• 3871 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12309 Players Online
  • 8438 Players on Bedrock
  • eu.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Timeframe for nether

Discussion in 'Survival' started by RiverLlama, Sep 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Heyo, so me and a friend are playing on the server, and we got a nether portal up, but it doesnt seem to work, I asked around and heard that it the gameworld was actually in beta (kind of) and that the nether was going to come out eventually, so I was wondering if there was an eta for the nether or whatever?

Posted Sep 16, 2018
  2. Heyo!!

At the moment we don't plan on opening up the nether and end to the players. I think if the nether world ever open up. All the Quartz would be taken up within a couple weeks and you will have to walk miles to find quartz.

~ Your Friendly Bedrock Guardian ~​

Posted Sep 17, 2018
  3. Well that is somewhat disappointing... First off, there's more to the nether than simply than simply quartz. For example, I would love to start to do some Brewing, but before I can make a brewing stand I need a blaze rod...

Posted Sep 17, 2018
  4. I think that's silly reasoning. You won't give people quartz because they'll have to walk for a bit to get it? Entire parts of the game are gone? Just be honest, hosting the other worlds is too costly or resource intensive.

Posted Sep 17, 2018
  5. A way to have both sides at ease is to create a netherworld that resets after a certain period, or that regenerates. I made a Minecraft server to learn how they work using spiggot, and found a few plugins to do that! It sure is an exciting idea. Let me know what you all think! :D

Posted Sep 17, 2018
  6. The Nether and End is currently not a planned feature for Survival.

Posted Sep 17, 2018
  7. What about all the hackers that hack in everything from the nether? You see in chat all the time people trading the stuff, and I went to one of the "shops" of someone trading and yes, they had nether stars, nether wart, blaze rods, spawners beacons and more. Are mod's going to go in survival and see about all those items people are using now? Maybe tp to them and see for yourself. A couple are not just hacking in items but flying around, and saying they are a mod.

Posted Sep 18, 2018
    Bouvi likes this.
  8. is there any plans to implement a way to get nether materials such as netherwart and blaze rods? (for potions)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Sep 18, 2018
  9. The whole thing with the nether having their quartz all eaten up wouldn't be a problem especially if everyone's isolated from each other, even in other survival maps. Though in my opinion, the end should stay closed due to someone being able to chew up the end and leave players on a 5x5 square of obsidian.

Even though I'm aware the nether or end will never be added, I just hope there is an anticheat for hackers (like say, if they get an item they're not suppose to have (or they have an item with an unrealistic enchantment applied), the game kicks them, clears their inventory, and sets a ban timer of 5 minutes).

Posted Sep 18, 2018
    Rysam Drake and JamJar like this.