• 2890 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 12408 Players Online
  • 9518 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

This update sucks.

Discussion in 'MCO/Bedrock Discussion' started by LittleOrangeyYT, Jun 2, 2020.

1. What the heck is this.

I’ve been playing for 2 years. This is the most poopiest thing I’ve even seen.

I log on, hop on the server. First thing I realized is it’s super laggy. Second, the hub is a city. Why? Wtf? I thought Mineplex’s theme is a medieval theme? Why a city? Just...I don’t like it. The ranks stayed the in the theme, even MORE confusing. No daily rewards, can’t even get my crates from my rank. Next, the games. Mineplex basically deleted half of their games, including skyfall, Mixed Arcade, and even Survival Games... And they didn’t remove survival. Survival is one of the buggiest, and is filled with hackers. How many times have you seen someone post a forum about someone griefing their house because they didn’t claim it. Bruh. I literally bought Assassin Kit yesterday, then Mineplex removes my kit because they removed Survival Games. Also lot gems through my Skywars kits. Oh yeah, They also ruined Skywars completely. So far, ever friend I’ve talked to about this, don’t like this either. There all a lot of things I want to say about this, but I don’t want a strike or something. So yeah. This really sucks.

I take gaming seriously bois. This update look likes it’s to actually attract 9 year old Xbox players. Mineplex made a big mistake

Posted Jun 2, 2020
    Melsieee, Venez and B1ueTiger like this.
  2. Well that's unfortunate, I've actually had the complete opposite effect. The main lobbies are way less laggy than before the update and I'm happy about that.

It's an interesting approach to a hub, I don't mind it to be honest. The games are still original to Mineplex and are a part of Mineplex's identity. I don't think that we should be locked by a set theme? Originally, I was hesitant as well about the new lobby. Give it some time though, I actually think the lobby is better than the older lobby.

Definitely, yeah. I think that the ranks should be renamed to fit the theme. Otherwise, it doesn't really make sense with the new lobby.

These are planned to be automatically given to you, you won't have to visit Carl and claim your daily reward/monthly chests. You'll be automatically given them.
    Edit: My mistake! It will be added back into Carl soon!

I think this might be of help to you, the games aren't definitively gone forever, they could be brought back.
    I can see where you're coming from, it's really difficult to determine who the cheaters are in Survival because of items being traded and given between players. If the problem is item spawning, that itself is a entirely new issue different from Survival being kept. Players are recommended to claim their own land to protect it, while we definitely could bring more attention as to claiming land, removing Survival outright isn't a valid reason isn't something justified because of that.

Sorry to hear about that. :/ That's really rough timing. If Survival Games is brought back as the quote from Brian earlier mentions, you probably will still have your Assassin kit. Give the kit change in Skywars some time, feedback will come back and new ideas will be suggested to bring it back or introduce other mechanics if needed. There's always a rough start with change, I felt that with the new lobby for sure. Give it some time though.

Posted Jun 2, 2020,
    Last edited Jun 2, 2020
    xWand, Melsieee, Zyvra and 4 others like this.
  3. I'm sorry you're feeling negatively about our recent changes. Some of your concerns are likely going to be addressed in the upcoming days. You are correct that we used to have a medieval theme, but we've switched to a more modern city theme. There's nothing wrong with a little rebranding. You were concerned about the theme of the ranks not fitting the new theme, but it's possible that these will be changing as well, you never know.

We did not "basically deleted half of their games", we removed a few games that we weren't able to focus on, and that didn't have very large player bases to begin with.

Since Survival wasn't removed, it can be assumed that it will be worked on and improved in the near future. I'm guessing this lobby and game update was a long time in the making and now that it's pushed, Brian will be able to focus on other updates again.

You were also concerned about skywars, and I have to disagree. I didn't play skywars much before because the zombies were extremely difficult to deal with. It is a bit unfortunate that the kits were removed, but it just changes the game a little bit, doesn't make it unplayable. If anything, I think I'm more likely to play skywars on Bedrock now because of the new changes.

Lastly, I want to mention that change is usually scary. We've had a history of some pretty large changes on both Java and Bedrock being received very negatively, but I encourage you to give it a chance and play for a week or so to get a better idea of how you feel about this update. Yes this is a big change and a bit shocking right now, but I think your attitude about it might change if you continue to play and get used to the new changes.

Posted Jun 2, 2020
    Melsieee, Zyvra, Goudge ✦ and 10 others like this.
  4. Listen, I know change is scary but you must learn to embrace it, give yourself a chance to like this update, keep an open mind, and if that doesn't work try suggesting things you believe will improve the update. Coming on here and saying "this update sucks" isn't beneficial to anyone.

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  5. In my opinion i believe Mineplex has began to improve.

Let's see how far they can push to make the experience better.

Posted Jun 2, 2020
    Melsieee likes this.
  6. How I see it:

Mineplex at first: Bad
    Mineplex a bit later: Good
    Mineplex not to long ago: Epic
    Mineplex Now: What.

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 2, 2020
    Melsieee likes this.
  7. hey,
    if you want to further discuss certain issues and why we changed certain things feel free to pm me on the forums or discord (Bjd1126#5370). I can answer any further questions you have

Posted Jun 2, 2020
  8. Isn’t there a weekly treasure hunt though?

Posted Jun 2, 2020
    Melsieee and NothinButNet like this.
  9. Yes there will be

Posted Jun 2, 2020
    godaroura and Melsieee like this.
  10. Can confirm the lag. Original lobby gave me roughly 130 FPS on 16 chunk everything else max (r7 2700x amd 2070 super cpu and gpu) and now the lobbies give me 90 FPS, which I can see through MSI afterburner (MSI afterburner is highly accurate and is used by many tech youtubers)

Posted Jun 2, 2020
    Melsieee likes this.
  11. I'm pretty sure Minecraft in general was originally meant to attract 9 year old kids, this isnt GTA5.

Posted Jun 3, 2020
    Melsieee and Venez like this.
  12. Breh I dont even have a graphics card or dedicated CPU either and I get better frames then you

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  13. If you have an intel cpu then no duh you will get better frames than me. 3rd gen intel cpus have better ipc compared to nowadays ryzen because intel 3rd gen to 7th gen is basically copy and paste. My laptop with an i7 4770h (I think it’s that can’t confirm atm) has better FPS than my gaming pc because my pc was built more for gpu horsepower, rendering, and streaming. If you are just here to flex your FPS then i find that incredibly rude and disrespectful as I was stating that I get worse FPS on the new update

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  14. This is going off topic :/

OP OP
    OP OP Posted Jun 3, 2020
  15. i agree i personally want skywars kits back

Posted Jun 3, 2020
    Melsieee and akeyfortyseven like this.
  16. I bought a skywars kit a while back and now it’s gone, so yeah some people are def salty

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  17. i want at least a refund

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  18. Mineplex does not give back refunds, just keep playing to re-earn those gems, gems are the easiest thing you can earn.

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  19. :(

Posted Jun 3, 2020
  20. feels bad

Posted Jun 3, 2020