• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7115 Players Online
  • 4225 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Tips for Speed Builders

Discussion in 'Speed Builders' started by JustOvi_, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Heyy, I hope everyone is having a good day ! I play a lot of speed builders and I want to help new players that want to start playing this gamemode ! If you have any tips that you want to give them or an advice you can drop it here !

Posted Apr 29, 2020
    RainbowUnicornGM, Kippy_ and Loofii like this.
  2. Hey there!

I would recommend to keep memorizing the build and don't just think you have it done halfway through the wait time and just sit around until it's build time. I've lost a bunch of games because I think I have the build down and I stop trying to memorize it and when build time starts I have no clue what I'm doing.

Grizzlyyyyyyy

Posted Apr 29, 2020
    BannableName, Kippy_ and JustOvi_ like this.
  3. Dimensions, dimensions, dimensions! A thing I like to do with the memorization of builds is to look for block structures that I can count the dimensions of. This is particularly helpful on animal builds, which can usually be separated into two blocks: the head and the body. The body block is generally something like 3x2 or 4x2, and they're mostly all have a depth of 3 (when viewed from the side). Then, if you memorize the dimensions of the head, you've got most of the blocks down! Even if you don't get the fine details, unless it's the last two players you should be able to pass through!

Another tip is that it's usually faster to build the flags in layers of 2 instead of either one by one horizontally or in columns. You can stand atop your two blocks and place the next two below you. This tip also helps on ones like the Diamond Block. Standing atop a 2-block-high structure then placing down the two blocks on either side of you is a rather fast way to build.

Posted Apr 29, 2020
  4. Hey, Love the idea to help the newer players out!

Of course I am no professional and there are so many people out there that are 100% better than me, just thought I'd share some tips that I learned and helped me at getting a bit better at the game.

If you're just starting out, I would recommend playing a lot, The main priority in my opinion before the speed factor is making sure you know the builds and their layouts, you can spend time learning them but just playing a lot in general, over time you will begin to memorise the builds and eventually to the point where you don't need to memorise anymore and I guess it comes natural as soon as you see them pop up.

After you have the build's layout down, I would then recommend trying to focus on your speed. Being able to click your right click button at a fast rate is definitely beneficial to your speed when completing these builds. I recommend using certain clicking techniques such as Jitter clicking, to help you place them blocks faster! A lot of it is also to do with aim. I know that sounds weird in a building game but you point your cursor where you place the blocks therefore meaning that aim is a huge factor within your speed. I could try to explain how to get better at aiming but really once again, I found the more you play the more you get used to your sensitivity and your aim naturally gets better.

To summarise in the beginning try to get the layout of the builds down, and from there it will all be a breeze and you will be getting faster in no time!

Hope I helped some people out!

Posted Apr 29, 2020
  5. Hey there!

For tips I would give for new Speed Builders players, I would say to look for patterns. Every build has them! They can be as simple as 3x3 squares, or a bit more complicated ones like the build C O L O R S. After you do have all the builds memorized, it is time to figure out the hotbar slots for the builds, this might sound like a daunting task, but after a bit of learning, I am confident any player can figure them out. To figure out the hotbar slots its best to learn then one build at a time, for example, lets pick and easy one, Isometric! This build has 3 different blocks, red clay, yellow clay, and green clay. I personally start with the green clay, so what I would do is go over to the green clay and wait for build time to end, once it does end I will check my hotbar to see where the green clay is. The green clay in Isometric is in slot 3, so I will take note of this. Now next time the build comes up, I will know that green clay is in slot 3. Memorizing the rest is pretty easy, it is all just muscle memory, after you figure out the slot of the block you start with, and practice the build a few times, the rest will come to you naturally. Another way to memorize hotbar layouts is by looking at where the blocks are on the build island. The block most North West on the f3 menu will be in slot 1 and the block most South East will be in the last slot. Ok so now you have all the builds and hotbar layouts down, now it is time to start working on that speed! Gaining speed in Speed Builders generally takes a long time, so don't feel down if you do not see immediate results. There is both a physical and mental part to this, lets start with the physical part. My first tip to getting faster, is to stop using the scroll wheel, and start hotkeying! What is hotkeying? Well hotkeying is when you use the 9 numbers on the top of your keyboard to switch slots. If you are already used to scrolling it might feel a bit weird using this method to change blocks, but trust me, it really pays off, the results will speak for themselves. My next tip is to make sure you are sprinting, a lot of players casually walk around their build, THIS WASTES TIME! You want to be running to the next block you are going to be placing as fast as you can! My next tip is to choose a clicking method. There are two clicking methods that work good for Speed Builders, Jitter Click, and Butterfly Click. Jitter Clicking is when you tense up your entire arm, stiffening it allowing you to click by moving your arm slightly instead of moving your finger up and down. Butterfly click is when you use two fingers instead of one, and alternate them when you click. I recommend if you use butterfly to click in bursts of 2 or 3. Butterfly is a bit challenging to learn but I think it is worth it. I use butterfly click because it is less tiring to use and I personally think it is faster. For the mental aspect of getting faster, the thing I have to say the most is, DO NOT COMPARE YOURSELF TO OTHERS! I have seen so many players fail and give up because they keep telling themselves things like "I will never be as fast as duckle", "I will never be as good as Arcxire" , "I will never be as cool as Kippy". If you compare yourself to who are better than you, and tell yourself you will never be as good as them, there is a super high chance that you won't even be as good as them. Be confident in yourself, try to beat your times and not the times of others. You also must challenge yourself, play games with pros, and you will eventually become one yourself, trust me, that is exactly what I did, and all the other players who are fast beyond belief. We are very nice and would love to help any player succeed in getting better at the game. My final tip is, don't give up, if you want to get better at the game, you can, you got this!

Posted Apr 29, 2020
  6. This was an amazing text WOW ! I love the part when you say "I will never be as cool as Kippy" xD I think that this will help a lot of new players <3 Have a nice day :D

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 29, 2020
    Kippy_ likes this.
  7. Thanks <3 I think that what you said was extremely helpful and not too specific. Short and good, that's what I like haha. Have a nice day :D

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Apr 29, 2020
  8. Play the game a lot, which will make you remember most builds. That's what my friend Incarcio did. He played the game everyday, resulting in him memorizing every single build.

Posted Apr 29, 2020
    JustOvi_ and RainbowUnicornGM like this.
  9. use a autoclicker. Or just play a lot and memorize the builds

Posted May 11, 2020
  10. I don't know if this was a joke or not, but I'm pretty sure that autoclickers are totally against the rules. hahaha

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 11, 2020
    PewDiePizza likes this.
  11. If you know getting a perfect is not possible for whatever reason, whip out that phone, and take pictures. This is faster than a screenshot, because you can look at the picture and build at the same time. You need to minimize Minecraft to study the screenshot, remember what you just saw, and then go back, too time consuming.

Report a User | Report a Bug | Rules | My Profile | Applications

Posted May 12, 2020
    Johnny Welamton likes this.
  12. Thanks for all the tips!

Posted May 12, 2020
    _Prof_ likes this.
  13. I always use that method whenever I play, it's probably the most important part. If you get those wrong you are scoring either 0 or a very low rating.

Posted May 12, 2020
  14. Don't worry, I was just kidding! :)

I would never, EVER unironically advocate for cheating of any kind.

Posted May 12, 2020
    JustOvi_ likes this.
  15. Here is an important one: memorize square roots and cube roots up to 7, since the area in which you can build is 7x7 and I believe the height is also 7 (correct me if i'm wrong), so that if you were slacking, and yo uget 25 total blocks you can think HMMM MAYBE IT WAS A 5x5 SQUARE

Posted May 18, 2020
  16. Hello!!!

Thank you so much for posting this! I recently starting trying to play more speed builders and these have been very helpful! I really try to memorize the dimensions but I always get lost in the middle. I'll definitely be using these tips!

<3

Posted May 18, 2020
    JustOvi_ likes this.
  17. I suggest countingg!! Look at everything see what blocks are how many from others how many there are of a single block in an area, and keep memorizing the entire time you have to look at the build!

Posted May 19, 2020
  18. I am no pro that is for sure but I do have a few strategies that work for me.

One: Count Count Count and Count again. During the time before I am consistently counting. If you do not know the dimensions it could really hurt you.

Two: Focus on the bigger items of the build. If you focus on the small things like where a villager goes or something and then forget where or what the actual build is supposed to be then you will have some very big problems.

Three: Find an identifier block. For me this is either a center block that is on the ground or a corner block of the structure. I do this so that I do not lose track of where the build is supposed to go. In my very fist game it came down to me and one other person and I built the structure in this case a heart in the wrong spot and ended up losing. Making sure that your build is where it is supposed to be is vital to success.

So those are my tips. I hope they help!

Posted May 19, 2020
    PewDiePizza likes this.
  19. A few questions. 1. Is there a list of all builds I can use to memorize them all? 2. Would you recommend changing the controls to hotkeys so that it is easier to reach them? 3. Should I change the controls so that left click places blocks and right click breaks them, to make it easier to build fast?

Posted May 21, 2020
  20. My controls have always been like this even before I played speed builders, so I can say that it is a lot easier to place blocks this way. However, if you aren't used to playing like that it can be really confusing and more difficult to teach your muscle memory a whole new method. So keep that in mind.

Also, a general tip to add to the thread: just play. In the end, the more you play the more likely you'll remember the builds and the more shortcuts you'll find to completing builds. Get a solid knowledge of the majority of the builds that could come up before starting to try anything really fancy. In the end, you'll see that ones you couldn't do before you'll eventually come to know. :)

Posted May 21, 2020