• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12148 Players Online
  • 9258 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Processed Tidy up the chest menu

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by KerbalBoy, Nov 29, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Currently, this is the chest menu you see when in the hub. Notice how the cauldron isn't in line with either row?
    [​IMG]

Now, my idea was to move the cauldron one spot across, so it looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    Ignore the barrier (the cross) where the Omega Chest should be.
    Right now it seems kinda unprofessional and messy, and it hurts to look at .-. It should be easy to change, but if it isn't, or if there is a problem that I don't know about, please tell me!

Posted Nov 29, 2019
    Mitchy likes this.
  2. hOlA kErBaL~!

Anyways, I do agree with you that it looks messy and it does slightly annoy me to look at it. Since I don't understand the Java platform well (I've barely played it), I have no idea what that cauldron does, or if it might be removed soon and that's why they are putting it there.

Even though this seems like a good change in my opinion, there's probably way bigger priorities that the Devs have on their hands right now, so I don't see this as a big problem to fix right now.

+0.75

-scarlet who's currently listening to spotify as usual

Posted Nov 29, 2019
    KerbalBoy likes this.
  3. hEy ScArLet!

No doubt the devs have wayyyyy more important things to do, but also cmon it shouldn't take more than 15 seconds.
    Maybe the devs could spend a week every 3 months or so just making very minor QoL updates that have been suggested here or on discord. It'd be great for the players to know their ideas are being taken seriously :D

The cauldron was the second chest for Halloween, so it's on the front page because it was used in the most recent event.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Nov 29, 2019
    ScarletBlood37 likes this.
  4. Heyo

I totally agree with this! The cauldron does look a little out-of-place in the menu, and moving it down would make it look a lot cleaner. As for the change itself, it should not be that much work since it is just changing the position of an item while keeping basically everything else the same. Additionally, I really do not see anything wrong with changing it and tidying it up, so you've got a big +1 from me!

Posted Nov 29, 2019
  5. I agree, the misalignment of the last chest on the first page has been around for a while and it does interfere with the overall look of the menu. I’m pretty sure that the fix only requires a change to a number, which takes almost no development power. I would love to see this simple issue resolved because it is a visual annoyance when browsing the chest menu.

Posted Nov 29, 2019
  6. Hello,
    I definitely agree that this should be fixed. I am not entirely sure how this came to be in the first place, but I am sure it would be a rather simple fix. Although this is a minor discrepancy, I would love to see it corrected. Little issues like this usually do not get priority, but I think this extremely simple solution would get fixed pretty quick hopefully. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, it's definitely a +1 from me! Have a nice day!

Posted Nov 29, 2019
  7. Yeah, this is indefinitely something that we will change and has no reason not to be changed. I would say this is a +1 for me and I will be marking it down as a registered formatting bug so that it can be revisited in a future update hopefully! As I've now added this and it's been marked down as a glitch and been marked as 'Processed' I'm gonna conclude this by saying it's been sorted out!

In the future, please submit a bug report at mineplex.com/bugs in order to prevent confusion with ideas and typos. Thank you!

Thread Marked -> Processed

Posted Nov 29, 2019
    noln likes this.
  8. +1
    Overall should be changed how it looks, not that it's just a "bug" of the cauldron that you have mentioned.
    Maybe a little more compact, maybe the colors of the Treasure Chest names or description should be changed to give it a prettier look? - it's all up to the QA team to decide. Would be cool!

Posted Dec 4, 2019
    Mitchy likes this.
  9. Oh gosh, I've never actually noticed this! And I feel like I should've, because stuff like this really grinds my gears. As a perfectionist, I love for things like this that are presented to the community to look, well, perfect. I know that there are lots of things that cannot be perfect, which is completely understandable, but it looks like somebody may have just accidentally placed the cauldron in the wrong spot when developing this interface. Although this is a minor bug, I'm glad to see the Processed tag next to the title. Good job finding this!

Posted Dec 4, 2019