• 0 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 1558 Players Online
  • 1558 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

In Discussion Throwback Weeks

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by Young_Inventor, May 13, 2020.

?

Would you like to see a Throwback Week Once a Month?

1. Yes

75.0%
  2. Maybe

18.8%
  3. No

6.3%
  1. So I know there have been ideas for throwback Thursdays a lot recently so I'm proposing my own. Instead of having just a throwback Thursday as a one time event for one day, I think One week every month should be a "Throwback week" They would start and end on one Monday every month. In the throwback week Games that were deletes will be available to play, like Castle Siege and UHC, but they will be modified to fit a smaller player count. The tree lobby would look exactly the same as it did in 2013. The only exception being more spots for games that didn't exist when the 2014 lobby was created. The weekend brawl will of course happen too. Games that are currently deleted will have double experience during the event. All games that exist now, but didn't exist in 2014 will be playable. Games that have been deleted will also receive updates between throwback weeks. I don't see any disadvantages to this. I think this would attract players who have quit Mineplex for various reasons to come back and enjoy the old Mineplex.

Posted May 13, 2020,
    Last edited Jul 8, 2020
    anthxny, chickEnugget and 0775 like this.
  2. Keeping this short and simple, but I think this would be a great idea to have a featured game mode of the week to bring back the past! +1

Posted May 13, 2020
  3. I agree

Posted May 13, 2020
    Young_Inventor likes this.
  4. I talked about it in some old post and I would love it, but not a week per month. Maybe some days, but a full week would be a little bit too much for me. It's not a bad idea tho, I won't complain about it. +1

Posted May 13, 2020
  5. I would love the idea of this and I'd like to see it become an actual thing because I miss some of the old games and would like to have a chance at playing them again.

Posted May 13, 2020
  6. I don't see what is wrong with a week. I think it would be annoying if it were too short.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 13, 2020
  7. Heyo!

Seeing old games once a month would be very nostalgic for someone like me. I miss some of the old games, and would love to see a dedicated time for a few of these game to return for a week or even just a day! Thanks! Have a great day! :)

Posted May 13, 2020
  8. I'm really happy too see people are in favor of my idea!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 14, 2020
  9. I think throwback weeks would be a good way to generate interest from older players

Posted May 14, 2020
  10. Hi!

Personally, I miss many of the old things, and It'd be nice to have a throwback week. Maybe an old game returns or something else nostalgic. It would be a nice unique touch and catch the eyes of more older players.

Posted May 14, 2020
  11. I think it is a good sign that some staff would like this to happen.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 18, 2020
  12. Hey there!
    Definitely a very interesting proposition. I think that having some sort of reoccuring throwback themed event would certainly be extremely fun. In my opinion, I'd love to see more throwback styled events on the server, and I'd like to definitely host them too! It seems that your suggestion does bring a lot of nostalgic elements that many players would certainly enjoy, and by the looks of things, many players have posted some positive comments on this.

To be honest, although this idea really is pretty cool, I think it shouldn't be hosted server-wide, meaning it should be limited to only the event server. My suggestion isn't perfect, so I wouldn't mind hearing feedback from anyone.I suggested this because I'd fear that newer players would get a little confused. Of course, with interests in bringing back our favorite games, we have to think of moving forward as well. Your suggestion certainly captures the idea of nostalgia and I'd love to see some more nostalgic events for sure.

I think that this suggestion would be effective in the case that we don't have this too often. Perhaps moving this to having it once a week a year? Making it more exclusive fun, and more entertaining and unique. Love to hear what you'd have to say about my idea! [​IMG]

Posted May 18, 2020
    Young_Inventor, 0775 and Astai like this.
  13. I think you have some very good points here. Maybe once a month is too frequent, but I think once a year is too little. I do not think these events should just be hosted on MPS servers. I don't think it would attract as much older players. The MPS servers all also have a lot of lag when there are a lot of players, and can only host about 80 players. I also think it would be harder to host the Weekend Brawl on the MPS. Lastly I think bringing back the 2014 lobby is essential to making this feel just right. Though newer players may be a bit confused, I think they will be excited about a new lobby and games they have never seen before.

Thank you for taking my ideas into consideration! I really appreciate it. ;)

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 18, 2020,
    Last edited May 18, 2020
    Tours likes this.
  14. So I wanted to specify what the lobby would look like.

The lobby would be in the exact style of the 2014 lobby.
    There would be 4 sections with the classic Mineplex text. These 4 sections would be. PvP based games in front of you when you spawn. Classic Games to the right of you. Casual games to the left. Last the Arcade behind you. The classic Mineplex text would be there to.

The PvP section would include: Cake Wars, Clans, Mine-Strike, Survival Games, and Sky-Wars.

The Classic Section would include: Champions, The Bridges, Super Smash Mobs, (and if added back for the event Castle Siege, and UHC.)

The Casual Games Section would include: Block Hunt, Draw My Thing, Master Builders, The Nano Games, and Speed builders.

The Arcade would feature Each Arcade Game With There Own Portal, with the Mixed Arcade in the middle.

I think it is worth trying to give each arcade game its own portal, to see what will happen. There will be more then one of these events, if necessary this can be changed. Gladiators will have its own island.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted May 24, 2020
  15. I was actually thinking about this a few days ago. I think it would be awesome to have an annual event where an older version of the server is restored. If enough players hear about it, it would be interesting experiment to see if old players return to Mineplex, and if restoring games will affect the playerbase or not. +1 for sure.

Posted May 24, 2020