• 1076 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 9514 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Tips for Fighting Blaze and Wolf?

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by Evira, Aug 24, 2019.

1. I'm an Iron Golem main and currently struggling to fight against these two kits. Especially against the Firefly ability and a Wolf that plays like a tryhard xCYBER_

Give me some wisdom o' wise veterans :D

Posted Aug 24, 2019
    FruitVegetables likes this.
  2. Hi there!

Iron Golem in fact has a huge hitbox, which means any kit such as Blaze, Wolf, Spider etc automatically have an advantage when it comes to melee. Blaze in particular has speed 1 throughout, giving it the melee advantage straight off the bat. Wolf has a different jump velocity, similar to spider, in which both jump very quick, making them hard to hit and keep up with. I myself am a wolf main, and fighting an iron golem is the wolfs strength, because each hit stacks up damage, and with a huge hitbox and slowness one, the iron golem is easy to hit.

Therefore here are my tips for Blaze:
    Use your Iron Hook to cancel their firefly before their ability has actually charged. Hitting a blaze as soon as they have activated firefly actually cancels their ability.

Play less aggressive, let the blaze come to you, and time your abilities well to deal the most damage. Usually, it's normally a hit with the iron hook, then hit with fissure, then hit with seismic slam. It deals a ton of damage if you can hit these right.

For Wolf:

Wolf has very little health compared to the iron golem, and so even landing 2-3 hits will cause the wolf to retreat or start an alternative attack. Using the iron hook if you're being crit out or stuck in a combo can lure the wolf away, and stop their hits from gradually stacking damage, eventually killing you. I think that using your abilities over melee is a more sufficient way of killing a wolf. If you feel confident enough to trade hit with a wolf and think you'll win the fight, go for it, but both of the kits's regen are slow compared to other kits, and so hitting wolf with multiple abilities before going into melee is almost a guaranteed way of killing the wolf. As I mentioned before, a wolf's armour gives it very little health compared to you.

I hope these tips could help you! Let me know how you get on with them, or if you want them to be explained in more detail, also let me know! Peace!

4G0

Posted Aug 24, 2019
    Yato likes this.
  3. tbh, blaze is a problem for everyone unless you're super pro at the game.
    It's too op, firefly, inferno both abilities doesn't really require that much skills and is often spammed.
    Sorry but I don't really have any good tips rather then, try to cancel the firefly.
    Tut as for wolf,
    it may be annoying yes, for it's ability ravage makes it deal more damage each hit, but wolf is a light kit and has a little health. I suggest iron hooking the wolf. If you aren't that good at aiming, try to seismic slam.
    It will deal decent knockback and damage. Hope you found this helpful.
    Again, somebody nerf blaze.

Posted Aug 24, 2019
    PapiKirito likes this.
  4. As a wolf main, I would say the easiest way to kill wolves is to get solid melee attacks in and use your abilities in case they start to retreat. Iron hook can pull them back towards you and you can get the killing blow, and with seismic slam you can catch up to them if they use wolf strike to get to high ground. Playing in close quarters is also a good way to kill a wolf because they can't jump around you and get crit stacks. Hope this helps :)

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  5. For blaze: Dodge the inferno and then play aggro against the blaze, trying to kill them in melee. Keep on them so that you can cancel their firefly if they try to recover.

For wolf: Avoid being cub tackled at all costs. Try to jump out of the way if they charge straight at you. Then when you know their abilities have been used, try to melee them.

Posted Aug 24, 2019
  6. blaze will try to keep distance, using inferno and firefly to drain your hp and then usually melee you for the kill. don't let them. your armor is ridiculously good, so they might as well be tickling you with inferno. use your abilities to keep pressure on them, and if they firefly, hook or just meleeing them out of it will easily gimp them. if they run, hook them. if they engage, hook them. hook is just a good tool in general, can lead to a lot of damage and setups. try not to waste slam since if you get hit off the edge without it they can go in with absolutely no fear because of the low cooldown + incredible distance of firefly. you're slow, but you win trades by default and can stack your abilities very well. blaze is generally a matchup you should be winning (though it is skewed slightly against golem)

wolf is a bit more difficult. your slowness + wolf's speed + ravage can turn you into combo fodder very quickly if you're not careful. however, a good wolf player will always be on edge since, with wolf's low armor, even just a few hits from you can put them in kill territory. capitalize on this - trade hits with them and when (not if) they retreat, use your abilities to finish them.

don't play either of these kits but if you want to practice your golem hmu and we can 1v1 some

Posted Aug 24, 2019
    Evira and Yato like this.
  7. @4G0 Ohhhh! Now I see why Wolves always run away after getting hit from me twice :O Thanks for your wisdom, elder veteran! :D

@__TacoCat__ Yea, SSM should really get an update especially to fix the bows!

@Galacksee
    Well, the reason why this thread is up is because there are Wolf players who did jump around me and get crit stacks, hence described as "tryhard xCYBER_"

@whatsup34 Ahh, so I should go full on Rambo attack on Blazes. And I'll have to memorise Wolf's abilities' countdowns! Thanks for your wisdom, elder veteran! :D

@matrixyst Alright, looks like I'll have to perfect my Flesh Hook game! And I have to intimidate Wolves by brushing attacks off as if "tis' but a scratch" to trade them to death!

Thanks for all your wisdom, wise veterans! Bless my journey to become a full-fledged Iron Golem! :D

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 25, 2019
    4G0 likes this.
  8. Honestly, I do not find blaze entirely difficult to fight normally. Reasoning being is that if you are a squid, you can simply use super squid to negate damage and knockback delivered by firefly. A lot of blazes uses the bait and switch strat where they use firefly, run away, jump off the map and then use firefly to attack. let them come to you. You can also fight fire with fire in that you can also be a blaze, which negates any damage done by their inferno ability.

With Wolf, that's a toughy. Whenever I see someone playing as a wolf, I usually go for the Snow Golem kit. Reasining being is that the passive of the snow aura will deal more knockback which helps get the wolf off of you especially if they use cub or wolf tackle. Aditionally, since wolves can only win by close-up melee, the blizzard helps to stop wolves from spamming the jump key and making them extremely hard to see.

Posted Aug 25, 2019
    xOeuf likes this.
  9. I'm pretty sure Snow Aura reduces their knockback lol. Idk though, the wording on the description is weird, it's either 60% kb or 160% kb.

Posted Aug 25, 2019
  10. I only want to counter them as Iron Golem, reasoning being @AnIdiotInATree could rekt everyone using Iron Golem.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 26, 2019
  11. The snow reduces kb taken by the snowman, it doesn’t increase the kb dealt by the snowman

Posted Aug 26, 2019
  12. That's because he is a closet cheater

Posted Aug 26, 2019
    _JPXFRD_ likes this.
  13. Blaze tips:

Probably the biggest thing for the iron golem vs blaze matchup is to respect the blaze's firefly. What I mean by this is to not try to challenge it, as most of iron golem's options are too slow to cancel firefly unless you react to it swiftly. If they jump off the map and use firefly low, you can try timing a seismic slam if you are confident when their firefly will end and where they will be by the end of the move. The most optimal time to trade is when you are not on fire. You will take the least knockback and it'll be a decent amount harder to combo you.

It's all about keeping up pressure as well. Try to throw out fissures that cause them to move away and then push them with an iron hook. If you are not comfortable with an aggressive option, you could always just run back and look for a better opening.

Wolf tips:

Wolf is easily iron golem's worst matchups, and iron golem will always lose to it if both players are of equal skill level. Baiting out cub tackle is essential as if they don't have cub tackle its harder for them to get free damage. If you get stuck in a cub tackle though, if you think your opponent will rush you instantly, you should use seismic slam. When you slam under cub tackle's slowness, you don't go upwards and the move will activate after one second. If you think they will go for a safe option such as a triple jump mix-up into wolf strike, unfortunately the only 2 options you really have is going for an extremely risky read with fissure or to just click while under the slowness and try to get a lucky hit to trade with them or stop their wolf strike.

Trading with wolf is ridiculously hard, as the hitbox of wolf is very small and they have direct double jump. The only way you can really improve trading with wolf is your aim and double jumping correctly. The best way to double jump in iron golem trades against direct double jump kits is to go for triple jumps or shortened double jumps which occur when you time a triple jump extremely late.

If you play against an extremely reckless wolf, you could also try to go for cheesy kills with iron hook by jumping above the void and then hooking them downwards. Reckless wolves also tend to be easier to trade hits with because they will always tend to double jump straight into you, which almost always guarantees trading with them.

General tips with dealing against annoying kits:

Blaze and wolf are both very agitating kits to fight against, but a lot of annoying kits tend to be very gimmick based. For example, blaze's gimmick is firefly. Firefly is blaze's main approach option, and without it, blaze is severely weakened. If you can counter the gimmicks of annoying kits, fighting them will become much easier.

Message to Evira:

I'm flattered that you "want to rekt everyone like I do with iron golem," but the main reason why there is no other iron golems that are as dominating as I am is mostly because of my melee. If you don't have strong melee, learning golem isn't worth it. You'll just consistently lose trades, even if you land a decent amount of your abilities. You're probably better off learning a conventional top tier such as spider or wolf, but if you don't enjoy those kits you can always also play easy high tiers such as skeleton horse, slime, or creeper.

lul ok

Posted Aug 26, 2019,
    Last edited Aug 26, 2019
  14. Dont't deny it

Posted Aug 27, 2019
  15. So much to unpack and so many wisdom, truly an Iron Golem God! I'll keep these proverbs in mind as I continue to master the kit. Thank you! :D

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Aug 27, 2019
  16. Against Blaze: You better be good at aiming your hooks otherwise you're never catching them and getting inferno spammed to death with your massive hitbox

Against Wolf: Yeah what Tree said, if you don't hit melees, and either bait tackle or slam them away when stuck in it, you're dead

Posted Aug 31, 2019
  17. Hey!
    The Iron Golem mob has a lot of health and strong abilities, it's quite unfortunate that the hitbox is massive for the IG but that's just how it is. TIps to fighting a blayze player would most likely try to keep some space between you and the Blayze because their 'flamethrower' ability doesn't have that much distance. It's better off if you try to snipe them with your hook instead of charging them and doing a ground slam.
    Some tips on how to fight against the wolf mob:
    1: Try using your slam ability against the wolf as it has a pretty good range, I would not recommend that you try to hit them as they're just to fast and the hitbox is extremely small.
    2: Try to get the high ground on the wolf players because they're abilities aren't that great for climbing up high places and if you were to get the high ground on a wolf player you can use your hook ability to attack them from above.

Posted Aug 31, 2019