• 694 Players on Java
  • us.mineplex.com
  • 8284 Players Online
  • 7590 Players on Bedrock
  • pe.mineplex.com
!
Attention Internet Explorer Users
To have the best user experience on our site please consider upgrading to Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox

This needs to come back...

Discussion in 'Gladiators' started by GAM, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Okay, soooo, we all know gladiators the game that Youtubers such as SamitoD would play while talking and chilling. I think that this game mode should be brought back although I think if it’s brought back it may need a rework. The main thing that I think needs to be reworked is a leaderboard, and cosmetics for reaching certain things in the game. For example if you reach 100 total kills you get a kill effect. Or if you reach a 10 win streak you get the title “Win Streak⭐️“ with one star. This will be in the color green or grey, but the higher win streak you get the different colored titles you get and higher. These titles will never go away, although I think it should be rethought a bit. Overall gladiators is a great game but lacks enough players. I think that instead of the lobby Gladitors game they should change it to an npc you click on to queue for maybe a 1v1 in a gladitors arena, or maybe queue for the regular 16 player glads games. Overall this is just an idea. Let me know what you all think! Thanks for reading.

Posted Aug 26, 2020
  2. Gladiators still exists as a standalone game. Unfortunately, GLD lobbies rarely start anymore, but you can still play it through the Mixed Arcade rotation (it goes in alphabetical order).

Game Insights is actually currently in the process of discussing changes that should be made to the game. The game most likely won't get a complete "rework", but there will be various changes to improve the gameplay as well as a few quality of life changes.

There is actually a leaderboard for Gladiators. Unfortunately, within Mixed Arcade lobbies, the leaderboard feature is currently bugged and only shows the leaderboard for the first game in the rotation (Bacon Brawl). If you type /sv GLD-1 however, you can see the actual Gladiators leaderboard.

I think this could be an interesting idea, however as you said, it would need to be thought out more. For example, death effects already exist, so I'm not entirely sure of the logistics of a kill effect - would it overwrite someone's death effect? Would there be another particle for if you got, say, 1000 kills? etc.

Posted Aug 27, 2020
    SpitefulNick, GAM and Young_Inventor like this.
  3. I don' t play glads anymore as I hate rod pvp and I despise anyone who play like that. Anyone who played Kohi before knows howw real PvP works and there were not rods anywhere.

Posted Aug 27, 2020
    GAM likes this.