• 169 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 2926 Players Online
  • 2757 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

Thoughts on Cakewars Mega?

Discussion in 'Cake Wars' started by avalidusers, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Not sure if it was around before or not. Personally I like the gamemode and wouldn't mind seeing it permanently introduced. However its the one gamemode I have found the most hackers in. Also when I'm not playing with people in a party then I can't usually pullout a win. Can't win a 1v4 against a 4 man team sadly. Other than that the squads gamemode on a duos map is really fun and fast paced and I've enjoyed playing it since it started.

Posted Jan 14, 2022
    primitlve and sprinkleZ85 like this.
  2. I'm a bedrock player btw. Thought I should mention lol

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jan 14, 2022
  3. Pretty obvious

Posted Jan 15, 2022
  4. when i play it i say goodbye to 60fps and say hello to taking 8 blocks of kb

yaknow ://

Posted Jan 15, 2022
    Mydoeza and Diestraction like this.
  5. I think cake wars mega is great but, why can't you have cake wars trios

Posted Jan 24, 2022
  6. Defiantly would like to see bed wars mega become a permanent addition to the server.

Posted Jan 24, 2022
  7. was gonna say impossible because of player count but i realized ur bedrock so I guess it could work

Posted Jan 25, 2022
  8. It did work. CakeWars Mega was an LTM we released at the end of the Winter Event.

CakeWars Mega was a huge hit gained 1k players almost daily. Players seemed to love it. It will most likely never come back a perm game but we would see it come back for an event.

Posted Jan 25, 2022
    BussinBuster and avalidusers like this.
  9. This is a good idea but the player base is already stretched thin with all the current game modes so the server can't really handle more games being added.

Posted Jan 25, 2022
  10. This wouldn't work on java ever since they have too low of a player count. As for bedrock, it could become a permanent game, but why now? The game came out like 2 weeks ago for the very first time. It wasn't what anyone thought or wanted it to be but it's what we got. There is 8 teams of 4, so you can essentially say it's a child of cakewars regular and cakewars duos. The reason I say this is because the maps used were duos maps, and the teams are 4 players. The game was removed yesterday though as it was an LTM. I think that Mineplex should take time to build more suitable maps for the game as well as fix any bugs that came along with it, only then could it be re-released as a permanent game

Posted Jan 25, 2022
  11. I think it was pretty fun, although the teams generally don't really all go after each other, and I can't get 7 other cakes by myself
    Also I ran into a hacker in the first game, but he kinda just floated up into a tree and let me kill him

Posted Jan 25, 2022
  12. i hate cake wars, each game i play my team only as 2 players counting me and they slowly quit during the game while just collecting bricks while not doing anything else not even protecting the cake while all teams target us and only us

Posted Jan 25, 2022
  13. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it looks like you’ve already found it. A lot of people will just sit and “gen sit”. I also have my teams quit at the beginning of the rounds and I have to grind out a nice solo squad game. I usually play squads instead of mega because mega, as it is just an LTM, doesn’t count for wins on the leaderboards. Therefore I just try to keep grinding wins on the squads game mode.

Posted Jan 25, 2022
  14. Es bueno el modo, por lo menos a mí me gustó mucho el tener más puntos por capturar y estar más atento a tú alrededor, ya que las islas están más juntas. Siento que es un modo que debió de haberse quedado.

Posted Feb 7, 2022
    Posted Feb 7, 2022
  16. Thread Moved to Bedrock Section

Hello! I've moved your thread to the Bedrock section to prevent confusion, since a bunch of Java players thought it was an idea rather than a discussion about what already happened.

Personally I didn't play CWM at all so I have no opinion on the game itself other than "jeez I can't even imagine the knockback you'd take"

I do think that it would be possible to add it as a permanent game, but I disagree that it's a good idea. On Bedrock I would like to see DEV time spent more towards games and features we already have rather than introducing a new option to the mix. I just feel as though we should improve what is already there and available to the community instead of adding more stuff that can therefore have more glitches and bugs and more for the community to complain about.

Posted Feb 7, 2022
  17. Sorry for any confusion!

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Feb 11, 2022
  18. I don't really know what CWM is, but how come it was never on Java and only on Bedrock?

Posted Feb 11, 2022
  19. we can say the same for many java games that we would love to have on bedrock! lol

Posted Feb 11, 2022
    jerdabear and BlazeFire like this.
  20. Cake Wars Mega (from my understanding- I didn't play it) Was 8 teams with 4 players each. That was the only different from the three other CW game modes we have. It was one of the temporary games released for Bedrock Winter Event where we had a game "rotation." Other games included Survival Games Solo, Skyfall, One in the Quiver and CWM. There may have been another one but I cant remember honestly.

I don't play Java and am not at all informed about it so I can't answer why it was on Bedrock and not on Java but it was only temporary as our winter event.

Posted Feb 11, 2022
    jerdabear and BlazeFire like this.