
    Last edited Sep 15, 2021 at 10:46 AM
    Kyuine likes this.
  7. I completely understand, thanks for the help

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 15, 2021 at 11:29 AM
  8. I have noticed that in the video, the Fov seemed a bit off. Could be that the Fov made it look as if it were further away than it actually is

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 15, 2021 at 11:49 AM
  9. FOV, ping, connection, CPS, and movement all come into play in this video. Unless it is a blatant video of kill aura (this doesn’t seem blatant at all), the reason that player may have reported you for, you don’t have to worry about anything.

Posted Sep 15, 2021 at 11:52 AM
    LG122yt and Kyuine like this.
  10. I understand that why they are calling a hacker and at first i thought he is but looking at the video more lag played a big part as shown in the video. just ignore them and then your fine. :)

Posted Sep 15, 2021 at 11:56 AM
    LG122yt likes this.
  11. That clip certainly makes you look suspicious, and I had a report on a guy get accepted and the guy himself got punished based on a bunch of similar clips(the main difference tho, is that I submitted MULTIPLE clips of the guy possibly cheating over a period of multiple games, and even days, here it just seems to be one clip, which is kind of insufficient, and btw I am not sure if he is still banned). I am not saying that you are cheating, but what I am saying is that this clip makes you look like you are, but again: More evidence would be needed to make a proper judgement

Posted Sep 15, 2021 at 3:30 PM
  12. Hi, as I'm on Reports Patrol, if I got a report with this evidence I'd definitely call it insufficient. There's no headsnapping that would give away kill aura, it's an obvious combo, there's a stop in between while kill aura would usually keep targetting you or other entities, the list goes on - I wouldn't worry.

People can hackusate all the time and your best bet is simply to ignore them. If they start harassing you in private messages, don't be shy to block them as well. If they report you and you weren't hacking, don't worry about it. Reports don't hinder your chances of joining the staff team unless they are actually sufficient and as I mentioned before, this doesn't seem it. The only thing I can imagine someone trying to pull from here is reach, which isn't even punishable through forum reports, although it still doesn't look like it considering the FOV, lag, and combos.

If you did happen to get falsely banned from the server, you are always free to make an appeal at mineplex.com/appeals. If it was from a forum report, which would have "[FR]" at the end of the ban reason, the appeals team will review the evidence that got you punished and decide if it is sufficient or not. For false bans it's also helpful if you manage to provide evidence that show you weren't hacking, for example, a clip just as you got banned by a staff member or GWEN in-game, situations that you probably wouldn't come across often on Bedrock, if ever, so don't stress too much!

Posted Sep 15, 2021 at 4:03 PM
  13. Good to know, thank you

Although I do have one question: why is reach not punishable through forum reports? Isn't it hacking, which is punishable through forum reports? Not to mention that having to report reach elsewhere makes this report system insanely impractical for the user, as not only does the user/player need to have video evidence of reach being used, and (at least that's what I assume) a discord account aside of a (maybe) already existing account on the forum and needs to be on the discord, just so he can report one kind of cheats elsewhere coz its not punishable if you report it one way for... whatever the reasoning here even possibly could be

Posted Sep 15, 2021 at 6:00 PM
  14. Or when a Hacking hacker calls you a hacker for hacking when you aint hacking but hes the one hacking lol

Posted Sep 15, 2021 at 6:35 PM
  15. Reach isn't punishable by forum reports because video evidence of another player alone doesn't show the actual behaviour the player had, and taking into account lag and Mineplex's custom combat which is a lot different from vanilla, it can often be unclear as to whether someone is reaching or not (especially when it's only slight). From GWEN logs, everything can be seen, which is why it is solely left to GWEN, with QA being able to punish for it through logs as well.

Posted Sep 16, 2021 at 4:04 AM
    Diestraction and Evgeen like this.
  16. I don't see why you deleted your channel here. Just because you got a lot of accusations for hacking doesn't mean you should give up really.

They might just be jealous your skill.

Posted Sep 16, 2021 at 4:26 AM
  17. Meanwhile, the "Video Evidence":

[Note: I AM JUST JOKING, DO NOT TAKE IT SERIOUSLY]

and now seriously: I understand that video evidence might usually not be enough to detect reach, BUT, the anticheat does not seem too reliable at it either, just the fact the guy in the clip( I DID REPORT HIM BTW) managed to remain in the game for a very long time(almost until it ended) despite doing this and... well, more(again: I reported him, and I got a second clip of him too) kind of proves GWEN is unreliable, not to mention that it is actually kind of visible if/when someone uses reach, people wouldn't report reach hackers if they didn't see them do it, I know the FOV might make hits at normal range feel as if reach was there, but you can still accurately measure the distance by simply looking at the blocks below you

I understand that mineplex's pvp is different, but I do not think even mineplex's pvp allows people to hit each other with swords and fists from distances higher than 3 or 4 blocks, maybe 5 in specific scenarios.

And also: If you got access to GWEN's logs, then why do you simply not check them when someone gets reported for reach on the forums?

and even if you can't access gwen's logs, I am pretty sure SOMEONE can, and why don't they check reach reports then?

Posted Sep 16, 2021 at 12:50 PM
  18. That’s dead reach. GWEN on bedrock is absolutely trash and the checks are a complete joke. They don’t ban for reach on bedrock I think. Unless you were fighting this one guy with 15+ block reach that was really blatant.

Posted Sep 16, 2021 at 1:06 PM,
    Last edited Sep 16, 2021 at 1:12 PM
    20LeeBrian1 and Diestraction like this.
  19. Unfortunately for Java if the QA member is not in the game, logs cannot be grabbed. For Bedrock specifically, it works a bit differently - I can't go into too much detail, but there rarely are players able to be sufficiently punished for reach.

I know it can be really annoying seeing hackers, but hopefully in the future we can make improvements so it isn't as much of an issue. As of right now, I suggest for sticking around for a bit longer to see if said reacher is using other types of hacks. Most of the time they use other things like KA along with reach, which we can all punish for easily.

Posted Sep 16, 2021 at 1:45 PM
    Diestraction likes this.
  20. I am completely aware of this, and that's the point I tried to prove. Why not use video evidence, when the anticheat just ignores the very thing its supposed to detect?

Also: Why would they not ban reach hackers on bedrock? I understand lag may sometimes look like reach, but I think the difference between lag and reach usually is visible, especially to a trained mod, and even if its(somehow) not, then I would rather ban a few people who are innocent but look like they are cheating rather than let cheaters roam free because there is a chance they are innocent. This exact mentality is what kills other famous games that have cheater problems too, like CS:GO for example

And I haven't even mentioned the bigger problem(which both cs and mineplex share too): Closet cheaters, ones that make themselves look innocent, by either hiding the cheats, or buying a rank and getting a high level account. I have reported one guy back in the day, I recently joined the discord and saw the guy there being perfectly fine, and a few searches of his messages on open chats from the last month make it seem like he wasn't even banned or got unbanned shortly after

[Not gonna say who it is btw, just bc he might be cheating doesn't mean he deserves to have his privacy violated, and yes, I am not sure if he is cheating, he got unbanned for some reason for sure]

Look: I am not saying that you should ban people for being too good or having ping issues that make it hard for others to play against them, but you should ban people who are very suspicious(especially the ones who are repetitively suspicious) even if there is a chance they are innocent, even if it means a massive banwave of high level players just for being sus, the game is always more important than its players, especially the players that ruin the game the hardest anyway. A lot of high lvl players are also quite the tryhards, their playstyle(and them being in parties) makes the game hard to enjoy for other players, especially newer ones who(as we all know by now) mineplex is desparate for, the only problem I see with banning them is a spam of punishment appeals, and potential revenue loss due to them often having ranks and buying cosmetics

But tbf, the wave of new players that would be caused by banning people like that could potentially make up for it, the main reason why mineplex is "dying" and lacks new players are the cheaters(closet and blatant ones) as well as sweats and tryhards, banning as many cheaters as you can and a few of the sweats/tryhards who are very suspicious of doing so might just do the trick, or at least stop the player counts from declining massively

I think mineplex needs to realise that they should not adjust the game and their report report system just so that you can assure the people you ban are 100% guilty, they should adjust these things so that they ban as many cheaters as you can so that you can have as many players as you can enjoying the game without being bothered. even if it means making GWEN be super strict with what behaviors it detects as cheating, I am aware GWEN can't ban players so why not make it go harder on possible cheating?

Pretty sure the innocent players would be able to return and learn NOT to do things that might potentially get them kicked, and the cheaters would be kept out as they simply would get kicked over and over again as they try to cheat

OR perhaps mineplex could separate the sweats, tryhards and cheaters from the rest, put suspected hackers, sweats and tryhards into lobbies other from other players, that way a new player could enjoy the game and a sus looking, maybe innocent sweat or tryhard would not have to get banned, as he won't be interfering with the people that hate them and want to get rid of them the most, not to mention providing an extra challenge for said tryhards which might be just the thing to get tryhards from other servers over to mineplex due to them being able to play cake wars, skywars, etc. in the most competitive environment they can get from a minecraft bedrock server, I didn't see a ranked gamemode or a mode that separates good players from bad and new players on a bedrock server yet, why not give it a try?

the only problem I see is that maybe mineplex might not be able to afford bc of the pandemic and the servers already bad state, not to mention that I heard word on some other threads that mineplex's staff(especially the "higher ups" is not very active, although idk if that's true

(BTW now that I think about it the massive amounts of cheating might be caused by said tryhards, and sweats, whether its just bc they are too good and maybe look like cheaters, or potentially closet cheating)

EDIT: sry for writing that much incase you don't want to read it, but I got a little to hard into it to stop myself

Posted Sep 16, 2021 at 2:13 PM