• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 7826 Players Online
  • 4936 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Timer for when Cake Wars Ends and MVP

Discussion in 'Bedrock Ideas' started by MC_Minium, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Hi there,

This morning I had the most painful cakewars moment. My team had our cake destroyed first and I was the only survivor. I managed to survive until it was just me and the other guy and I managed to knock him in the void. Before he hit the void 'Cake Wars ran out of time' this was very frustrating after so much hard work. If there was a timer that was counting down how long we had left I would've played more urgently.

I also have another idea which is an MVP award. The MVP would be determined by number of kills, number of final kills and how many slices of cake they ate. The MVP would then receive some extra gems at the end of the game and get some extra XP. I think this would encourage people to try and attack more instead of sitting back and camping all game which isn't fun.

Feel free to leave your suggestions below!

Posted Jul 10, 2020
    zapig, Nebluosis, lotix and 1 other person like this.
  2. Hey there!

I never knew that the bedrock side of cake wars ran out of time since that's not the case on the java network. Adding a timer to know when the game is going to end would be a good idea and I think that should be added so everybody knows when the game is ending. I can understand how when you've been working hard throughout the game and have been trying really hard to get everyone and be the last person standing just got the game to ''end'' because it took to long. There should be some sort of timer as you suggested. On java there isn't really an ending to the game and it just goes on until someone kills the other, there is a timer on java but it only says how long the game has been going on for and not how long until the game ends. On bedrock there should be a timer somewhere, preferably on the leaderboard just saying how long the game ends for example (10.6 minutes till game end) so that everyone knows they need to hurry before the game ends.

As for your MVP Idea, I actually think this would be pretty cool. It would encourage people to fight more and be more offensive and would prevent people from camping or just hiding at there base and stacking up. The only thing I fear here is there may be an increase of spawn killing. Spawn killing isn't punishable but if people need kills to get more XP and get awarded MVP they're most likely going to spawn kill to get as many kills as they can to get MVP. This does sound like a pretty cool idea though if spawn killing wasn't a problem here. Overall your MVP idea I don't really have many issues with it besides that spawn killing one and it seems pretty good and would be a nice little change to the server.

For both of your ideas I really enjoyed them and it was really fun to be able to comment on them and give my feedback! +1

Good luck on the rest of your suggestions!

Posted Jul 10, 2020
    MC_Minium likes this.
  3. Hey!
    I recently saw a similar thread that's in discussion about this idea, which I will link here. I really loved reading everyone's opinions on this idea and I really do think this is a necessary add in, to the bedrock platform.
    Here's my post from the thread with my full opinion and thoughts:

"I agree with this idea. On the java platform for Cake Wars, it displays the amount of time you are in a game for and will warn you when theres 5 minutes left and counts down until 0 on the right side of the screen. Once it's cake rot, it also tells you how much time you are in the game for. I find this feature on java super helpful and I know how frustrating not having this feature can be on the bedrock edition because knowing when cake rot is occurring, really does matter in this game.
    I don't play on the bedrock edition often but, one time when I was, I was at the middle beacon right when cake rot occurred and got in a fight which led to me dying which was really frustrating. I know that if I would've been able to have a timer, I would have never went to the middle in the first place, and could've gotten geared up instead.
    I think this is definitely necessary for Cake Wars so that player's know how to plan for how much time they have left. I don't see any issues with adding this idea and think it could be a great feature to implement in the near future for bedrock edition."
    +1 idea

Posted Jul 11, 2020
    MC_Minium likes this.
  4. I agree with both of your ideas here. +1

The timer would be really useful and is already implemented on the Java platform, so why not have it on Bedrock. This would allow players to know when the game ends so that they can buy resources to fight before the game ends and they receive no rewards.

I also really like your MVP idea as it would encourage players to get the most kills and eat team cakes, which might make for more intriguing gameplay. It would also serve as a little reward for the player who worked the hardest in the game.

Posted Jul 11, 2020
    MC_Minium likes this.
  5. Hey!

These two ideas can really serve to go hand-in-hand. With the incentive of getting MVP, players may want to attack more and end the game sooner. On the other hand, if they don't choose to do so, the timer can help everyone know when it is best to make a necessary move for the victory. +1

Posted Jul 11, 2020
    MC_Minium likes this.
  6. I'm going to say +1 to the timer idea, I tend to just rush as soon as cake destruction happens because I never know when the game will end. As for the MVP, I am going to have to say -1. I feel like this could encourage fighting, but rather we like it or not camping is a playstyle and it could make people who play like that upset. Seeing as they wouldn't get noticed even if they win with there style of playing.

Posted Jul 11, 2020
    MC_Minium likes this.
  7. I agree with this idea here and give it a +1. I think a timer in CakeWars would be a really nice edition to add to the game, especially because CakeWars games are longer than most other games. I think there should also be warnings in chat, like “20 minutes left” or “10 minutes left”. This would just give the player a heads up in case they are not looking at the timer. I feel like the timer should appear above the players hotbar every 20 seconds then it can go back to remaining cakes and teams. Having this cycle would be important because you want players to know what teams and cakes are left but also how much time is left. The MVP award would be very cool to see and would make the game more interesting. The MVP award can have double the gems a player would normally get but the requirements to win the MVP award would be very hard. I think the requirements should be; eating 3 teams cakes and killing 10 players after their cake was eaten. This would be challenging but the reward would be worth it. I think this would be a really cool idea to see implemented and I will give +1!! Have a great day!!
    ~Degagelemming95

Posted Jul 11, 2020
    MC_Minium likes this.
  8. That is a really good idea. I think it would help. And be useful for everyone.

Posted Jul 11, 2020
    MC_Minium likes this.