• 1278 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5623 Players Online
  • 4345 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Time for an SSM Update

Discussion in 'Super Smash Mobs' started by DaGourmand, Mar 11, 2020.

?

Should SSM be the next update

1. Yes

27 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. No a different pvp game

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. No, should be some random arcade thing

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  4. No, I want new cosmetics!!!!

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  1. Now that bridges finally got an update and it only took them 18 days to do it, it seems like SSM deserves a turn. It's been over two years now.

Posted Mar 11, 2020
    QuietMyChild, Task, Jaek and 3 others like this.
  2. This has been constantly requested, hopefully the developers will listen soon and see how broken this game is.

Posted Mar 11, 2020
    Mitchy and DaGourmand like this.
  3. It would be nice to see an SSM update considering how many kits there are in the game. Yet, considering the amount of requests the community has wanted for updates from other games, it will take a while to get an update for SSM. I would understand it might be frustrating to see no updates on a game with true potential, but I think there are definitely different stuff that they have to fix, which they think are priority over updates.

However, in my opinion, SSM does not some balancing changes, and I feel bad for those that have not seen an update for a while. Considering how often Mineplex would update balance changes for a specific game, they should really make minor changes to kits that need little buffs and little nerfs to those that are considered "broken". I am not an SSM expert, but I think an unnecessary change would spark the community. Otherwise, I'd love to see a new update in SSM.

Posted Mar 11, 2020
  4. In my opinion, ssm, sg, and champs need updates the most but I think bridges and block hunt may have gotten selected because I believe the poll was alphabetical and the games at the top of the list got picked by people who just wanted their carl reward quick. That is just my theory even if it sounds a bit far fetched

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Mar 12, 2020
  5. I'd love to see an SSM update come out soon. It is definitely a classic and a game on the server that brought a lot of people to it, including myself. I'd be interested to see what sort of things could be implemented into a new SSM update. I myself have played a lot of SSM, and think that an update would definitely make the game more interesting, and raise it's player count a bit more.

Posted Mar 12, 2020
    CubicalMayhem, Vocaloiid and Dallarth like this.
  6. Honestly, I'm hoping it does happen, but given the recent polling we've had, it might just come down to which game got the most votes. I'd be happy to see a much needed SSM update, and hope that GI's efforts would be recognized in this way, but it wouldn't surprise me if other games came first, due to the massive popularity of BR, CW, and NANO in comparison to SSM.
    If there is an update, though, I do hope that all the bugs currently plaguing the game are fixed and that some kits such as villager get total reworks rather than minor tweaks. Ideally, smash crystals should get absolutely yeeted out of the game as well, in my opinion. <3

Posted Mar 12, 2020
    Vocaloiid and Im_Ken like this.
  7. Replace the smash crystal with a shrinking border and a shrinking health cap, or keep the smash crystal and remove the health regen.

Posted Mar 12, 2020
    Mitchy likes this.
  8. Shrinking border and health cap would change the game completely and would definitely not bode well for gameplay. A smash, regardless of regen, is absolutely OP for most kits. Yes, no healing would help, but spider, for example, would still destroy other kits. Wolf, golem, skeleton horse etc.. Those kits would still play fairly similar even without the regen.

Posted Mar 12, 2020,
    Last edited Mar 14, 2020
    DJPenguinPro and Mitchy like this.
  9. i dont think removing sc would be a good idea since this game is really simple and basic , so instead of remove it , lets just copy -snip- and let everyone have it after a long cool down , sc will give them a second smash which will be much more fun to play

Posted Mar 12, 2020,
    Last edited by a Moderator Mar 12, 2020
  10. Cakewars has gotten an update more recently I thought, could be wrong. And a casual game mode like nano doesn't really needs updates as much as more competitive ones like ssm, sg, minestrike and stuff. Mineplex needs to update pvp gamemodes

OP OP
  11. It shouldnt matter how popular a game is, mineplex shouldnt ignore their terrible balancing and bug fixes. I agree that nano games isnt really in need of an update since there isnt that much wrong with it. At least mineplex is trying to be interactive with their community and listening to them.

Posted Mar 12, 2020
    DJPenguinPro, DaGourmand and Mitchy like this.
  12. I want a mixed arcade update. SSM is dumb

Posted Mar 12, 2020
  13. I think the best alternative is the one in the official document for the issues with smash crystal.

It mentions a charge ability that charges up as you fight and after 2 kills you get a special ability. Its not as strong as smash and it wont guarentee a kill.

Removing smash crystal is still the easiest fix and most people can get behind it.

Posted Mar 12, 2020
    Mitchy likes this.
  14. You've only played it 3 times

OP OP
    Mitchy likes this.
  15. thats all it takes to know if you like something.

Posted Mar 12, 2020
  16. Why do you not like SSM? What was your experience when you played it your first and only 3 times? Some kits in SSM may be easy, but others take a while to get used to and become skilled with. Not all games are games that you can just hop in and be amazing at instantly.

Posted Mar 12, 2020
  17. If NANO gets updated next I'm straight up quitting mp

Posted Mar 12, 2020
  18. Honestly mineplex just needs to fix bugs in all the games so that they're playable, kinda like how some of the Bridges kb fixes carried over to clans.

Posted Mar 12, 2020
  19. Honestly, it would be awesome to see an SSM update. I used to play SSM pretty frequently back in the day but not so much anymore. If it was updated I would most probably return and check it out as I'm sure a lot of other people would. There are a fair few other games that I'd like to see updated too, such as SG which is one of my personal favourites, but like @xOeuf mentioned, the game we see get an update next may be the one which received the highest amount of votes on the recent poll. But I guess we'll see.

Posted Mar 12, 2020
    xOeuf likes this.
  20. The next poll should just be between pvp games

OP OP