• 321 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2900 Players Online
  • 2579 Players on Bedrock
  • us.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Tips for Becoming a Decent Hunter Legitimately

Discussion in 'Block Hunt' started by RepulsiveAcidicToxicSnake, Nov 1, 2019.

1. * Do not use Hitboxes/F3+B until you finish expert level since it will eliminate any significant reliance on it *

Welcome! Here are the basics:

1) [Use an MPS to do this] Memorize maps and common hiding spots. Do the smaller maps first such as Thames Square. Make sure to have your friends are not hiding so you can memorize the original map. Once you feel you have memorized the map well enough, move to {Step 2}

2) [Use an MPS with one or more players to do this] With one or more players, practice spotting them within the map you are comfortable having memorized. Make sure to only practice spotting them since that is what you need to practice at this step. Once you spot them, have them move and see if you can spot them again. Try “scanning” the block piles and other hider spots instead of going up to them each individually. A good way to do this is to find a spot with a good view. This technique will save you time. Try getting optifine mod so you can have a zoom feature to help with spotting hiders from far away. Also, practice shooting the blocks/spots from different angles since it will be a faster way of checking if a hider is there, specifically infestor since they “become” the block so memorization of blocks is useless. However, make sure you are aware that shooting a hider from far away can allow the hider to cover more distance. Once you feel like you can effectively apply your map memorization skill for spotting hiders, move to {Step 3}

3) [Still use MPS and practice this step with one or more players] Now, time to focus on a huge aspect of hunting: Archery. The main thing you need to know is deducting where the arrows came from by either the direction you are knocked back, or by the way the arrows face when they land. Also, practice archery overall such as aiming and dodging arrows. Once you feel you can do this, move to {Step 4}

4) [Still use MPS] Another trick to find out where hiders are is to change your perspective so you can see behind you or whatever. If you are being shot and can't determine where the arrows are coming from, change perspective to see a better view of being shot. Similarly, you can change perspective to see hiders trying to sneak behind you or run away from you from behind. One advantage that changing perspective is that the hiders won't know that you have changed perspective. So a hider might shoot you in the behind thinking that you won't see them, but in reality if you have a different perspective you will see them. Once you have gotten this down, move to {Step 5}

5) [Still use MPS] Practice PvP. I am honestly not an expert at PvP, so look this one up. Also, learn ways to deal with different types of hiders. Specific details about how to deal with each hider will be left for you to figure out, but for now practice these more general skills. Once you feel you have a handle on PvP, move to {Step 6}

6) [Still use MPS] Listen to hider sounds such as meows, fireworks, footsteps, ladders, doors, potion sounds, damage sounds, etc. Most people use their eyes when hunting, but remember you also have ears. Once you are able to recognize each different hider sound and what they each mean, move to {Step 7}

7) Repeat steps 1 to 6 for a different map.

Once you have memorized at least one map and can efficiently apply the other tips, then move onto the next section.

Congratulations for making it this far! You now have more knowledge on how to hunt. Now, let us continue on our hunting skills:

1) [Recommend using MPS, but not necessary] Practice using each type of hunter kit. Learn each kit's strengths and weaknesses. I would generally use leaper hunter kit, because it is the most versatile in my opinion. It is highly mobile, best armor, and has a great weapon. You can use other kits, but leaper generally gets the job done most of the time. Once you have gotten used to playing each type of hunter kit, go to {Step 2}

2) [Recommend not playing in MPS] Now it is time to combine both the different playing styles of each hunter kit, and the methods used to defeat each type of hider, as well as the other tips presented to you in beginner section. Basically, keep track of what works for you, what doesn't, and how to improve those areas. If you find that you are losing to hiders due to bad parkour skills, learn how to overcome this through either improving your parkour skills or by using leaper hunter. I would recommend recording your games and keeping some sort of log of this information. Once you feel that you have improved all of your learned skills, move to {Step 3}

3) [Recommend not playing in MPS] Hopefully you have a log of your BH "stuff" since we are going to add a specific section to it that will help you improve even further. Although you probably have improved, there are going to be specific players that you just can't seem to kill effectively or at all. This is where you need to get info on these specific players such as their hiding spots, playing styles, etc. I would recommend spectating them with an alt, or have a friend do it. Move onto {Step 4} anytime

4) [Recommend not playing in MPS] Now, it is time for you to learn from others. Basically, ask other players on how to improve hunting since there are tons of people that have more expertise at hunting than I. Another thing you can do is to follow them while they hunt, but don't do anything to annoy them since you want them to stick around so you can learn more from them. You can also check the forums or other places online as well. Every player in the top 100 of the hunter leaderboard should have advice on hunting: https://www.mineplex.com/assets/www...me=Block Hunt&type=HunterWins&boardType=Total
    Also, spectating games is a great way to have a different perspective of how hiders in a game play. Put everything you learned into your BH "journal." Once you feel you have learned a good amount, move to {Step 5}

5) [Recommend not playing in MPS] Practice, practice, practice!

Once you feel you can consistently play well as hunter, move to the next section.

Welcome to the last section on becoming a decent hunter! Let us begin:

1) Hopefully you have been keeping some sort of "journal" because now we are going to fine tune it. Basically, the goal for this step is to create a "path" for you for each map you are comfortable having memorized. Where should you go first once hunters are released? Where should you go next? What should I be doing at each instant of the game? These are just few of many questions you should be asking when hunting. Famaliarize yourself with where the hider spawn is in each game. Find out how far each hider could have gone from hider spawn upon hunters being released. Where would each hider have gone? Can you effectively eliminate areas of suspicion while moving around the map? - Radars, perspective changing, using archery to "mark" blocks/areas where you have checked, etc can all help with this question. Once you feel like you have effectively applied your BH "journal" and created a "path" for at least one map, move to {Step 2}

2) Teamwork! Get some friends, or just randoms and have them help you hunt. Find out cool combinations and strategies with them. An expert hunter alone is threatening to hiders, but an expert hunter with other relatively skilled hunters is almost unstoppable. Once you are able to effectively work with other hunters, move to {Step 3}

3) Perfect your current skills again. Basically, for each skill or tip you have learned, perfect it. Push yourselves to the ultimate limit. If you find you cannot shoot fast enough to check areas, try shooting 10 blocks from 20 blocks away within 20 seconds. Just push yourself until you cannot push yourself anymore. Once you feel like you have pushed yourself, move to {Step 4}

4) Congratulations! You have finished expert level hunting. As a "reward," turn on hitboxes since they will only speed things up for you instead of making you dependent on them.

Posted Nov 1, 2019,
    Last edited Nov 8, 2019
    FluteVegetables likes this.
  2. Lmao your IGN is literally "IHavePropHuntESP"

Posted Nov 1, 2019
  3. Yeah, people assume that just because I have ESP'd, that I have no skill. Trust me when I say I do have skill. More of knowledge and experience, than applicable skill, but still I have at least some skill at hunting. I'd probably be better at teaching people how to hunt than actually hunting, so I decided to make this thread.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 1, 2019
  4. Alright guys my name is IHavePropHuntESP and ima show you some legit ways to play block hunt! because that is totally not ironic lol

Posted Nov 1, 2019
  5. Yeah, it is pretty ironic. Although, ESP definitely helped me in learning hider spots.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 1, 2019
  6. I mean you don't need to be to-snip-ic -> a good hunter to know about how to do it now do you?

I know how to bridge and do real pvp, but that doesn't mean I'm good at those things.

Posted Nov 1, 2019
  7. He is being sarcastic, not toxic Ghoast. LOL

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 1, 2019
  8. This is a generally nice thread about hunting tips. I don't really play hunter as I mained back in the day in being a flower pot (SORRY CHICKENS) and bowspamming hunters. I think that the best tip I would give is to be observant - you need to memorise where things are in the map and how things are arranged.

I would advise the people above to try and be a bit more friendly and not call people out - you may be frustrated but we will have to give warnings if it does continue.​

Posted Nov 1, 2019
  9. Hey!

This is a nice post / thread about this topic! I personally, can't give any tips but I thnk this an amzing topic to go off of! I really see how these tips could help players in the future or in the present, have a good day!

Posted Nov 1, 2019
  10. Also i'd like to add a misc. tip: If you're on a big map like shadowed amazon, nakoji, or atlantis, and there's like 1-3 hiders left, probably going radar is a good solution because the hiders are probably spread out and not in the usual same spots at the start like near their spawn location.

Posted Nov 2, 2019
  11. I’ve done that a few times. But it’s usually in like the last minute and I have to pray that the people on my team are actually useful.
    :
    Edit 1: I actually like this guide. One thing to note, nothing is ever perfect in block hunt. There’s never going to be 2 pieces of tnt directly next to each other at the top of a pile. Another is to play as a hider. The main reason why I’m a decent hunter (who doesn’t use f3b) is because I was hider person (and played bedrock which has no f3b). Becoming a good hider is crucial to becoming a good hunter. And when I say good hider, I don’t mean a shocker who spans 12 arrows and runs around recklessly killing everything. I’m not going to share any strategies of mine as they’re my way of winning and what the BH god himself (GottaGoFasta) “taught” me. Like you said, I’d recommend having a hunter buddy to help move things along (or an ESP buddy, there’s one specifically who can relate :D)
    Edit 2: To go more in depth about being a good hider, I’m talking about using spots, houses, and whatever else to your advantage. If you get good as a hider before any of this, this will be 1,000x easier.

Posted Dec 5, 2019