• 405 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 6832 Players Online
  • 6427 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Thoughts on limited time minigame rotation

Discussion in 'General Idea Discussion' started by SomeCabbage, Apr 12, 2021.

1. I was thinking, when Mineplex brought back Castle Siege for a limited time, the player count on Java seemed to increase. What if there was a mechanic where every week/other week, there would be a different exclusive minigame for a limited time. I'm not exactly sure what it would be, but something to have people keep coming back to check whats new, since the games would rotate often.

Posted Apr 12, 2021
  2. Wouldn't that become stale when we run out of minigames (within a few weeks)?

Posted Apr 13, 2021
  3. Back in 2016, we had the weekly brawl games. At first it was amazing. Everyone was so excited about it and would look forward to Friday when it was released. After a while the excitement died down and people stopped caring about it. Although the initial thought of limited-time games sounds amazing, it's hard to keep going in the long run. You're right, it could increase the player count, but after a while people would get bored.

Another huge issue with it is the time and effort it takes for a developer to do this every week. The games probably wouldn't be the best quality and even filled with bugs as they might not be tested to a high standard. Players would get frustrated, leading to more dissatisfaction. New players could come to the server, excited by a new game only to leave with a negative opinion due to low-quality games. Personally, I'd much rather we focus on a quality game that would attract new and old players for a longer period of time.

Posted Apr 13, 2021
    CookieBilly likes this.