• 455 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 5509 Players Online
  • 5054 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Thoughts On The New NANO Games Update?

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by Young_Inventor, Sep 30, 2020.

?

Do You Like The New NANO Update?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Pretty much all in the title, I just want to hear people's thoughts on the New NANO game update.

Posted Sep 30, 2020
  2. What's poppin!

Personally I LOVE the new update. Nano games in my opinion has been in dire need of an update for a while now. With this update I'm hoping to see a lot more players play Nano again. I know I'll personally be playing Nano for a bit.

Posted Sep 30, 2020
    Drizzerd and Young_Inventor like this.
  3. Hi! I got to check out the new update just minutes after it went live. And I have to say, I absolutely love the new Nano update. The new games are pretty fun, especially Frenzy and Slimeball. The slight changes that were added to existing are also great too, especially in games such as Chicken Shoot and Knock Knock. I haven't seen everything yet, but I'll be sure to check out the rest of the changes whenever I get the chance. Another thing that I like that came with the update is the fact that we were given a special event mission to celebrate the mission. I had a blast completing that mission while checking out the new changes and games. With that being said, that's all I have to say about the new Nano update. Have a wonderful day!

Posted Sep 30, 2020
    Drizzerd and Young_Inventor like this.
  4. In my opinion, it's the best game update so far in 2020! I especially like playing the Splash Down nano game the most since I used to play a similar minigame to it in the past and it brings back lots of nostalgia.

Posted Sep 30, 2020
    SpyNinja__ and Young_Inventor like this.
  5. Yo!

I've only played a few games but from reading the overview of the update, this is probably my most favorite update this year! One of the best changes is that I played is the Knock Knock one, with the doorway highlighted with glowstone, this is so helpful. Some of the quick challenges I played that have been changed I have some issues with regarding time or the overall challenge, Anyways, I love this update and can't wait to try it out some more!

Posted Sep 30, 2020
    Young_Inventor and Disgruntle like this.
  6. Hey, yeah the new update is great in my opinion. The new games are great fun and fit in well with Nano, and the update to Jump Rope particularly is pretty impressive. I tried out Bomber, Splash, Frenzy and Slimeball earlier and absolutely love all of them, particularly Bomber. It's great to see so many QOL additions too, GI and development have done a great job putting this update together.

Posted Sep 30, 2020
  7. Hi! Personally, I like the new update as well! I always enjoy new games to play and I especially like how the jump rope game was altered. I have yet to try out all of the new games, but from what I’ve seen so far it’s pretty great! :)

Posted Sep 30, 2020
    Young_Inventor likes this.
  8. I haven't gotten a chance to try it out, but I am eagerly waiting for the weekend so I can play NANO in an MPS! :happy:

Posted Sep 30, 2020
  9. Heya!
    I have played some today, and the new games are pretty cool, my least favorite I would say can be Bomber due to the radius being really big. The best one can be ranked for number one.. Frenzy!
    Adding Nano to the MPS is something that was wanted for a while, and I am super excited to play in the MPS soon. The new mini games added to quick were fun too as something new to see rather than the same old quick games that we played for sooo long haha.
    Thank you for the post, enjoy the rest of your evening/day!
    <3

Posted Sep 30, 2020
  10. I haven't actually gotten around to playing yet, and probably won't be able to for a couple of days unfortunately. Though, seeing all these positive responses and talking to a couple of friends makes me really excited to play NANO and see all the changes soon. I'm really looking forward to testing NANO in MPS's though, I saw people talking about adding this feature for quite a long time so I'm glad to see that it has finally been added; I think this is the one part of the update that I'm looking forward to the most. I hope there are some more responses to this so I can get a better idea of what to expect when I'm able to play!

Posted Sep 30, 2020
    Amg_ and Young_Inventor like this.
  11. Hi there!

I am thoroughly impressed with the new Nano update. Not only did they add in great new games, but they’ve added some smaller things as well that is very convenient in certain game modes. One thing that stood out to me in particular was the revamp in jump rope, which is really cool. And an an example of a smaller thing they added would be the timer in hot potato of when the potato is going to detonate. Let’s talk about the new games; I LOVE frenzy! It’s a mini-game that I find to be perfect for Nano and it it’s lots of fun with friends. Although this new mini-game is my favorite, we can’t ignore the other new mini-game additions that were absolutely great for Nano as well. Another game I’m glad to see added is the slime soccer. I’m sure many people remember slime soccer in lobby, and after it was removed, many people requested it back. I’m glad to see that they’ve added back in some place on the server. Overall, I am REALLY enjoying this new Nano update and I think it’s safe to say Nano has earned my favorite game title.

Posted Oct 1, 2020
    SpyNinja__ and Young_Inventor like this.
  12. Hey!

I love the new update, mainly because we can now host Nano MPS'. I think the new games that have been added to Nano are great and I enjoy playing them! The maps are amazing too. It's a really good update and I hope to see more players playing Nano now. It's one of my favourite games!

Posted Oct 1, 2020
    Young_Inventor and Amg_ like this.
  13. Hey!

I got to say I was really impressed with the NANO game update yesterday. I think what took me by surprise is I didn't even know it was coming. I logged on like I usually do and see this message in my face screaming "New NANO Games Added" and I remember thinking "no way this could be true." In fact it was true, and these games are definitely sticking with me. My personal favorite being Frenzy as I'm a huge fan of team pvp games, so anything where you have to work as a team while participating in pvp was a huge plus for me.

I was also pleasantly surprised to see that on top of the new games being added they also worked out some bugs and tweaked some games. the MineKart control issues have been fixed, you're now invisible in games like Chicken Shoot to avoid players trying to grief you, and they even added a percentage on Sploor to show how much territory a team controls and who's closer to winning. The new Quick games they added was also a surprise but I think they fit well into the rotation perfectly. Not to mention the new revamped Jump Rope game I actually like. I know some players aren't fans of it, but I think what they did with it makes it much more enjoyable.

It is sad to see that the chunk glitch in Sploor is still present though, as I would've loved to have that addressed and situated, but hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Overall, I give this new update an 8/10. I would've rated it higher had all the issues in NANO, like the Sploor chunk glitch been fixed, but nevertheless I think this was an amazing update, definitely a phenomenal job on Mineplex's part for sure.

Posted Oct 1, 2020
    Young_Inventor and Anna-Marie like this.
  14. The Chunk glitches are still around after all these years unfortunately. (Sploor Blue Team, Frenzy, and Snowball Trouble, maybe others.) I don't know if this is a Mineplex Nano or a Minecraft issue as sometimes in Cake Wars I get chunk glitched. Another issue is /hub or the Cash Out Clock won't respond on the 1st or even 2nd try. You have to type /hub over and over a bunch of times to leave the lobby. In Musical MineKarts, the join sound ticks also don't play when the nano comes up sometimes. These Bugs ruin an almost perfect Nano Games experience for the player.

Posted Oct 4, 2020
  15. Posted Oct 4, 2020
  16. Whoever said to make players transparent in chicken shoot is a beautiful person

Posted Oct 4, 2020
  17. I like this update. Transparent players in chicken shoot, along with the change to jump rope, and the addition of games like bomber and frenzy all make this update a positive one for me.

Posted Oct 4, 2020
  18. Should be fixed by now anyway, shouldn't it?

Posted Oct 4, 2020
  19. Howdy!

This update gets a positive rating from me! As many have mentioned above, having NANO games in an MPS will be loads of fun. Nano games is super unique in its fast-paced games and the concept of games lasting essentially forever (until you decide to play another game or leave). I'm really excited to see the future of NANO games.

Posted Oct 4, 2020
  20. Great update overall imo, splash down is easily my favourite part of it. I remember years and years ago I used to play a game on a server called the chunk that had the same concept, I think it was called thimble. It was a lot of fun but unfortunately I don't think it was ported over when the server merged with cubecraft. Awesome to see the game make a return, I'm not an active nano player but this will definitely have me playing it a lot more.

Posted Oct 4, 2020